Had My 1st SMP Session in New York

Thunder

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum. As a long time researcher of Scalp Micropigmentation, I took the plunge and had my first session yesterday in New York City.

I researched it, read about it, met people who had it, and decided that after my consultation that this would benefit my life tremendously.

I have been looking in the mirror constantly as the first session is the framework for sessions 2 and 3 where density and other aspects are achieved. Overall, the redness has subsided and I think I look a hell of a lot better then I did with that dreaded horse shoe.

Edited by Thunder

Hey thank you very much. Yes I have a great experience thus far with Matt Iulo. It is now Day 3 of my first session with Matt, the redness has subsided and I still am looking in the mirror and taking selfies lol. My 2nd session is this upcoming Thursday. I will post some pics later. If you have any questions about the procedure, feel free to ask or send me a PM.

This doesn't look like super refined work to me at all. Is this temp smp or permanent? The dots like too large imo.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This doesn't look like super refined work to me at all. Is this temp smp or permanent? The dots like too large imo.

It is my first session. The ink and replicated follicles are still settling as well as the redness is subsiding. This is not a one session process. There is healing involved. I have no doubt that the finished product will be super refined once healed properly. Also, the camera from my phone is fairly close to my head. But thank you for your opinion.

Temporary ? No. Very few places offer this option and I would not opt to do it.

I agree with Spanker, those dots look too large. If I were you I would postpone future sessions and get some more opinions from people, in person. Based on what I can see from your pictures, I would not be doubling down for more sessions if I were you.

At the very least, reschedule your upcoming appt. for at least a month while you research this more fully.

Thunder, i think that looks very good for a start. hairline shape fits your head very well. anyone that follows SMP knows that it is a process and that the dots will become smaller and the density will be added.

look forward to seeing your 2nd session photos, i heard thats where the magic happens. good start so far.

also, i wouldnt pay much mind to the above opinions, they come from two posters who promote Hair transplant doctors- so of course they have a hidden agenda

_sal

Yeah, trust the guy who just joined over the documented 11 years of combined posting. I don't want op's business, I was just telling him something he needed to hear, that there are people that do much more refined work. I agree with Wiley that I would postpone any further sessions and look at a good result in person before he goes in for more.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thunder, i think that looks very good for a start. hairline shape fits your head very well. anyone that follows SMP knows that it is a process and that the dots will become smaller and the density will be added.

The dots will become smaller? Really? Can you explain what you mean? All I can figure out from this statement is you think the addition of SMP will give an illusion of density, thereby making the dots look smaller. However, what makes you think future sessions will result in the addition of ink being anything other than the size dots that are already there?

look forward to seeing your 2nd session photos, i heard thats where the magic happens. good start so far.

Relying on magic for the desired result is not a good game plan.

also, i wouldnt pay much mind to the above opinions, they come from two posters who promote Hair transplant doctors- so of course they have a hidden agenda

_sal

I don't promote anyone, only document my experiences as honestly and unbiased as I can. And I have documented my own experience with SMP as well.

_sal

Trust me I have thick skin. And I know they are both ignorant to SMP, actually they are intimidated because more men and women are opting to not get hair transplants.

I know I am in good hands. The second session will be a good one. Dr. Bernstein, or Hasson and Wong couldn't convince me to go under the knife, these two certainly don't intimidate me. I have no agenda. This is an SMP forum and I am here to share my experiences, I know the in's and out's of SMP and what to expect and it sounds like you do too.

The dots will become smaller? Really? Can you explain what you mean? All I can figure out from this statement is you think the addition of SMP will give an illusion of density, thereby making the dots look smaller. However, what makes you think future sessions will result in the addition of ink being anything other than the size dots that are already there?

Relying on magic for the desired result is not a good game plan.

I don't promote anyone, only document my experiences as honestly and unbiased as I can. And I have documented my own experience with SMP as well.

Wiley I just read your thread about your temporary SMP experience. Looks like it didn't go so well. That is what happens when you have multiple hair transplant failures that leave you with scarring, and then you go to a place which does not have practitioners who can handle a roughed up head like yours. But hey, at least they had good customer service! Maybe you should of researched it more instead of spending all this money on nonsense. But in the end, I hope you find happiness, either a toupe or a hair system.

Yeah, most of SMP procedures are to repair the horrific damage that is done by hair transplants, and for the record, I have never seen a successful one either. Donor scars, I sure wouldn't want a zipper on the back of my head.

So you have been promoting Hair Transplants for 11 years ? But you have zero knowledge of Scalp Micropigmentation, I am sorry that your ignorance brought you to this post.

As for the other company promoting poster asking how dots could get smaller ? I am sitting here laughing hysterically. While you guys are getting your two year long hair transplants, I am already getting compliments on one session, and I had the balls to post my pictures.

Thank you to the other poster for the compliment, who knows and is educated about SMP. Chicago Hair Clinic doesn't even have an SMP section or service so you can advocate your hair transplant miracles, but in the end, all those poor men with scars will need them covered, most likely by SMP. And I just noticed your sig - Dr. Umar and my "repair" journey, lol you got butchered huh ?

I doubt you know the semantics of SMP.

I wouldn't be laughing too hard if I were you, karma has a way of catching up with people, and my experiences, based on your pictures and your attitude, tells me that it will most likely be catching up with you.

Either way, best of luck with your procedure.

guys i joined this forum 3 days ago because i am excited about this SMP treatment. Ive researched alot like Thunder and know that 1 treatment is the base and then a 2nd treatment fills in density and fine tunes the look.

I think we should all be respectful to each others decisions. The guy Thunder went Matt is considered one of the best in the United States, so im sure hes going to get a kick ass look. If SMP is not for you, then why post in this thread? it should be for people seriously considering the treatment and want to discuss results.

Keep at it Thunder, i plan to book a consultation right after you finish reporting!

_sal

Ok, I'm out. I am not intimidated by smp, and the accusation is hilarious. I was trying to be helpful. You are not a candidate for surgery and I would never try to convince you or anyone to do so. Enjoy your new look, you deserve it.

View Spanker's Website

I was actually going to do a side by side comparison for you of your head and an ultra refined smp session to show you what I meant but you removed your photos. If you decide to put them back up, I'll show you what I mean. Wylie and I were trying to save you some additional heart ache, but apparently you didn't come for advice. However, since you stated the person you went to, I still feel justified in commenting because someone researching this in the future should not think that is as good as smp gets.

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website

Spanker, his pictures are from the first session. it takes usually 3 sessions for a complete look. I say we hold fire untill he reports back... based on what ive seen on SMP forums, hes on the right track.

best of luck Thunder, im planning to go to Matt next month so look forward to your update.

_sal

I was actually going to do a side by side comparison for you if your head and an ultra refined smp session to show you what I meant but you removed your photos. If you decide to put them back up, I'll show you what I mean. Wylie and I were trying to save you some additional heart ache, but apparently you didn't come for advice. However, since you stayed the person you went to, I still feel justified in commenting because someone researching this in the future should not think that is as good as smp gets.

Spanker, most of the SMP pictures you see are taken by professional photographers. Mine were taken with my cell phone that is # 1. # 2, I didn't come here for advice, I came here to share my experience with SMP which I have researched immensely. I am glad I am not a candidate for hair transplantation, but to each his own, if that is what you endorse, may your commissions be plenty. As far as the first session and knowledge of SMP in general, I would surmise to say that you are lacking by just going by side by side photos. But I am not here to argue. The Chicago Hair Clinic to my knowledge does not perform SMP procedures, so if you base your knowledge off of photos, then maybe you should apply the same rationale for your hair transplant marketing tactics. Have a great day.

TheBottom thank you very much for clarifying how SMP is carried out, in sessions. I feel great, I like the look and the replicated follicles are shrinking. I went hatless today and it was liberating.

I shouldn't of went on the defensive with Spanker and Wylie, that was out of character for me, but they must know that my end result will be fantastic, and when I achieve that, then I will post the professional pics for their scrutiny.

I want to add that SMP is much easier to verse via laser vs. a FUE procedure. A FUE procedure requires slits in the scalp where the grafts are placed, and just like SMP has some issues with fading, FUE covers less density and has the possibility of shedding. I guess whatever makes the person happy.

What Spanker saw today was nothing close to being finished. And I do apologize if I got defensive.

Wylie, I am not sure how familiar you are with HIS hair's smp work, but their top US practitioner is now doing SMP at Headstrong, the place Thunder went to, so I have a hunch that Headstrong uses essentially the same method as HIS and creates very similar results. HIS hair produces dots that are quite large initially, but it has been well documented that they shrink significantly within 3-5 weeks. Don't ask me to explain why this is. I have a good idea of the science behind it and could ramble off a bunch of Macrophage immune cell autonomic responses, but in all honesty I don't know why HIS hair's dots start out large and then shrink and most of the other providers' dots are not large initially. The place I went the dots were just as small initially as they are now.

HIS hair smp work takes quite a few sessions, 4-6 for most men, to get the pigment to "take". Also, most of their clients seem to report significant fading within 1.5 to 3 years. I would imagine that HIS is more of a temporary SMP than permanent, and that might suit some people quite well b/c many do not want it to be permanent. I prefer the permanent SMP that will fade, but not as quickly and completely.

The reason I am mentioning HIS Hair so much as it relates to Thunder and Headstrong, is again b/c it sounds very much like the same method that HIS uses (based on the large dots) especially since HIS's former top USA practitioner, Matt, is performing the SMP.

But I disagree with your opinion and the other gentleman's whose username I can not recall, who both have criticized thunder's results. I think his SMP looks very good at this time for just having had one session. I believe the only question is how long will the smp last before any fading.

Interesting....The exact mantra that many HIS forum members and HIS forum Shills repeat over and over.

Hey I wouldn't be so dramatic lol, I am a HIS forum member, you have to admit they have a plethora of information for people who don't know about SMP.

I can only speak for myself but I represent me only. I cannot see a company like HIS having shills unless I am oblivious. Arguably, they are the biggest SMP racket on the market now and from what I have seen their marketing skills are good, but what your telling me their approach is more temporary etc.

I guess Wylie blocked me because I didn't see his response about dot size. From what I gather and I did notice this, dot size depends on the pressure of the person who is performing the treatment, your scalp, and a couple of other reasons.

I had a virgin scalp. Kojak to the bone. The redness and dots being large go hand in hand, once the ink starts to settle, you let your head breath, the rendess goes down, and the dots shrink as time goes on, I am on day 5 and have compared my day one pics immediately after my procedure to today and the dots or replicated follicles have most definitely decreased in size.

As to how it adds density? The more sessions, the more replicated follicles, and if they shrink to the size of your real hair follicle, that gives the illusion that SMP is all about, I agree it is for people who shave their head, not diffuse thinning.

Hey I wouldn't be so dramatic lol, I am a HIS forum member, you have to admit they have a plethora of information for people who don't know about SMP.

I can only speak for myself but I represent me only. I cannot see a company like HIS having shills unless I am oblivious. Arguably, they are the biggest SMP racket on the market now and from what I have seen their marketing skills are good, but what your telling me their approach is more temporary etc.

LOL wasn't being dramatic, just stating a fact. Yes HIS has some really good marketing, part of the reason they are leading by a large margin. I don't know if HIS' approach is more temporary, I am simply guessing that it is based on their many clients who report significant fading in short periods of time post smp.

And again, I strongly suspect that HIS does not employ a true permanent smp method based on their own clients reporting fading. At this link:(link removed by moderator)

one of the HIS Forums most popular diary posters has reported significant fading after just 2 years post smp. Look at the photos he posted on posts #13, #15, #16. These photos look just like a bald guy who has never even had SMP.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Wylie, I am not sure how familiar you are with HIS hair's smp work, but their top US practitioner is now doing SMP at Headstrong, the place Thunder went to, so I have a hunch that Headstrong uses essentially the same method as HIS and creates very similar results. HIS hair produces dots that are quite large initially, but it has been well documented that they shrink significantly within 3-5 weeks. Don't ask me to explain why this is. I have a good idea of the science behind it and could ramble off a bunch of Macrophage immune cell autonomic responses, but in all honesty I don't know why HIS hair's dots start out large and then shrink and most of the other providers' dots are not large initially. The place I went the dots were just as small initially as they are now.

HIS hair smp work takes quite a few sessions, 4-6 for most men, to get the pigment to "take". Also, most of their clients seem to report significant fading within 1.5 to 3 years. I would imagine that HIS is more of a temporary SMP than permanent, and that might suit some people quite well b/c many do not want it to be permanent. I prefer the permanent SMP that will fade, but not as quickly and completely.

The reason I am mentioning HIS Hair so much as it relates to Thunder and Headstrong, is again b/c it sounds very much like the same method that HIS uses (based on the large dots) especially since HIS's former top USA practitioner, Matt, is performing the SMP.

But I disagree with your opinion and the other gentleman's whose username I can not recall, who both have criticized thunder's results. I think his SMP looks very good at this time for just having had one session. I believe the only question is how long will the smp last before any fading.

I was the other poster. I thought the dots look a little too large. It was just an observation and everyone here has their right to their opinion. I'd be interested to see photos if and when they shrink. If they do look like natural follicular units at that time, I'll be happy to say so. The forum needs more smp options of high quality and I'll be happy to give my honest opinion for those who have developed a trust for it over the years. This is a fluid market with many advances and I hope that shrinking ink is one of them.

View Spanker's Website