How many grafts do I need? Help please!

Hello,

First of all thank you for this great forum. I have find a lot of great information.

Im am 35 years old and I live in Sweden. I have never had FUE or FUT before.

I wanna do a FUE operation and I have emailed several clinics in turkey. Unfortunatley I can not efford the two recommended doctors (dr Doganay and Dr Erdogan).

I have send my pictures to Dr Demirsoy and he told me that I need between 1800-2000 grafts for the front on my head and 1500-1800 grafts for my crown.

Is the estimation OK, do I really need so many grafts? I think it's alittle bit to much. The cost is 1€/graft.

How do I know how many grafts I have received?

Please see my pictures and advice. Thanks for your support!!

5b32e0ee6e25c_bild1.JPG.1e7abd949ce84dd33afc9c0e38b2e4c9.JPG

5b32e0ee7ed55_bild2.JPG.24ee1684322c31ba399faf605dfd23d7.JPG

5b32e0ee91b34_bild3.JPG.0a100dc46ee98f0eaf1c668b4c4a9ee4.JPG

5b32e0eeb594b_bild4.JPG.5215cc2eea69c0a653fb5f317713b37f.JPG

5b32e0eecb0ac_bild5.JPG.794d12fe2b6050facadd68f9837ddadd.JPG

From the pictures, I can tell that you need around 1800 grafts in the front and 500-600 in the crown. I am no doctor of course. Since you may lose more hair, you should think of a bit conservative hairline for your age and should not go for crown as of now. You many want to try finasteride since it works really well in crown region.

• 2 weeks later...

The doctor will tell you. If you don't trust the clinic enough to tell you, you don't trust them enough to do your surgery. I would say that is an accurate graft count for a wow result, but I would consider finasteride and minoxidil for the crown and consider a reasonable hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say 2000 for the front. However, I would not touch the crown. The loss is so minimal. I would treat it with meds and see how it progresses.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...

@Mike1978,

Hi. Your graft count will depend on what you are trying to achieve. You can postpone surgery and keep a thin-looking crown, but what do you want from hair transplant surgery in terms of goals for both areas? Have you considered non-surgical options or how much hair loss you could see in the next couple of years?

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would say 2000 for the front. However, I would not touch the crown. The loss is so minimal. I would treat it with meds and see how it progresses.

Fully agree with this suggestion.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 2 weeks later...
@Mike1978,

Hi. Your graft count will depend on what you are trying to achieve. You can postpone surgery and keep a thin-looking crown, but what do you want from hair transplant surgery in terms of goals for both areas? Have you considered non-surgical options or how much hair loss you could see in the next couple of years?

Yes You are right about it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the possibilities I would consider listed in the order of preference.

1. No hair transplant, just finasteride and observe.

2. 2200-2400 grafts densely packed at the hairline.

3. 2200-2400 grafts to the hairline and 500 grafts to the vertex.

So if I had this hair, although I am a hair surgeon, I would prefer not to have a hair transplant at this stage.

I have to add that, if I had a very limited budget like less than 3000 Euros, I would rather give the money to charity than having a hair transplant :)

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I don't think you need any grafts. Yes it is recessed....but I think it adds character. :)

Agree,and at the age around 50, as long as you keep your hairline, you will look more natural, personal opinion but, you have grade 2 hair loss, the graft number will depend on the hairline design, 1500-2500 may be the range.

Wish you will continue posting showing your decision and progress..

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think you need any grafts. Yes it is recessed....but I think it adds character. :)

I agree. Your hairline has receded, but you have what appears to be a nice thick hair behind it. Your crown loss is also very mild. I would suggest fin and watch it for a few more years. If you keep losing hair, in a few years maybe then think about a HT when you hit Norwood 4. I lived through your current stage 15 years ago and it then progressed to NW4 and then NW5 in the last 5 years. I wish I would have made the choice to proceed right when I hit NW4 but I am Ok with finally deciding at NW5. I am not a fan of people doing HT before NW4 because it is not one-and-done; they will nearly always need a second session. They should try meds first at NW1, 2 , or 3. Keep your scalp virgin if you can.

Get on Fin & rogain you could do very well for the crown over the next yr or so & if you do good on Meds if I was you I would get HT out of your mind for at least 10 more yrs.

By that time hopefully there be better options around.

I see you have a good thick head of hair at 35 yrs old.

try & save what you got on now & sticking with the only Meds out there.