What does a lost hair graft look like? I think i pulled out a graft 8 days post op...

Here's a low quality image of the area,nsorry but I only have my ipad with me. The brownish area the arrow points to is more of a red in real life.

The hair literally just slipped out, as in it didn't take any actually effort to pull out like a normal hair, it just accidentally happened.

It looked like a thick black beard hair like most transplant hairs with a tiny white skin bit in the middle.

I'll get a picture of the hair if I find it, I accidentally blew it away.

image.jpg.d9dce148e8c8eae5d1bb8889f0ad03c5.jpg

lost grafts are almost always accompanied by bleeding

how much blood was there?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I don't think an entire graft can come out without blood, unless it's maybe the day of the operation and it hasn't even had a chance to take hold yet. By day 8, your grafts should be fairly sturdy and if the entire graft did come out there should be blood.

agree with Rootz, also given the location not being in the front hairline etc. even the lost of one would not largely impact the overall results.

should be fine

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 3 weeks later...

You would have to really yank a graft out at 8 days. And if there was no bulb attached to the end then I would not worry. Also, one graft isn't going to break the result. No reason to stress out over it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

So basically, there's no way to disturb a graft after 8 days?? I'm just always curious about what exactly causes grafts not to grow in. The doctors always say 100% of the grafts are suppose to grow (but it seems like there are a fair amount of patients who report otherwise).

Short of baking in the sun for hours with the grafts exposed, you should be just fine at this point. As long as you're following your doc's post-op instructions, there's nothing to be overly concerned with. It's normal to be a bit paranoid about this sort of thing after one's first transplant. Hang in there.

So basically, there's no way to disturb a graft after 8 days?? I'm just always curious about what exactly causes grafts not to grow in. The doctors always say 100% of the grafts are suppose to grow (but it seems like there are a fair amount of patients who report otherwise).

Ya, I got ya. I'm actually 25 days post op. So I guess I'm in even better shape. That first couple of months I guess you get that buyers remorse setting in. So If some one looks at your head funny, you think it'll ruin the transplant.

Thanks for the encouragement!