How many grafts do I need?

Hi Guys,

I had an FUE about 5 years ago and overall it's done a good job of framing my face. I definitely didn't get 100% growth and I have a big area that is lacking any hair on my right side.

I've always had a cowlick in the middle of my hairline but since my first hair transplant, my hairline now sticks up and looks a little crazier than before (it used to lay flat).

So, I'd like to know how many grafts you think I need to get a better result. I'm ok, with lowering the hairline just a tad if needed but primarily just want more thickness and to fix the gaps and hopefully fix some of the craziness of my hair so it's more manageable.

I'd like to go with H&W this time. I don't want to do another FUE. I'd like to get it right this time and hopefully be done with it.

These pictures are right out of the shower. I have some pics with gel in my blog and my pre-transplant journey as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Abe

5b32debfe7452_shower1.jpg.e93b25bda4a280dd6a1418a97df2e715.jpg

5b32dec005073_shower2.jpg.80be6df8b4c53acdedaf9b8fc0fcca0e.jpg

5b32dec087b97_shower3.jpg.280940170dd570210260cc62f8d5890b.jpg

5b32dec09d233_shower4.jpg.efb48387321a0095cf03df24c89ba650.jpg

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Can't see your donor, are you sure that you are a candidate?

I agree with the above that 1500 to 2000 (without lowering the hairline at all) would serve you well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't see any reason that you could not get what you need out that donor to give you the bump you are looking for. Looking at the profile (side view) I would say 1500-1800 to boost the top and another 600 to boost the sides, but the number that is most important is what H and W quotes you. I would send your pics in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Without reading the other replies I thought 2000 grafts.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day