3000 graft FUE with Dr Maral..before and after

Hi.

On April 10th 2014, I got a 3000 FUE done at Maral Klinik. I was a NW4. Other than MPB, I also have alopecia areata. I was made aware from Dr Maral that if alopecia areata attacks again, even transplanted hairs will fall. I continued with the operation because it's better than being NW4 with an ugly head.

In this post I will post my before pictures, and in my next post I will put up my 3 month post op pictures. Sorry for the different lightnings and angles, but I think it's obvious how bad it was before. Also, some of them are blurry, sorry about that, I do not have a high quality camera.

IMG-20140314-04084.jpg.f621314815684d19d7d2847ac1d65b9d.jpg

IMG-20140310-03915.jpg.7edfd9c2cb6010e7b90ac5eb9c4d817f.jpg

Edited by JimmyNeutron

Thanks guys. I was getting nervous from the silent treatment :o

Baldybee: The doc said this HT should be good enough for me, but I asked him myself if I can come back for another HT next year, and how many grafts do I have left. I have poor donor, he said I can do 2000 more grafts safely. Personally I will go back next year for another FUE, even though he said this procedure will be good enough.

My last post seemed to be a false alarm, my transplanted hairs did not fall again, it was actually just the alopecia areata attacking my native hair follicles again after going through major stress from unrelated issues.

@ Twinspark, I know every one who shares their HT's write nice long posts about their experience, the thing is I have had no time because of college(spring and summer courses). I apologize for not doing the same but I will say that my experience with Maral Klinik, from 1 to 10, 10 being highest, I would be lying if I say it wasn't a perfect 10. They really took care of me throughout the entire procedure and post procedure. Midway through the HT, they gave me a break, where I had this great tasting grilled chicken provided by them, I will never forget the taste of that chicken. Dr. Maral is very responsible about hairlines, he did not let me have my desired lower hairline, but that just shows his professionalism. He was honest with me regarding alopecia areata and HT's, he was also clear that I have a poor donor area and maybe only 2000 grafts left. Like I said before, I will probably go back for another HT with Maral Klinik, so that should tell you what I thought about the experience.

Of course final results are also important to determine if I will go back there or not, but so far I feel good about where things are heading. And as far as my experience with the clinic goes, it's definitely a group of people that I would once again trust with my scalp. The entire team is filed with highly skilled technicians. I can tell you i'm definitely not worried about my results. I am just worried about my own autoimmune disease, alopecia areata, ruining what could otherwise be a perfect HT.

Mycrowngone, thanks for the link to your HT, I will check it out.

The only post care lotion I used was the one provided to me by the clinic. I also used the pills they gave me, that's about it. Other than that, 1 month after my HT I continued minoxidil everyday. Dutasteride 0.5mg every other day also, but you can take your fin or dut right after the HT(if you have already been taking it). I don't know if you are a new fin/dut user, how that would affect the HT.

I've had two FUTs and I don't think my scalp can stretch enuf for a 3rd so I have a 3000 FUE scheduled for this Nov. I've been concerned that if I get 3000, that the donor area may look thinner than the recipient area. From this post though, I'm a little more confident hearing that with your 3000, you still have another 2000 available even though you are a 'poor donor'. Thank you for posting!

I'm in California and first went to Bosley. Not knowing anything about transplants except from their commercials, I thought 1 would do it! LOL!!

I got a "bargain" (their words) @ $4.50/graft. 1500 cost $6750 + $500 for the after care kit.

I then came across options in Mexico and had my 2nd FUT. 2300 grafts for $2800. Kit included. $1.20/graft. It came out awesome. Plus I had them put 100 into my eyebrows.

The FUE should be my last one. I didn't know how much difference hair would actually make. This was my gift to myself after my divorce 4 years ago and now that my son is off to college, I'm soooo glad I made the choice to do this as it's greatly improved my quality of life and after the FUE, it'll be time to get back 'On The Market'!.

image.jpg.2be44450829fb3a4a61a8300f7ec986f.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Jimmy

I'm happy to see you finally did your transplantation with Dr Maral. Your pictures at month 3 show a nice work... I like your harline, which is low enough. I look forward what it's gonna be like in 6 months ! Keep cool, be patient :)

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

very good result.

What is your density follicles per sq / cm?

What is your hair shaft density? is each of your hairs quite thick?

@ 3 months(at around 3 months).

The one showing the donor area, it's pink because I had just scratched, but it actually looks pretty normal.

Please comment, feedback, etc.