Dr. Tejinder Bhatti Clinic refusing to share pre operation and post operation picture

confused123

Hi,

I had my 2nd HT with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti on 12th December, 2014. Its kinda strange, but clinic has refused to share the pre-op and post - op pictures taken at clinic. First they said through an email that pics have been archived and can only be shared after 6 months. When I insisted in a call some time back , they said its not their policy to share the pics at all. Whereas at time of surgery, they had confirmed to me that pics would be shared in 1-2 days after the operation. I remember even requesting their staff to click a few pics on my cell phone that time and she said it was not required as pics would be shared by clinic in 1-2 days.

I had my first HT from a different clinic 5 years back, and that clinic was prompt in sharing all my pics and other details regarding the surgery.

Apart from pics, Dr. Tejinder Bhatti's clinic has also not been able to provide me my bill/receipt and distribution of grafts on my skull so far, though they said they would send me this info shortly.

I want to connect with moderators and all other members of this forum and want to know my rights in this regard. Any help is truly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Your rights are whatever are dictated in the country and province/state that the procedure was performed in. In North America you generally have the right to your medical information upon request including any photos taken.

Dr. Bhatti has a representative on this forum. He goes by the name "California". His profile is here...

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - California's Profile

I highly suggest you contact him and work with him to get your photos and surgical details.

Hi,

I had my 2nd HT with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti on 12th December, 2014. Its kinda strange, but clinic has refused to share the pre-op and post - op pictures taken at clinic. First they said through an email that pics have been archived and can only be shared after 6 months. When I insisted in a call some time back , they said its not their policy to share the pics at all. Whereas at time of surgery, they had confirmed to me that pics would be shared in 1-2 days after the operation. I remember even requesting their staff to click a few pics on my cell phone that time and she said it was not required as pics would be shared by clinic in 1-2 days.

I had my first HT from a different clinic 5 years back, and that clinic was prompt in sharing all my pics and other details regarding the surgery.

Apart from pics, Dr. Tejinder Bhatti's clinic has also not been able to provide me my bill/receipt and distribution of grafts on my skull so far, though they said they would send me this info shortly.

I want to connect with moderators and all other members of this forum and want to know my rights in this regard. Any help is truly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hello Confused123,

I am very surprised by your email and the issues that you have brought up. Never, ever had this happen before with our Clinic (Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India). I am not sure who you spoke to when you called the Clinic.

I request you to email me at darlingbudsusa@gmail.com. I will take full responsibility for getting you the information that you are looking for.

We take pride in taking care of our Patients and making sure that they are totally satisfied with our Clinic before, during and after the procedure. We do not want you to be an exception.

Again, I will be happy to help you now and anytime in the future with your HT questions and/or concerns.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello California,

True, its very surprising for me also and dont know why clinic is acting this way. I called up and emailed the clinic today and even my brother (who is also a doctor) talked to them on my behalf to clarify if there was any possible communication gap, but they bluntly refused to share the pics.

Thanks a lot for your help, hope it will be resolved soon and your clinic will provide me all the surgery info and pics I need. I will be copying you in the email chain shortly.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Hello California,

True, its very surprising for me also and dont know why clinic is acting this way. I called up and emailed the clinic today and even my brother (who is also a doctor) talked to them on my behalf to clarify if there was any possible communication gap, but they bluntly refused to share the pics.

Thanks a lot for your help, hope it will be resolved soon and your clinic will provide me all the surgery info and pics I need. I will be copying you in the email chain shortly.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Thank you. I will look forward to your email and will make sure that we get this resolved ASAP. Will also try to find out what happened here.

Thank you,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi California,

I have emailed you the details.

Thanks!

Thank you. And I emailed you back:)

I am on it. Will get back to you soon (when offices open in India).

Thank you,

California

Doctor,

All my claims are correct and can be proved based on emails and facts. If your clinic would have asked me to wait for a week or so for pics, I would have happily waited, buy unfortunately first you asked me to wait for 6 months and then you refused to share the pics at all, nor replied to any of my emails since saturday.

Secondly, by posting my details on this forum without my permission, you have breached my privacy and posting rules of this prestigious forum. I request the moderators of this forum to take a note of this and delete my personal details immediately.

Now you Understand , WHY I always say to be cautious about doctors in India , its a un-regulated Market ... doing Multiple surgeries ... HAIR Mills ... Runnnn

Only doctor that I truely like is Dr. Radha ( FUT ) from India ,

Now I do not wish to start a debate with the Clinic's Rep Mr. California , as I am already tired , But this guys will never admit ...Becos HE IS A REP of the Clinic , How cud he let them down !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

There have been previous un-satisfied Members here who have had surgery with the Clinic !!

But the problem is : After a Little while everyone FORGETS ... and its Business as Usual ... wow

The Patient has No where to GO ,... so Just Goes HOME , what a Experience !!!!!!

Now you Understand , WHY I always say to be cautious about doctors in India , its a un-regulated Market ... doing Multiple surgeries ... HAIR Mills ... Runnnn

Almost everybody are doing multipl surgeries now, even Lorenzo, Rahal, Erdogan, Doganay, 3-4 surgeries per day. Their patients have provided enough information for that. But I think they provide the same quality even technicians extract and implant the grafts. Everything is changing.

Agreed ! But what about ... Patient Satisfaction , Proper Reply , and Good Business Ethics ? Not Important I guess !!!!

These are even more important than -working as hair mills. And, these are doctors' responsibility to provide their patients.

And, the importance of good relationship and communication, and mutual respect; here it seems they do not exist. Hope doc.(s) will criticise himself (themselves).

Why doesnt Dr. Bahatti delete his post ASAP ( he can do this) and then cant he provide Confused's pictures to him?

Hello fisherman4man,

Thank you. We will be providing the information to the Patient directly. We do respect the privacy of our Patients and do wish to maintain that protocol.

Thank you,

California

Only doctor that I truely like is Dr. Radha ( FUT ) from India ,

Now I do not wish to start a debate with the Clinic's Rep Mr. California , as I am already tired , But this guys will never admit ...Becos HE IS A REP of the Clinic , How cud he let them down !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

There have been previous un-satisfied Members here who have had surgery with the Clinic !!

But the problem is : After a Little while everyone FORGETS ... and its Business as Usual ... wow

The Patient has No where to GO ,... so Just Goes HOME , what a Experience !!!!!!

Mikeey,

I would be willing to "debate" you any time and any day!

Again, you painted a "blanket" statement over an entire country and then you tell me that "we are not discussing countries here". Every HT Surgeon has unsatisfied Patients at one point or the other. To say the least, the percentage of "Dr. Bhatti unsatisfied Patients" is extremely low. If that is not correct, please search this Forum and come up with a List of those Patients!

This Patient got his procedure done on Dec 12th, 2014. For us he is as important as our other Patients and we would make sure that we provide all the information that we should. At the same time, I do believe that the Patients also have the responsibility of making sure that they have given enough time and space to the Doctors Clinic before they take such issues online for the whole world to see. Again, the issue here is not an unsatisfied Patient (with the HT Procedure) but a Patient that got the impression that the Clinic has not provided him pictures and other relevant data. Again.....all this is happening 1-2 business days after this Patient's procedure.

Dr. Bhatti makes it a point to respond to each and every Patient email himself within 12 hours or less. In this particular case, I will reach out to this Patient and make sure that he receives all the information that he has asked for. We do not want the Patient to feel that he is not important to us. He deserves our full attention and respect and if he has felt let down, I will apologize to him.

As far as "multiple" surgeries go, our Clinic performs 2 procedures a day, one bigger (around 3000 grafts or so) and one smaller (about 1500 grafts or so). ALL the graft extractions and implantations are done by Dr. Bhatti himself. Our Clinic has 4 Operation Theatres and it would be super easy and super profitable for Dr. Bhatti to hire more HT Surgeons and cater to more Patients. BUT he chooses not to do so. His belief is that he will only take on Patients that he can work on, HIMSELF. Because he is a world renown HT Surgeon, he gets calls for opening a Franchises in India all the time. There is a reason that Darling Buds has ONLY ONE CLINIC and ONLY ONE LOCATION in India.....because Dr. Bhatti wants to take care of each and every Patient that comes to our Clinic, HIMSELF. Now, if you want to call this a "HAIR MILL", be my guest!

The medical industry in India is not as regulated as the US, but then that would not be a fair comparison to start with. We cannot use the US as a benchmark for the rest of the world. Let's not compare apples to oranges. There are very clear and precise medical laws in India. There is an efficient process in place and most of the doctors do follow the protocol. 70% of Dr. Bhatti's Patients come from North America, Europe and Australia. This has been happening for years now. There has to be a REASON (besides the cost factor....since you can get FUE procedure done at some places for 1/4th of what Dr. Bhatti charges) for that.

Again, it is easy to write off the doctors and the system in an entire country. BUT the question remains.....is that FAIR? We stand behind the quality of our work, customer service, ethics and professionalism.

Thank you,

California

Well said California. I had my photos taken before my opt and Dr Bhatti was willing to email the photos over to me once I arrived back home, but instead I decided not too as I took my own photos.

Confused123 Im sure California will resolve your problem.

Well said California. I had my photos taken before my opt and Dr Bhatti was willing to email the photos over to me once I arrived back home, but instead I decided not too as I took my own photos.

Confused123 Im sure California will resolve your problem.

Thanks Jay. I am in touch with Confused123 via email. I will make sure that he gets all the information that he has asked for. We will try our best to address his concerns and add him to our list of Happy Patients.

Best regards,

California

If doctor shared details with jayukdht and other patients, why not with confused? Did everything go alright during the surgery?

Hi All,

Please note that all the documentation (pictures, details etc.) that Confused123 had requested from Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India, has been emailed to him. Also please note that his procedure was done on Dec 12th (Friday) and he posted to HRN on Dec 15th (Monday). I had emailed confused123 asking him to send me his phone number. He was kind enough to do so and I had a detailed phone conversation with him to fully understand his requests (sometimes emails can get hazy). That same day, all the details were sent to this Patient. I followed up with another email to make sure that there were no outstanding items. Also tried calling him again but could not get hold of him.

Again, the goal here was to treat this Patient like we treat any other Patient of ours......with respect, care and sensitivity. We make it clear to ALL our Patients that our Clinic is just an email or a phone call away. We are always there to help in any way we can, at any stage of their HT journey.

Thank you,

California