3 months post op: let some drunk guy shave my head

Hey guys, im three months post op (FUE with Dr Feriduni 3500 grafts). I was at a BBQ last night, people got a bit drunk and started shaving their hair, I should have said no, but I was stupid and went ahead and this drunk idiot shaved it very roughly (not at all gentle) with a one guard. Fast forward 12 hours and my recipient area is a bit blotchy and sensitive to the touch. Is there any chance at all that the grafts could be damaged or pulled three months post op from an aggressive use of the clippers?

Edited by FUE2014

I'm confident your hair will be fine. Three months is a long time and the grafts are perfectly safe at this stage.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Huh. Working here 5 years now, but this is the first time I've heard this one.

I'll echo the above; you didn't damage the grafts 3 months out. I can't, however, recommend frequent drunk head shaving sessions in the future. I don't think it will hurt your hair, per say, but you probably won't get the best haircuts ; ).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sounds like an interesting party! As others said I am sure you will be fine at this stage.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson