Hairloss and dating (advice needed )

So, I'm on Facebook, and my profile picture looks ok I have a buzz cut 2 level, anyway this chick I got onto in year nine at school have not seen her for 20 years starts asking me alot of questions and wants to go out on a date with me.my hairloss is on top and at the back so she probably thinks from the photo on fb that im sporting a short haircut and I have all my hair.She has asked me out 3 times and each time I have made an excuse up not to go.I'm hesitant to meet her cos I would be upset if she ditched me after coming on so strong.This shelia is a good sort prob a 8 out of ten with hot friends.What would you blokes do in my situation?

I'd go on the date without a hat. It's like ripping a bandaid off to see if she digs you for who you are. Not going will eat you up inside.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dear Bronte, Dear Abbey is out today so I'm answering her mail.

I say go for the date.

If she is a solid persona as you say , then she should expect some changes after 20 years! I'm sure she has a few imperfections now too. So I say spike that hair up (what's left of it anyway), dress to impress, and go for it!!

And if it doesn't work out, make sure you get introduced to all of the hot friends!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

So,she started texting me alot and asked me to go to a rock concert with her and friends of her.I just couldn't handle the situation any longer so I said to her in a text message:"Are you sure you want to go out with me,I have aged alot since you last saw me 20 odd years ago,Im not a good sort anymore".She was shocked and said what do you mean and I replied with:"my hair is thinning and my body is not the same as before".I thought she would not even reply but she did and said:"Thats ok I have changed alot aswell in the last 20 years lol:So moral to this story gentleman maybe there is some women out there that are willing to accept Hair loss,anyway we set up a date for the 16 of August.I feel great cos I was 100 percent honest with her now there will be no surprise looks from her.

That's good to hear Bronte. However in my honest opinion I don't think you should have been so insecure with her. She may be a great woman, but generally speaking when you doubt yourself and act like that you lower your value. Some things are better left unsaid. There is a difference between being honest but sugar coating it, and being too honest. For example instead of directly questioning whether she should want to date you, and specifically mentioning your hair and body, you could have said something like, "We haven't seen each other in so long, this should be very interesting. So much has changed!" and then go from there. That's just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like we can tell a woman is fat by looking at her arms or face even if she is hiding her body in a pic, women can quickly detect our hair situation. If she was initiating conversation and asking you out, then you've already passed the hair test with her. Good luck buddy, let us know how it went.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

• 1 month later...

Alright dude.... The 16th of August has come and gone. Did you sweep her off her feet or what? We need to know these things.

On a side note.... I agree with Rootz that you would be much better served if you didn't let your insecurities have so much power.... There's nothing women find sexier than a confident man, so work on that.... Hair or no hair, if you don't believe you're a catch and worth dating, why should anyone else?

Now for real. How'd it go.....?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 months later...

Hey, Bronte, how about the updates? We are really curious.

As about your question: I realized that lack of self-confidence is our main and common problem. I am sure that many women will opt for a bald man, rather than a non-confident man. That is why suggest you to change your position and act as if receding hairline is your feature, but not your problem.