Any advice for my type of hair loss age 22

Hello I am 22 years old and have been suffering from hair loss since

I was 16 and I have been in lazy depression since then and also being scared of the sides effects medicine but after seeing a doctor this year he prescribed me fin and rogaine foam.

After using it I'm seeing a good result of hair coming back. Here are pics before I started using the medicine and ill post the other after a couple months of using it. Basically wondering if I should try to find a doctor for a fue/bht for my head and what norwood am I if anybody know. Thank you for taking time to read my post. Could only upload one picture here's a link to my old post.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175387-any-suggestion-my-type-hair-loss-thinking-about-fue-bht.html

image.jpg.9f48207ff272b4b87827598dc83e1737.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like your hairloss is very aggressive, in the pic seems like a NW6-7 balding pattern and you're only 22. I think the best thing you could have done is get on Fin/Minoxidil, and you've already done that so that's great. Look into Nizoral shampoo too. At this point it's way too early for a HT, you should wait and see what happens and try to stabilize your hair. I'd give it a year minimum. You want to see how your hair continues to progress after it's stabilized.

Transplanting into the crown area anytime soon would basically be a misuse and waste of grafts. Reinforcing the hairline to help better frame your face might be a reasonable option in the near future (again I'd wait at least a year, preferably longer).

You may very well experience a lot of regrowth on your treatment, so remain hopeful!

Thank you for the quick reply yea that's what the doctor who prescribed me fin told me to do so I'm just gonna wait , I use rogaine also but just started it for he past month and I have been using segals shampoo.

While I 100% agree waiting a year on fin and minox is wise, I think the balding pattern is pretty clear. This means that you can treat your scalp as if you had no hair to begin with. A hair transplant will add density no matter what and it will stay there even when everything else sheds. I could be wrong, but doing a hair transplant now is just as good as doing it later and you do get the extra density for a few years. The safe donor zones are well known and not subject to change. Similarly the "safe recipient zones that are more likely to shed first are also well known with some probabilities involved. And even if it's wrong you can have a follow-up surgery 3-5 years later on. A doctor should be able to work on your scalp as if it's completely bald and add either diffuse density or concentrated density if he/you is a believer in the "don't commit to the crown" theory.

If you demand a high-density hair you should be able to do it with hair transplant. You just have to trust your doctor to be smart and place the grafts according to the expected loss while preserving at least 50% for future corrections.

I would recommend using the medications for at least a year before you make any decisions with regard to HT procedure. That is generally standard practice.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Thank you guys what is the big 3. At moment I don't which doctor to choose from or which would be willing to look into my hair loss or even think about ht at my age ?

TheBig 3

The big 3 to beat DHT, THE CAUSE OF HAIRLOSS!

- Propecia ( Finasteride ), Minoxidil and Nizoral

Here is the thing you need to make sure you understand when it comes to MPB:

The main known factor that causes hairloss is DHT. To form DHT your body's 5a-reductase enzyme converts free roaming testosterone DHT inside the hair cell follicle. The DHT then binds to the hair cell receptor and causes it to atrophy or shrink. Eventually your hair follicle stops producing hair and you lose that follicle.

Oh I understand yea well I'm on 5 mg fins I cut Into 4 pieces and take one daily. I use rogaine foam x2 not sure on the minoxidil and nizoral. And I use segals shampoo.

I'm not sure you are a good candidate for a HT using hair from your scalp. I can already see diffuse hairloss in your donor area and it's fairly advanced for your age. Perhaps HT from beard and body hair is the only HT option.

Stick to fin and minox for life. HT is an option in a few years when/if your hairloss improcves.

Hey yea at moment I just shaved my head completely before I took the pics and had let it grow for only two month befor I posted pictures when it's fully grown ill post another, it should be better.

• 4 months later...

Yeah man, I would think you are a good candidate for finasteride. I would wait till you're at least 25, before considering surgery. Sucks, I know, but it's important to stabilize on meds before even thinking about surgery. In time, maybe you can get FUE done.

Yea I been on fins/minox for about 6 -8 month's in those pictures . There's pictures in my old post link in the first post that shows my old hair before the meds. Yea gonna wait till I'm certain which doctor to choose. Probably in a couple years ill look in to it. I use caboki and it keeps nothing showing most of the time. Here's a pic with caboki in my hair plus I hate the time it takes to put in also

image.jpg.110d63c3470426ad5847422c40867fd7.jpg

• 7 months later...

It has been a year since I last posted any pictures I have been on finstrade for about a year am I ready yet to get ht because it seems that the hairloss has gone down to couple hair here and there coming out.

image.jpg.dd5229a77efd89d1671e7edbc426458a.jpg

Hi young22,

Myself i think youre ready for a hair transplant. In your situation i dont think you should worry about your age with the advanced hair loss you have. If your on medication it looks like your not going to loss or gain anything if that picture is your year out result on meds.

Have you done any research on any surgeons you want to go with?