Europes top 3 Vs the rest of Europe

Jimbo34

Guys

I have been looking at further reviews on the various surgeons around Europe with Lorenzo, Bisanga & Ferundini (sorry probably spelt incorrectly) coming out on top.

Is there really a big difference between the top 3 (who's pricing structures are very similar per graft) compared to the likes of Doganay and Erdogan who are significantly cheaper (like a third of the price)??

I have already had a consultation with Lorenzo who has suggested I need approx 6000 graphs over 2 procedures.

Bottom line is that I want the best possible results. But I want to ensure that paying high end costs for a top surgeon is the right thing to do..

Appreciate your views

Bottom line is that I want the best possible results.

It really comes down to what you think of their results. You see things differently than everyone else. But in my opinion the three you mentioned, especially Lorenzo and Feriduni, produce noticeably better results than Doganay and Erdogan and if getting the best result is your main goal then you should definitely go with one of them.

Thanks for the response Rootz.

I guess what I am trying to weigh up and justify is by possibly going with one of the top Turkish surgeons for 60%-70% less in terms of cost than Lorenzo etc am I really going to see much difference in terms of results/quality.

I am also struggling to understand why the significant cost difference especially as they all use very similar FUE procedures.

None of us want to throw money away and I want to ensure I spend mine wisely

If you haven't already you should invest a lot of time researching all pictures and experiences you can find online regarding those doctors. Check their website, search every hairloss site, google their names for forums posts and blogs, search youtube, etc. Look at and read everything you can. After a while you should be able to distinguish the results from the different doctors. At that point, order the doctors in terms of who you like the most.

Then repeat this entire process several more times over the course of weeks/months, let the information really soak in :)

Then hopefully you should have a better idea of what's worth it.

Lorenzo is hands down the best FUE surgeon in the world. That said, his prices also reflect that title. Bisanga and Feriduni are also incredible, and less expensive than Lorenzo. Erdogan and Doganay produce indredible results and are also significantly less expensive. If your budget allows it, go Lorenzo, if it doesn't, go for one of the others. If you are a person on an average person's income, your best choice will be Doganay or Erdogan. They are, in my opinion, just as good as the Belgian doctors.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

dude believe me when i tell you this,erdogan and doganay are just as good as the other mentionned surgeons,it's just that some have better pr and publicity agents than others.they only show the successes,never the failures.but all of them have failures.

dude believe me when i tell you this,erdogan and doganay are just as good as the other mentionned surgeons,it's just that some have better pr and publicity agents than others.they only show the successes,never the failures.but all of them have failures.

I think while there is some truth here about showcasing particular results, at the same time because the stuff showcased by Erdogan and Doganay are not quite as good as Lorenzo's it stands to reason they just don't produce the same caliber of results.

Its far from an exact science on who is the best, but on the results i have personally seen, I would agree Lorenzo is the best Fue surgeon in the world. His overall coverage and crown work is spectacular and he is expensive, but he practically does all the work himself, whereas Feriduni and Erdogan only do the incisions themselves. If I had the money, I would go for Lorenzo.

Erdogan's results are very impressive, and for me he represents the best bang for your buck as far as manual FUE is concerned.

Bisanga does the extractions and incisions himself and is slightly cheaper than Feriduni and his results are just as impressive.

Doganay is good, but motorised extraction put me off (he does manual fue but there are no documented results) and he does not yet have the same volume of impressive results as the doctors mentioned above.

In order of preference therefore I have Lorenzo top, Bisanga, Feriduni and Erdogan tied for second (I cant seperate them) and Doganay third.

I always tend to be towards Turkish surgeons due to the good price and high quality especially with great doctors like Hakan Doganay and Koray Erdogan. However I cant deny this, if I had enough budget and finance then Dr. Lorenzo will be my number 1 choice. His work and video results are credible and consistent. Basically he is the King of FUE :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I always tend to be towards Turkish surgeons due to the good price and high quality especially with great doctors like Hakan Doganay and Koray Erdogan. However I cant deny this, if I had enough budget and finance then Dr. Lorenzo will be my number 1 choice. His work and video results are credible and consistent. Basically he is the King of FUE :D

It seems like Lorenzo's yield is practically 100%. His FUE results are better than top FUT doctors.

Agreed if I had a bankroll to go to Loenzo I would never think otherwise, since that may not be a reality it either Erdogan or Maras on the outside, and hopefully one day we see more and more Dogonay results... Either way Europe/Mediterranean is the only place I would go to... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You only live once...

Agreed if I had a bankroll to go to Loenzo I would never think otherwise, since that may not be a reality it either Erdogan or Maras on the outside, and hopefully one day we see more and more Dogonay results... Either way Europe/Mediterranean is the only place I would go to... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Arrie, just curious to ask. If you were in between Erdogan and Maras, who would you choose? Who do you think got better results as both practice manual FUE :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Arrie, just curious to ask. If you were in between Erdogan and Maras, who would you choose? Who do you think got better results as both practice manual FUE :-)

Harriri,

Great and tricky question as I have been going back and forth for months on this... Let me first off say this is my opinion and in no way shape or form pass any of my thoughts as facts.

Scar Repair

Scar repair revision whatever you want to call it, I would have to say Dr. Maras has more examples and experience in doing FUE in the complete scar than Dr. Erdogan. I have seen a few patients that Dr. Erdogan has only done the sides of a FUSS scar, and they have turned out good. I have seen Dr. Erdogan also help a burn patient with a huge scar and had successful growth. But Dr. Maras has more examples of classic FUSS scars that he transplanted FUE into and made them "disappear". (MARAS)

Yield

As far as yield it seems that they are both reaching amazing levels of yield with their manual extraction techniques so I would call that a draw. (EQUAL)

Philosophies

As far as the Drs and clinics philosophies I would say Dr. Erdogan is slightly more aggressive than Dr. Maras. With that being said, I do not think that is necessarily bad, but with hair loss we all know how unpredictable it can be. I like Dr. Maras's lets take it a little slower and see where you may go approach, and get the "biggest bang for you buck". With Dr. Erdogan, he seems to have the laser that aligns a custom hairline on each patient, I myself tend to think Dr. Erdogan has similar hairlines on many of his patients. Once again I think Dr. Erdogan has some of the best and softest hairlines in the world, but sometimes I wonder if it would be a little too aggressive for someone like me (advanced loss less than average donor). I think Dr. Maras's less aggressive nature is shown in his hairline designs as he may go with a little more conservative approach. Dr. Erdogan does not do BHT at this time, Dr. Maras does ( I do not think I would ever use my beard or body hair, personal preference). But where Dr. Erdogan wins me here is FUE ONLY..... If Dr. Erdogan was a combo surgeon like Dr. Maras I would give the philosophy edge to Dr. Maras, but thats not reality. I know the pros and cons of both and I will not make this thread a debate but for me I will only be going FUE from here on out and I really want a Dr. that only performs FUE... (ERDOGAN)

Bodies of Work (Internet)

As far as results and exapmles of their body of work, both Dr.s have many examples on the net but Dr. Erdogan has more than Dr. Maras. Dr. Erdogan is very popular on other Italian and Spanish forums as well as this one. This seriously is the only thing an overseas patient can go by, because either of these Dr.'s would require an eight hour flight for me. (ERDOGAN)

Clinic Communication

Clinic communication is a big one Dr. Erdogan was seriously lacking and falling behind before. At firts it would take me weeks to hear a response from the clinic but after bothering Denny his rep on here they quickly addressed that issue and have been great with response times. Dr. Mara's clinic was excellent from the start and Alex was and is a great guy to talk to and chat back and forth with. I would say Dr. Erdogans email and responses had a little more of a bigger company feel and at times had me question if they were replying back to the correct patient. There were a few times I questioned Dr. Erdogans repsonse and to my relief the clinic and doctor worked with me as the patient and we "met in the middle" so to speak. I would say that Dr. Erdogans clinic did ask for more information and pictures after I questioned some of the clinics emails. This was actually a relief knowing that they are willing to work with a patient and make both parties happy. With Dr. Maras I would say it was a lot more of a "one on one" feeling with the Dr. and patient. They responded back with precisely what I as the patient asked for and even at times asked for more information or pictures. Honestly I would say this has to go to Dr. Maras (MARAS)

ETHICS

For me this is simple they are both ethical doctors. Like I said the only thing I had reservation on is the more aggressive approach by Dr. Erdogan, but I think HE IS an ethical doctor (EQUAL)

So you see my friend Harrir, this is where my problem is right know I pretty much would have them tied, but if I had to lean one way or another I would say ERDOGAN. It is not my final decision, but right now I may go that way if Dr. Erdogan is willing to be flexible with my plan of attack. I want to go conservative and do smaller sessions for multiple reasons. Oh just FYI I have been in contact with both clinics for the last 3-4 months, I have not made my final decision... :confused::P:confused::P:confused::P

Edited by Arrie

You only live once...

Jimbo I think if you need 6,000 grafts then Dr. Lorenzo is the best choice (if you can afford him). I am biased as I went to Dr. Lorenzo and had a great experience. I will tell you that my final two choices were Feriduni and Lorenzo and it was a really hard choice. I do like Feriduni's hairline's and if that was all I needed then maybe I would have gone to him. I needed 3,500 grafts which Lorenzo knocked out over two days and did both my crown and hairline. Considering the down time and hair shaving involved I didn't want to do two procedures with Feriduni. At 6,000 I believe you may need 3 procedures with Feriduni, but I could be wrong - you definitely should investigate. The value in only having to go twice vs. three times would be very high for me. Also, I will say that I had a quick discussion with him about other FUE surgeons and I wouldn't hold him to this but the impression I got was he thought Erdogan and Bisanga were the next best choices. If your budget won't allow Lorenzo I'm not sure BIsanga is an option at 6,000 so you may have to consider Erdogan. Hope that helps.

i will be emailing dr Lorenzo this weekend to have him review my case.

dr Lorenzo has shown excellent examples of his ability to repair scars and and bad work.

I will be trying to set up my repair surgery for 4-5 months from now and I will be documenting/creating a thread for all of you to see, because I will need support and guidance.

thanks