1308 Grafts at Dr. Hakan Doganay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supasquad,

As you are a new member, let me start by stating that any patient of any doctor (recommended or not) is welcome to share their true experience on this forum whether it be good or bad.

We also make it very clear that our recommendation list is no comprehensive. There are certainly surgeons practicing quality hair transplantation that are not currently recommended.

In relation to Dr Doganay and the issues with reviews from shared IP addresses, I am less than satisfied with the explanation tendered. Not on the basis that I doubt the explanation given, but on the basis that more care should be taken by all practitioners to ensure such situations simple do not occur. If Dr Doganay was aware that this was taking place, with valid reason, why was it not declared at the outset. This would maintain transparency and only enhance the validity of such posts.
I don't agree. I found the clinic's response satisfactory. As soon as we became aware that members questioned the authenticity of some posts related to Dr. Doganay, we made a full investigation and we are satisfied that the posts are genuine. The bottom line is that the accounts in question belong to individuals who are former patients and are not in the employ of the clinic. It is not in violation of our terms of service for members to share computers or to use computers on the same network.

If you review each of the posts made by these accounts, as I have, you will notice that there is nothing questionable or misleading that has been posted by these members.

The hair loss, and restoration industry is unfortunately one that has always been dogged by unethical, unscrupulous and at times down right criminal actions. From miracle creams, to hair in a can, to laser treatments, to HT - all have suffered from the actions of less than ethical operators. Again I wish to stress at this point I am not saying that anyone on this forum or more to the point in this thread is guilty of this, but rather, given the checkered history of the industry, everyone who operates within it should keep in mind that it is one that has and always will live under a cloud of doubt. In which case it is imperative that Practitioners do nothing whatsoever to further strengthen that doubt, especially Practitioners who are endorsed by this network/forum.
We couldn't agree more. Pat, Bill and I are all hair loss sufferers and hair transplant patients who feel we are better off for having skilled and experienced physicians perform our work. Pat started this site with the intention of bringing transparency to the industry and to provide hair loss sufferers with a venue to share their real experiences (both good and bad) and avoid the pitfalls that were so unavoidable in the early days of surgical hair restoration. I think this community more that meets that goal.

This brings me to my next point, the monetary contribution of HT Physicians, especially those endorsed by the network. Again I lean on my legal background in relation to this. I think it is a very slipper slope, and one that requires the utmost transparency and disclosure. I for one will admit that I have long viewed the forum and its threads and only recently joined as a member. In all the years that I have viewed it, I was never aware that any contributions were made by Physicians. I take responsibility for the fact that I did not conduct due diligence in this regard, however it was simply not something that I assumed would occur. Given that it does I will state the following – in a legal context, once a financial relationship exists between any two entities, the relationship changes. A fiduciary responsibility is created between the two parties, and aspects of impartiality are lost. I accept as stated that there are costs involved in maintaining the forum, and that these costs are supported by Physician contributions, however I would ask, given that this is touted as community forum, almost to be considered as a “not for profit” organization, are there records of contributions made and costs incurred and if so are these records/statistics available to forum members? Are there surplus funds and if so, where and how are they distributed? Do moderators and/or Senior Members receive any remuneration for services and if so how much?
As you already know, the fact that recommended physicians pay a sponsorship fee to help fund the costs of this community has always been public knowledge. You can find it disclosed here as well as in numerous discussions throughout the forum.

I don't know where you got the idea of our community being a "not-for-profit" but we have certainly never presented it as such and I don't see the ambiguity there. This seems to be an assumption that you made?

One thing that has always baffled me is the notion that recommendation by our community is a commodity for purchase. Ask yourself how long this forum would be here if our recommendations didn't include only the best surgeons worldwide. The fact is, only a small number of surgeons that express interest in becoming recommended are invited to present their work to our community. Some of those don't meet our rigid standards. In some cases, it has been necessary to remove physicians from recommendation for one reason or another.

The bottom line is that, if money were the driving force instead of ethics, quality work and excellent patient care, our community would have recommended three or four times as many physicians years ago then ceased to exist because those recommendations would have been seen as worthless and members would simply have gone elsewhere. As it is, we have been at the top for more than a decade. There is a reason for that, credibility.

An example that I've used in the past is this: I scuba dive and when I'm in the market for a new piece of gear, I rely on reviews from Scuba Diving Magazine because their reviews are thorough, fair and balanced. Scuba Diving Magazine accepts advertising from all the major manufacturers. However, that does not stop them from telling the truth about a piece of gear when it doesn't meet their performance standards. They may have a full page add for a dive computer on one page and a critical review of that same computer on another. This works because readers respect and value their reviews so they'll keep on buying the magazine. Because the magazine has a high readership, manufacturers will continue to advertise despite a poor review of one of their products. In fact, the feedback that the manufacturers get from such reviews encourages and assists them in producing better quality products which benefits everyone. In that respect, I don't see financial interest and truthful recommendations to be mutually exclusive.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to try every mask, every regulator, every computer, etc. personally before making a purchase. Realistically, I can't. Thus, I have to find alternatives. That also doesn't mean I stop at one source. Truly, your life can depend on the quality of your scuba gear so I try to consult as many sources as I can before making a decision.

The same can be said for choosing a hair transplant surgeon. In fact, with an online community like ours, you don't need to rely solely on our recommendations because you have the wealth of knowledge brought to the table by our many hundreds of experienced members worldwide. In addition, it's not uncommon for the recommended physicians who sponsor this community to join a discussion in support of a non-recommended physician when members are seeking input about them.

Ultimately, we are here to guide balding men and women in making good decisions. If they choose a recommended physician, they know that they have met our criteria and have long track records of delivering excellent results and quality patient care. If they choose a non-recommended physician they are still welcome to share their experience and contribute to the collective knowledge. But, no one should limit their research to one single source. You get one shot at a first hair transplant and you want to make it good.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge
Typo

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear Supasquad,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We would like to emphasize that all opinions and ideas belong to account holders David mentioned and we do not ask any one to write any comment. The only reason a clinic opens a fake account can be to attract more patients. But we have been rejecting some of the patients who want to get operation since we believe that they are not good candidates for a hair transplantation operation. And some of them say thank you for our clinic's honesty since we told them the truth. We would like emphasize that honesty is important for us.

We also would like to emphasize that we do not use any light effect or photoshop on our pictures. What we post and write are true. Even our results we posted show some of our former patients' faces (after their permission) and some people from the forum had a chance to talk to them and check these patents' results with their bare eyes in the clinic. Therefore, no need to have any doubt about the validity of the results. You can check our posts here: Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

You can also check some of our other former patients' results they posted their own topics on the forum.

We believe that this forum is a great place for both doctors and hair loss sufferers since clinics can posts their results to show what they can do and also patients can share their own experiences and learn from each other. You can see many these kind of examples on the forum.

For instance, one of our former patients from Australia shared his own experience and result on the forum. Since you are also from Australia, we believe that his experiences with us can help you as it did for some other people. Here is the link of his post you can check: 4065 Grafts Dr Hakan Doganay! Australia To Turkey! - Page 4 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Thanks again.

Edited by DrHakanDOGANAY

Are our operations rushed trough?

The grafts shouldn't wait for a long time out of the scalp after harvesting process not to affect regrowth rate negatively. Therefore, we try to implant them without waiting for a long time for the sake of the grafts' survival. Even, to decrease the grafts' exposure rate, we are designing a new chair that enables us to harvest and implant the grafts at the same time for the sake of the grafts' survival. We will announce later on the forum about this new change.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys.

I am posting some 2 Month and 1 weeks Update

I am currently buzzing my reciepted are with a no guard because otherwise it would look to obviesly that i had a HT. There is still some redness an the area looks a little "bumpy" if you Can Call it that.

I am Also concerned that i have lost more behind the reciepted area, specielly in the middle front. I hope that it Will grow back.

I am using toppik but if i loose more hair i Think i wan't be able to pull of the concealer.

is it fine to Cut/shave the hairs in the reciepted area until maybe around Month 6-8? Until all of the folliculs Will start to grow?

Then it want look so ridicules.

image.jpg.8aad8586930fbb694abf9b2cfead041c.jpg

I Will say at the moment i am very depressed.

My hair is getting worse and worse and i feel like i should have gotten more than 1300 graft with the State of my hairloss. But the clinic told that it was what i needed ao i have to trust Them.

I just pray to god that i want look like a freak when it has fully grown

I Also know i need to have a surgery more to fill in my middle area wich wasn't really touch

They didnt Think it was thin enough. But i see some other results were people gets thin areas filled in with succes.

johnny,i would say hold on to your donor,because it looks like you will lose more hair later on.let this operation go for 12 months,and then re-evaluate what to do.so far it looks worse,but it should get better.

johnny,i would say hold on to your donor,because it looks like you will lose more hair later on.let this operation go for 12 months,and then re-evaluate what to do.so far it looks worse,but it should get better.

Yes i might be loosing more hair on the futere, so far Fin has slowed it Down put lately im loosing more, i hope its because of shockloss and that it Will return.

I Will upload again around 3-4 month

Anyone knows if it is ok to just keep the reciepted area buzzed until Month 6-8?

Will it have Any affect on the hairs, like they want mature or anything?

keeping it shaved and short should not affect anything (except maybe sun exposure), but do shave the area gently without any rough pulling

hope it works out for you and grows in

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

keeping it shaved and short should not affect anything (except maybe sun exposure), but do shave the area gently without any rough pulling

hope it works out for you and grows in

Hi HSRP. Thx for you answer.

I guess if i use sun factor 30 on the reciepted area it would be ok to go into the sun?

Supasquad I too am from Australia considering having my first HT. Thank you for your posts as you have expressed some of my concerns as well.

Dr Doganay posted a link to member from Australia whom had HT with him 'mickeydw' if my memory serves me correctly. I tried to meet up with Mickey in person but due to his privacy concerns he understandably declined.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can see first hand the work of these HT surgeons without having to travel halfway around the world just to make a decision. Good luck with that I guess!

Johnny - have you paid attention to the angle of your hairs? Mine are completely wrong. For example the direction of my hair on one part is / and the transplanted hair is \ . I went to another doctor and they said several of the transplanted hairs are not in the right direction. I have to get restorative surgery now

Johnny - have you paid attention to the angle of your hairs? Mine are completely wrong. For example the direction of my hair on one part is / and the transplanted hair is \ . I went to another doctor and they said several of the transplanted hairs are not in the right direction. I have to get restorative surgery now

I have not paid attention to This actually but i assumed that with more than 10 yrs of experience dr. Hakan and he's accistense have?

I hope they have!! Otherwise it would be a very Big dissapointment!

I am now buzzing my hair short so it is hard to see the angels

• 2 months later...
Johnny, thanks for posting your results. Any follow up?

To be honest the result so far is not what i expected. But hopefully something Will happen.

I Will post pictures by 6 Month mark in next Month, but i dont Think you Will be able to see something

• 7 months later...
any updates?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178922-fue-scar-12-month-post-op-pictures-post2426428.html#post2426428

Read the whole thread.

It ended with the clinic acted very professionel.

They gave me a refund AND offered me a another HT for free, they even offered me to put som grafts in my donor area where the scarring was bad,

I did however turn the offer down.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178922-fue-scar-12-month-post-op-pictures-post2426428.html#post2426428

Read the whole thread.

It ended with the clinic acted very professionel.

They gave me a refund AND offered me a another HT for free, they even offered me to put som grafts in my donor area where the scarring was bad,

I did however turn the offer down.

would you recommend dr hakan?