1308 Grafts at Dr. Hakan Doganay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My right side. All they did was literally add grafts where they saw no hair coverage. Keep in mind my hair has coverage from my mid-scalp because its long, so instead of parting my longer hair and then inserting the grafts they simply added grafts given my current hairstyle.

hair.jpg.d1e546c28490b5ea6759bfef23c9d72a.jpg

image.jpeg.86f1b96e10b75448d520d1a4e5a075de.jpeg

Also, you can literally count the black dots (grafts), so please tell me how this is 1512 grafts? I don't know where the other 1000 went but it wasn't on my head!

Whats up with the first picture? It must be before the surgery Right?

I have to say that your hairloss is alot less than me.

It looks like you only thin in the corners.

Im aldo diffuse thinning in the middle so my hair loss is Way worse.

But i dont Think the hairline looks that bad actually from what i Can se at the picture.

Yeah first pic is before. My hairloss isnt that bad, but the hairline is pretty much gone. For example, I cant style it up. It looks worse in person because my hair is longer and some of the longer hairs is masking the baldness.

Yeah first pic is before. My hairloss isnt that bad, but the hairline is pretty much gone. For example, I cant style it up. It looks worse in person because my hair is longer and some of the longer hairs is masking the baldness.

Yeah i understand.

But if it makes you feel better, you have alot more hair than me. Im thining a bit more than you i would say. Thats why i Also assumed i would have needed more than 1300 grafts.

But the clinic did what they did and nothing more i Can do.

Now i Will just have to wait and hope it gets dense enough and my donor gets better.

? Pray to the Lord. Maybe i should start going to church so my prayers gets heard:)

Hi Guys,

I am a former patient of Dr Hakan Doganay. I live in US since I am a former patient; I believe I have enough experience about the process. I can give you my US number via private message and you can call me and meet me if you want I can share my experience in person.

Bit suspect as soon as 'Lloyd' is mentioned he shows up!

Admins is this a bogus account?

Hi guys i too had a 2400 graft by Dr Hakan and i can only speak for myself but i had some grafts that did not scab at all so im unsure you can count or guess on grafts in all cases. Now post op my coverage looks good as i too thought not much grafts due to scab count. The transplanted hair is growing slow n finer than other hair, however i await the shedding.

Hopefully some real Veterans will comment on this as i do feel sorry for you if it does not meet your expectations.

Hi rock rock rock. if you click "Todays Post" at the middle-up, you can see what people post. Then you can read and write. I hope that you are not more suspicious. I have been accused not being a patient of Dr Hakan.

Also, forum admin added Patients Experiences under this link:

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

The first one is mine. Stay in peace

Hi rock rock rock. if you click "Todays Post" at the middle-up, you can see what people post. Then you can read and write. I hope that you are not more suspicious. I have been accused not being a patient of Dr Hakan.

I dont see you case on the link Lloyd?

I spoke to the doctor and let me say I mean no harm in my comments. My personal experience I thought could of been much better. But of course nothing goes as planned in life. I'm sure the doctor is producing good results and his pictures are real but there is room for improvement in terms of managing patients and expectations. That being said if you are thinking about doing a surgery with the doctor do your research, talk to as many people as possible then make a decision. This is What you should be doing for any doctor you are thinking about going too. All doctors in the world have positive and negative feedback and don't let recent negative feedback change your opinion on anyone. Look at the overall history and make your own judgment. Again do not let my personal opinion impact your decesion as a doctor should be evaluated on several points and I'm sure there are plenty of statsifed patients. I'm done posting on this issue. I will move on and have said what was on my mind. Take care everyone.

Yep now its working. I remember i have allready seen Them :)

You Got Any updates? How is things going with the hair?

It went well, I have update photos 18 months but iphone quality. I will post more pictures later.

IMG_1432.jpg.2d90624eb7351803882e66aab5d39d34.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg.ad827fbd12582e638f80d9a96964ad71.jpg

Guys,

Concerns about Dr. Doganay's clinic potentially using a number of false member profiles have recently come to our attention. At this time, we have identified a number of profiles sharing the same IP address as Dr. Doganay's account and have reached out to the clinic for an explanation. We will keep you updated on this as we obtain further information.

Having said that, we are confident in Dr. Doganay's skill in delivering consistently excellent results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guys,

Concerns about Dr. Doganay's clinic potentially using a number of false member profiles have recently come to our attention. At this time, we have identified a number of profiles sharing the same IP address as Dr. Doganay's account and have reached out to the clinic for an explanation. We will keep you updated on this as we obtain further information.

Having said that, we are confident in Dr. Doganay's skill in delivering consistently excellent results.

Looking forward to hear what the clinic says

Hi Johnny

You spotted this a mile away well done. I cant see why they would do this as my surgery is excellent barring a little area in the donor area is patchy as i shave hair 1#, but it would be ok longer.

This is not acceptable and hopefully is not under handed as i was happy with everything n felt happy overall.

Credit to this site and i to await the outcome.

thanks 'lloyd' hehe!

Hello Everyone,

In response to questions raised in this thread, we have received a plausible explanation from Dr. Doganay's representative Ahmet regarding the sharing of IP addresses among a number of different accounts.

The account DrHakanDOGANAY is managed by two of Dr. Doganay's representatives as Dr. Doganay does not speak English. One of these is Ahmet who is currently based in the UK and the other is Mustafa who is based in the US. In addition to sharing clinic results, when questions are posed to the doctor, they will contact him, translate his response and post it on his behalf using that account.

Lloyd is one of Mustafa's office mates and is a former patient of Dr. Doganay. Thus, they often share the same IP.

The accounts; Saaed, Sariz, JohnLondon and Azura belong to other roommates and office mates of Mustafa and Ahmet. They have assured me that all the accounts belong to different people and all of the comments are their individual opinions and comments. None of these members are asked to post by the clinic.

Azura's job is to notify the clinic if any former patients are expressing concerns about their procedure so they can contact the patient and address these concerns but he is not encouraged to post comments. I have reminded them that Azura must provide a disclosure in his signature stating that he is employed by the clinic.

I do not believe that there was any intention to deceive on the part of Dr. Doganay or his staff. I've made some suggestions as to how they can avoid this confusion in the future and also suggested that they respond publicly to any questions or comments that may arise.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Dear David,

Thanks for the clarification and thanks to everyone for the comments.

Ahmet (in the UK) and Mustafa ( in the USA) are graduate students. Few people (from their departments or housemate) heard about the forum and they opened accounts.

David! Sorry that we were not clear about the Azura's situation. We follow our patients' process after the operation. But just in case Ahmet asked Azura to let him know if Azura sees any former patient who has concerns about the operation that the clinic can contact and answer the patient's questions and concerns.

All of the comments and questions are their individual opinions and questions.

Thanks again for the clarification and the comments.

Edited by DrHakanDOGANAY

Hi all, I am brand spanking new to this forum, and only joined because I have been seriously considering seeing Dr Doganay for HT. All I can say is regardless of the explanation given, I am now really concerned. I think transparency is very important, especially in this arena so I am again now in two minds about everything.

Can I ask if I have understood something correctly - do Physicians have to pay to be on this site? Is that correct?

Hi Supasquad

Im post op 3 weeks today and i am very satisfied with my surgery of 2400 fue grafts. I can understand this has caused concerns as it would of for me, however ive been there and done it no regrets.

Hope you find the answers to put your mind at rest.

supasquad,

Welcome! Your are correct. It is public knowledge that recommended physicians pay a sponsorship fee that helps to pay the high costs of maintaining a community like this. Rather than rewriting something that has been shared on our forum several times already, here is a quote from another discussion by our Managing Publisher Bill.

[quote name=Bill - Managing Publisher;2343546

This community prescreens and recommends doctors based on a set of high standards that are publicly listed on our website. We've also written and published our process for recommending physicians on our discussion forum. See "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons".

If anything' date=' the process and criteria for recommending hair transplant surgeons have gotten more strict over the years. And while we may approve new physicians for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network and membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians if this community feels they're doing top notch work, we also regularly turn down dozens of physicians privately who we feel do not meet our demanding standards.

Before being invited to present examples of their work on this forum in consideration for potential recommendation, physicians must undergo private prescreening. Thus, I'm often in touch with prospective physicians for months or even years before they're presented on this community. Recently, many of the behind the scenes processes have come to fruition with several surgeons which is why you're seeing more physicians being presented for potential inclusion.

Once physicians present enough examples of their work and results on ths forum, we create a new forum topic to garner input from our community. Members are then invited to weigh in on each physician we're considering for recommendation. Additionally, physicians currently recommended by our community are asked for their private and/or public feedback about the prospective physician.

We present very specific details about each physician we present for potential recommendation which includes information regarding their experience, skill, technique and tools. Furthermore, if a physician is approved for recommendation and/or Coalition membership, this information is added to their profile on the Hair Transplant Network and/or Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center.

In several cases, we've received private and/or public genuine and specific feedback against a particular doctor's inclusion and a particular doctor was not approved for recommendation. Furthermore, many physicians never make it as far as the public prescreening process and their application for membership is privately rejected.

The fact that physicians approved for recommendation pay a sponsorship fee to support this patient based community is no secret and is referenced on our physician selection standards page. However, just like a top notch university only admits the brightest students based on their grades, GPA and other criteria, this community only recommends those doctors with a proven ability to perform world class hair transplants with excellent results. Likewise, students who choose to enroll in a top notch university pay a tuition to keep the educational institution running just as physicians who we recommend choose to pay a sponsorship fee to help with the costs of maintaining this community. Sponsorship fees equal approximately the cost of one moderately sized hair transplant per year.

This community is always on the lookout for highly skilled and ethical surgeons to recommend, which at the end of the day, benefits everyone. This large and popular community freely provides hair loss sufferers with a venue to share their genuine opinions and experiences. We recommend only surgeons who have met our high standards and are regularly producing excellent results. And this community continues to operate thanks to those we invite to sponsor it.

I hope this helps address your questions and concerns.

Best wishes,

Bill

OK, so I am going to tread very carefully here, and I would really like to emphasise that I am by no means making any personal attacks in the below passages. I am however thinking out loud and sharing my thoughts as a new member to this forum, in the hope that all members might benefit from the discussion that it may manifest. Also, while this does relate to Dr Doganay as he is the HT Physician I was considering, if I go too far off topic, please feel free to move the post as required.

I will start by saying that I am an Australian Lawyer. I dont make that statement to toot my own horn, I say it rather to convey that I tend to think about most things in a legal manner. It has become second nature to me and unfortunately its just how I see the world. In relation to Dr Doganay and the issues with reviews from shared IP addresses, I am less than satisfied with the explanation tendered. Not on the basis that I doubt the explanation given, but on the basis that more care should be taken by all practitioners to ensure such situations simple do not occur. If Dr Doganay was aware that this was taking place, with valid reason, why was it not declared at the outset. This would maintain transparency and only enhance the validity of such posts. I would like to give the following example. My cousin in Australia is a cosmetic surgeon (unfortunately he does not perform HT) and I recently had a liposuction procedure done at his clinic. I am incredibly happy with the results and as such I wanted to leave a glowing review of his work, both on his website, and on a local forum. Before I did so I called him to discuss it. He immediately told me not to do so as our family relationship may cause doubt in the mind of any potential clients and he did not wish to jeopardise his standing in the industry. My cousin and I both have different Surnames, we look nothing alike, we do not share an IP address, and for all intents and purposes there is very little likelihood that it would have been uncovered, however on reflection I see that he was absolutely correct to make the decision he did and advise against it.

The hair loss, and restoration industry is unfortunately one that has always been dogged by unethical, unscrupulous and at times down right criminal actions. From miracle creams, to hair in a can, to laser treatments, to HT - all have suffered from the actions of less than ethical operators. Again I wish to stress at this point I am not saying that anyone on this forum or more to the point in this thread is guilty of this, but rather, given the checkered history of the industry, everyone who operates within it should keep in mind that it is one that has and always will live under a cloud of doubt. In which case it is imperative that Practitioners do nothing whatsoever to further strengthen that doubt, especially Practitioners who are endorsed by this network/forum.

This brings me to my next point, the monetary contribution of HT Physicians, especially those endorsed by the network. Again I lean on my legal background in relation to this. I think it is a very slipper slope, and one that requires the utmost transparency and disclosure. I for one will admit that I have long viewed the forum and its threads and only recently joined as a member. In all the years that I have viewed it, I was never aware that any contributions were made by Physicians. I take responsibility for the fact that I did not conduct due diligence in this regard, however it was simply not something that I assumed would occur. Given that it does I will state the following – in a legal context, once a financial relationship exists between any two entities, the relationship changes. A fiduciary responsibility is created between the two parties, and aspects of impartiality are lost. I accept as stated that there are costs involved in maintaining the forum, and that these costs are supported by Physician contributions, however I would ask, given that this is touted as community forum, almost to be considered as a “not for profit” organization, are there records of contributions made and costs incurred and if so are these records/statistics available to forum members? Are there surplus funds and if so, where and how are they distributed? Do moderators and/or Senior Members receive any remuneration for services and if so how much?

I think the entire integrity of the forum rests on the answers to the above questions. And once again, please take these as genuine questions, not accusations. I think of it this way, if a client came to me, and said he was about to undergo a life changing medical procedure and he had chosen his Physician on the basis of an online forum recommendation or endorsement, what would I advise him? What questions would I have? All of the above come to mind.

Furthermore I would like to say that broadly, once a monetary contribution is made by a physician, any post that the physician makes on the forum from that point on becomes an Advertisement, and any support given to such posts by a moderator or senior members who receive any financial remuneration must also be seen as Advertisements, as the monetary transaction (or fiduciary relationship in legal terms) extinguishes any impartiality, whether it exists or not.

I would like to finish by saying that I have enjoyed following this forum, and I will continue to do so. However I think discussion about the matters I have outlined can only strengthen the credibility of such a forum, and aide to remove doubt and uncertainty from already weary constituents. We are in the end all here for one reason, and that is the shiny spots on our heads which used to be less so. I hope this is all taken in the spirit that it is written as I do not wish to unduly criticize anybody, but rather alleviate my own concerns.

Kind Regards

Alex