Dr. Friedman transforms a patients look in 12 months with one surgery

Dr. Friedman is skilled at giving that youthful look back to patients. Dr. Friedman helps dense pack a hair line to create more density by using the coronal slit technique. While still making the patient look age appropriate now and in the future. The patient had come in for his first surgery and had 2,756 grafts. Patient is very happy with his first surgery, looking at coming back to help thicken up the temple regions.

A.jpg.d38c77231e76b3fef58baff2ba82678e.jpg

B.jpg.7b6a60eb73302254dfa39d503945c702.jpg

C.jpg.7ecedd36c020458dc6c985b8da8ac5b7.jpg

5b32e05115bdf_d(2).jpg.df0cbe65bf348a7246e11f1592dc3f50.jpg

E.jpg.c7be1d97850dc77be4d71d178e46a944.jpg

F.jpg.fa8be6093a1c1276108299e9335a8347.jpg

G.jpg.d0ee5a1b7dba8794868aafd3eb207a24.jpg

H.jpg.c0118e064739d92568b1cc0b32013f18.jpg

I.jpg.63abb353c4c9a0bcad26c4a5a38ce740.jpg

K.jpg.72987680be52655197d48a3cc910bf33.jpg

5b32e05347050_1(2).jpg.30f13bd06a12da64cce141406044cf26.jpg

2(1).jpg.02ee5034ea92ee8a89bf66669cc49274.jpg

Edited by Carly

Patient Consultant for Dr. Shelly Friedman

Dr. Shelly Friedman is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

This desperately needs an immediate post op pic, or at least a pic showing the drawn areas. I'm assuming the 2750 grafts were spread over the hairline and top of the head back towards the crown, in which case this is simply not enough grafts for the job. In any event, "dense pack a hair line" does not describe this case.

I agree 1000 % with imnothere, thanks for the upload, it`s a very good result considering the amount of grafts, it also made a dramatic difference for the patient, and it is outlined with honest pictures. :)

This result really frames the patient's face, and does make him look significantly younger.

2,700 grafts is not a large procedure for a patient that has a high level of loss...so I find the results very much in line with expectations for this amount of grafts. I'd imagine another 1,500 or so grafts would finish things off nicely.

I agree 1000 % with imnothere, thanks for the upload, it`s a very good result considering the amount of grafts, it also made a dramatic difference for the patient, and it is outlined with honest pictures. :)

This is probably a decent (maybe better) result for the grafts, but it's hard to say for several reasons. I don't consider a result good just because there was an improvement. In my opinion if he had grown out his hair pre-op and combed it the same way post-op he would have looked similar to his result. Compare pic 4 and 5 for example. The main difference I can say for sure is there is now low density hair at his temples that wasn't there before. I think his crown is improved, but it's hard to say (shaved vs non shaved comparison) and there's no immediate post-op pic... the only description of where the grafts were placed is that, "Dr. Friedman helps dense pack a hair line" - the hairline is certainly not densely packed, unless you consider what appears to be 10-20 hairs/cm^2 densely packed.

Again, probably a decent result... key word probably. If all the grafts really did go into the hairline, I would say this was not good. My opinion of course.

Thank you for the response I did upload the lines pre-op as you can see we spend around 1200-1400 one hairs to fill in the temporal areas and temporal peaks. When there is an area with no hair the hair contracts to its center once it is healed, so the patient is well aware that there is going to probably going to need a second procedure.

I think its a good result for the amount of grafts. I also think its an honest and realistic result which noobs should bare in mind before they get their expectations too high.

I agree every physicians office needs to give realistic expectations.

We do not dense pack 10-20 or he would look very thin. If an average patient has 81 hairs per sq centimeter its not possible to gain that density after one surgery. If you divided the top of the scalp into 3 sections you would roughly have 20,000 hairs area. Of which most of those 20,000 were gone for this particular patient. Let say you replaced 6,000 hairs where he had 5,000 previous no after his first transplant he would have around half of what he had before he ever had a transplant. Thats what I make clear to every patient so they have clear expectations in their mind what one transplant will achieve.

Hard to study actual before/after results considering patient has a very tight hair cut in his before pictures and then has let his hair grow out in his after pictures. He's made improvements....but pictures can actually be deceptive (not saying it was done on purpose) when first looked at.....

I'm sorry but I can't really see where the 2750 grafts went. My first reaction is to attribute the guy's seemingly younger appearance to the fact that the "after" pictures show him with his hair grown out.

That hairline is NOT densely packed.

I personally love this result. It makes a terrific cosmetic difference for this patient without being overdone.The distribution of the 2750 harvested grafts as between hairline, top, and temple peaks and points is just right, and there looks to be near 100% yield. I think he should leave things just as they are unless and until he experiences significant additional loss. Obsessively looking at HT photos as we do, I think sometimes we get used to a certain “look” from today’s mega-mega sessions that isn’t necessarily desirable for everyone -- almost like walking around the Upper East Side of New York or Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles and seeing all the women and men who’ve obviously had work done that looks right to them, their surgeons who are considered tops in their field, and people who travel in their circles. Sometimes less is more.

Well done, doc.

I personally love this result. It makes a terrific cosmetic difference for this patient without being overdone.The distribution of the 2750 harvested grafts as between hairline, top, and temple peaks and points is just right, and there looks to be near 100% yield. I think he should leave things just as they are unless and until he experiences significant additional loss. Obsessively looking at HT photos as we do, I think sometimes we get used to a certain “look” from today’s mega-mega sessions that isn’t necessarily desirable for everyone -- almost like walking around the Upper East Side of New York or Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles and seeing all the women and men who’ve obviously had work done that looks right to them, their surgeons who are considered tops in their field, and people who travel in their circles. Sometimes less is more.

Well done, doc.