Are their any recommended FUE doctors in Mexico? Or are they all a scam?

Coupeit88

Recently I visited a pronounced transplant doctor in Westchester County, New York. I told him what I wanted done and he told me that I wasn't a good candidate for FUE even tho I'm thinnning/losing hair on the sides of my hairline. He sold me Viviscal Professional instead and told me to check back with him in 6 months.

I was discouraged becauseI thought that he'd help me out. I may not have extreme hairloss but I know my sides have receded and I want to get it fixed. So I've skypd a couple doctors from Mexico since they give me the time of day. Both doctors said I'd be looking at somewhere between 600-800 grafts for what I want accomplished. One doctors clinic in Cancun (Perfection) has had some horrible reviews when it's come down to all surgery's. The other doctor is in Guardlajara, but it's extremely difficult to get there from NY and he seems rather young.

I'm ready to pull the trigger and get this procedure done but I just don't know where. I figure that many of the Mexican doctors take advantage of Americans but on the other hand an objective person has to think "Their has to be at least one good HT surgeon in Mexico? Right?"

I see that this website gives a recommenced list of doctors (worldwide) but none in Mexico. So I'll ask/beg/plead again, is there any trusted Mexican doctors who come highly recommended with the FUE HT

**outside link removed by moderator**

The portfolio on this website link above looks good and I've spoken to the doctor thru skype. But hey, maybe it's still a scam.

I just find it ridiculous that we don't have any good recommended doctors in Mexico. These procedures are difficult, yes. But they are also extremely overpriced in this country.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

You're not buying an iphone; you're buying an image that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. Divide the total cost by the total number of days that you will have to live with the result, and you'll find the price quite reasonable. If you cannot afford a surgery at this point, wait until you can.

There are many different factors that go into achieving a top notch result. Many of the recommended top Surgeons in North America and Europe are expensive because they are the best. Period. Disclaimer: There are always exceptions. Long story short, you really do get what you pay for here. Don't look for a bargain or you may end up spending more money than you can afford on corrective procedures. Good luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm focusing on Mexico because it's close to us, the prices are reasonable, and the ability to have a vacation beforehand. I'm not one who believes the best doctors in the world have to be American - I find that insulting to other international doctors who put just as much work in. I found a couple Mexican doctors with shady websites and not good portfolios, but the link I posted above seems to have a good portfolio. The doctor has done numerous transplants.

@Staggerlee - why is getting 600-800 grafts a mistake in general? Just wondering?

Just so everyone knows, I'm doing as much research on this as I can in my free time. That's why i came here. I appreciate all of the help and responses before I make this decision.

Maybe look at Dr. Nader in Reynosa, Mexico. He did this Check out this dude's youtube progress! - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients guys HT and it looks pretty impressive and cost him just under $5k according to one of his posts on YT.

I saw that, there is another guy whose been doing updating videos of Dr.Nader as well and posting videos on youtube, some black guy but I forgot his name.

Dr.Nader is one of my choices aswell, thing is I don't need much work done. I don't see how any FUE doctor would be able to mess up the area that bad. I'm just looking for the best Mexican doctor there is.

Thanks KO, you've been a great help LOL

Just think you could get a bumper sticker that says "Buy American". Probably not a lot of help either. I felt when it came to forever, I was going with one of the better doctors. I'm not a wealthy man, I just sacrificed some other material things to get what I want. I also feel more in control in my own country. I will not have follow up issues either.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

• 5 months later...

@ Coupeit88

What is the Dr's name from the H/T link that was removed? I most likely have corresponded or spoken with him.

I have done extensive research on hair transplants in Mexico. I plan on getting 3000 FUT grafts next month (May) at a fraction of US prices. The Doctors I'm considering are board certified in Mexico.I can't find any info on how that stacks-up to US board certificates but I sure you would be in capable hands.

I find it hard to believe these members making negative comments on hair transplant Doctors and clinics in Mexico without a stitch of proof to back it up..Any links ? I would like to see them so I can make an educated decision. There are also several favorable Mexico H/T reviews in this forum.

I believe a person can get a very good hair transplant at very reasonable price and have a safe trip in Mexico if you do "your homework" and I plan to prove or disprove it in at least the avenue and Dr. I take.

• 1 month later...

I'm a patient of dr naders,I'm only 5 weeks out so its to early to tell how it'll end up but I can say the Dr and his team are good people,they help you as much as possible in regards to getting down there,you get set up at a nice hotel which is less than 10 minutes from the border and his office is about 10 minutes across the border. He does fue and fut,but about %90 fue as it's clearly the more appealing choice...and it's not artas he and his assistant do everything manually and utilize the implanter pen. He answers his own emails and only does a patient a day so he is a little hard to get a hold of but when you get him he answers any and all questions,he tries not to do more than 1500 grafts a day so in bigger cases like mine you'll likely do two days. You can google his name and find his website which isn't very up to date but the links he send you are,I'd post it here but ya know he's not recommended so it shall be removed by the almightys,good luck let me know if anyone needs any help

I saw that, there is another guy whose been doing updating videos of Dr.Nader as well and posting videos on youtube, some black guy but I forgot his name.

Dr.Nader is one of my choices aswell, thing is I don't need much work done. I don't see how any FUE doctor would be able to mess up the area that bad. I'm just looking for the best Mexican doctor there is.

Thanks KO, you've been a great help LOL

How did the HT work out for you? Did you consider the surgeons in Turkey?

• 2 weeks later...

@ HairyPotter79

Dr. Luis Nader was my first choice since all the info I found on him was very positive.I elected to go with the FUT procedure because I already have the scar from a previous FUT surgery & it's lower in cost.

It took a few weeks to get a reply which was on 4-5-15 he said now he is now only doing FUE which is not an option for me since I want to keep this surgery unknown & a shaved head will definitely spill the beans. I asked him if he would reconsider doing a FUT procedure & never received a reply.

Dr. Nader seems to be a dedicated HT doctor & I'm sure your will be very satisfied with his work.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a patient of dr naders,I'm only 5 weeks out so its to early to tell how it'll end up but I can say the Dr and his team are good people,they help you as much as possible in regards to getting down there.

How about an update on your HT progress & satisfaction to date ?

How about an update on your HT progress & satisfaction to date ?

I just made a 2 month post op album,things are great I've kept a few hairs in the front which is nice and I'm basically only wearing hats when I'm outside in the sun I still have no definitive hairline but my confidence with my hair is through the roof..in regards to getting a hold of him it is tough he answers his own emails and gets a lot of them daily,I spoke briefly about it with him when I was down there.in regards to him doing strictly fue now when I was planning my surgery with him and chose fue he said he's been primarily performing fue (about 97%) over the last few years so I'm not to surprised but I would try and wait for a response on wether he can make an exception seeing as he is a very accommodating guy..good luck keep us updated on how things go

Mexico HT seems to be a joke around here. Was attacked for mentioning going there by that busa guy( very glad he got the boot ) and others don't seem to think much of the idea either but positive proof has been documented, especially with Dr Nader.

Your hair is really coming in, should be looking great for the upcoming holidays. Thanks for the update.

Yea it does,and I won't lie I had my concerns leading up to the surgery dates after all it is Mexico and its not luxurious,it's right near the boarder and there are armed patrolmen at the border (like most borders) and there were a lot of locals walking around selling stuff when crossing back to the u.s but idk I'm from ny and it kind of just felt like riding the subway to Manhattan there's people selling and begging for money and there are parts that aren't so pretty,never felt unsafe at all though and I went through the border twice. He has a personal driver and I actually was picked up by Dr Nader himself the first morning because his driver wasn't available till the afternoon and I had a cancelled flight so I was actually late for my surgery but the whole time Dr Nader was in communication with me and kept me at ease he really is an amazing guy,and I talked with a patient of his that is documenting his journey on YouTube so I was comfortable and everything he told me held truth which was awesome I'd do it again if I ever have to.

Y'know it's funny because I actually exchanged a few emails with busa right before he was suspended and he was quite pleasant with me but before that I had my reservations about him but whatever

And my thoughts exactly,a week before Xmas I'll be at 8 months and I real excited for that especially being where I'm at so far..thanks for the kind words and if you have any questions shoot me a message id be happy to help.

• 6 months later...

I've been waiting for Dr. Nader to get back to me for almost 2 weeks. I've sent him photos and intro. How long did it take for him to get back to you and schedule your surgery?

On a scale of 0-10, how painful is this, or for example, in comparison to getting a tattoo?

I've been waiting for Dr. Nader to get back to me for almost 2 weeks. I've sent him photos and intro. How long did it take for him to get back to you and schedule your surgery?

On a scale of 0-10, how painful is this, or for example, in comparison to getting a tattoo?

It's Mexico - what did you really expect?