SMP and fading and touch ups

To all the people that have experience and knowledge with smp, I always her about smp fading over time. Let's say if I get smp and like the look but as you get older you probably just don't care for it. If you don't do any touch ups and just let it fade, would it look ok? Or is it one of those thing where you get smp you will be chasing with touch ups forever? If it fades and still looks natural then smp is great but if it fades and just Turks blurry then it's gonna be a problem but I guess it will be that much easier to laser it off if faded? I'm trying to have a clear vision in smp. You get smp today and at 70 anything can happen.

Bladybee, You just cited why True Temporary SMP is the best way to go. To my knowledge the only company making this type of pigment is Beauty Medical.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

We talked about SMP touchups and fading in the other thread, but yeah you just never know how it's gonna turn out 20 or more years later. Not many long term case examples on the net.

Even with HT's there may also be the need for touchups as well, the other option is taking meds until your 70 or older but how long will they stay effective? No 100% perfect approach currently to treat hairloss I believe.

The fading would depend on how many sessions you had done and how dark of a pigment was used.

Btw HIS seems to offer a semi-permanent solution now too.

I think Baldybee2 is worried about the maintenance and costs of SMP touchups, so temporary SMP would be an immediate commitment to always needing touchups at least every two years

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I have had temporary SMP at Shapiro Medical in Minneapolis. The work that Nicole does is amazing!

I must say, permanent SMP is not mature enough to trust at this point. Permanent SMP sounds good but can cause more problems than it solves over the long term.

You are correct that temporary SMP can be expensive over time. That said, if you are considering SMP at this point, temporary is the only safe way to go. Perhaps this will change in the future. We can all hope so.

Think of SMP as HT in its infancy. Permanent SMP is currently at the stage of plugs. Great for today, perhaps not good tomorrow.

My main thing is if I do smp will it fade gracefully? Imagine when you're 70 with smp? The thing is will smp fade gracefully or will it fade patchy that in order to look normal you need touch ups. If it fades good then nothing to worry about

Yeah it's a big leap and commitment to go straight with permanent SMP, not a bad idea to try temp SMP first and I think the cost is not that bad.

The more I research on perm SMP for scar repair, the more I find that fading seems to be issue with it. The worst would it be turning blue/green of course

Long-term SMP results are hard to find, even HIS says their longest current case is like 12 years

(google HIS smp 10 years time)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)