finasterid and frontal hair

lessthanme

because I read a study that claims it is effectiveness in the hairline..

**outside link removed by moderator**

Propecia Rogaine Finasteride Results Before and After Photos | Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

have someone had success in frontal area ?

I'm talking about benefits in receding hairline not the temple where the progression of hair loss could be physiologic and don't caused by dht but by testosterone

In this forum a lot of people wrote they had beneficial

**outside link removed by moderator**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Less,

While the outside link to Dr. Bernstein's website is okay, please refrain some sharing links to other websites.

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

What do you guys think of the head and shoulders thickening tonic, for post transplant? I'm two weeks post transplant, had surgery with dr. Deyarman on April 1st. Not sure if this product will help, or damage the transplants.

can finasteride propecia makes hair stronger and perceive improvements on the frontal hair?

you'd actually have to try it for a year to see if it works or not, Fin affects everyone differently

it is primarily for the vertex and crown but some people may see benefits in the hairline

also some people say Fin accelerates their hairloss especially in the front

no one can answer this question for you, individual response varies

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I attaccked a link about a research removed by the moderator that claims the effectiveness of fina in frontal hair.

I look for information in google and a lot of people wrote about the thickness of hair and better quality.

What have you experienced?

ive been on both propecia and rogaine foam, a little more then a year now, my front third had only a few hairs in the front center hairline. hairloss has slowed down to a snails pace ,hair overall has improved, new hairs have grown in crown , thin hairs, they haven't turned into terminal hair , don't know if they will, but ive had more growth in front third ,not enough to show a wow result , but that's not expected from meds only, but there is a difference, im happy with what the meds have done, considering I started on meds when I was 42.im nw5a ,

I'm trying to tell you, it doesn't matter what I or others have experienced.

Each person reacts differently to Fin, and the only way you can tell for your individual case is to try for a year.

Some do great while others shed a lot and lose ground.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

for some yes, for others no

I wouldn't put a lot of money on Fin restoring your hairline or very front, though it could happen.

go dense or go home

Finasteride will help all DHT affected hair regardless of where it is located.

Unfortunately if you are programmed to lose hair at the front first then that's where it is going to recede first.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...
Finasteride will help all DHT affected hair regardless of where it is located.

Unfortunately if you are programmed to lose hair at the front first then that's where it is going to recede first.

good point genetics dictate