Dr. Ron Shapiro – 6177gr/11,939hairs in 2 Strip sessions – NW6

"Coverage looks decent but I would have expected more with that number of grafts."

I believe it says that's a result of 1 strip of 3k grafts. The second one they are only showing the post-op picture, nit grown out result....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Jana, can you clarify at what point the pics are taken?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I apologize that this result has caused some confusion......

I will likely take the last photo off of the immediate post-op after 2nd surgery from my original post as I think this picture is what's causing the confusion.

The "after" pictures are showing the result of two procedures totaling 6177 grafts

The coverage with 6177 grafts addressed approx 200cm2 since this was very important to this patient. Over-all density 35fus/cm2 frontal half and 25fus/cm2 (quarter of original) back half (crown).

There are many variables when reviewing a final result, such as, hair and scalp contrast, hairs characteristics; coarseness, wavy and color, length of hairs, hair loss medication status, photo environment etc.The length of this patient's hair does not allow for shingling effect to make his head of hair look denser, which we all know play a major part in optimizing a hair transplant result.The hairs are basically sticking straight up parallel with the angle of the camera seeing directly through to the scalp.I disagree with the first comment that we should expect more from 6177grafts when addressing the whole head with hair length is short.The first surgery was 5 years ago, but even if we assume that he didn't lose any of his native hairs during this timeframe, adding 6177 grafts would average in the hairline to approx 45 cm2 while other areas would have around 25 to 35cm2.But, it is also possible that all the original native that was in the front has gone, leaving him with only the transplants.All these variables and scenarios are important to understand.Since we feel this patient's result would look fuller with his hair just a little bit longer, we've asked him to come back in 3 weeks for another round of pics.We will again put them side by side to show the difference.We see if by changing just one variable how that can change the appearance of the result.

The reason why I wanted to show the immediate post op after the 2nd procedure was to show just how much of the head was addressed.

This patient wanted some coverage over majority of his head rather than get fuller density through the frontal half or 2/3rd's.Being a NW 6, this patient has very realistic expectations.I'd also like to mention that this patient is extremely pleased with his results and feels his goals have been achieved.

Thanks for comments and discussion.

What about the donor area scar(s) after 2nd strip procedure, one scar (removing the previous one in the 2nd session) or 2 scars one under the other?

Could you show the after photos of the donor area shaved or with very short haircut ? Everybody wonders about the scars after 2 sessions of FUT operation to compare it with the scar of two session of FUE procedures. It will be very informative for the community. You are one of the best for tricophytic closure of strip wounds.