Opinions PLEASE! Thinning under the strip scar

Hey guys

ever since i had my strip surgery i have been loosing/shedding/thinning hair under my strip scar incision. What could be goinng on here? im extreemely worried, im 9 months post op and there seems to be no signs of recovery quite yet.

Im going to get my strip scar grafted into soon. but i am way more concerened about whats going on under my strrip scar, more so than the scar itself!

I recently consulted with my doc 2 days ago and the doc examined the area under the scar and did say it was a "little thin" but this a downright LIE! its almost bald in some areas....im so frustrated/stressed/depressed about this whole situation!

any opinions on what could be going on here, and do you guys think theres a chance that the hair will go back to its natrual diamater/density?

all replys are greatly appreciated

Edited by aaron602
grammar

launch?.rand=frq8rcmuc4c59#

https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f126338%5fANvSimIAAASWUuspugAAAJLg58w&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f126338%5fANvSimIAAASWUuspugAAAJLg58w&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

sorry guys tose are the best picturees i have at the moment, i will work on geting better quality pictures soon, and i will figure out how to enlarge them. these pictures are at the 7 monnth mark and im at month 9. the thinning has not chnaged and im still shedding under my strip scar.im very worried and only 20 years of age. i feel like my life is over. io hope the thinnin ggoes back to normal i really hope.

Edited by aaron602
adding words

Hi Aaron,

Like Since said, the links aren't working. As soon as you're able to get some images up, we will try and offer some helpful advice. Let me know if you need help with the pictures.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Im 20 years old and i just recently had a FAILED FUT that could have not gone any worse, my strip scar strecthed even though i babied the scar. I am what appears to be thinning under the donor scar and im suffering from shock loss still even at 9 months post op. I got very minimal coverage on top and ended up going up on the NW scale due to the trauma of the HT. I feel my doc was only in it for money, i was only 19 at the day of the surgery. My scalp still feels tight and there are areas where im sore. The hair direction under the scar has changed.

this isnt my only issue in life, but wow a failed HT with this disfiguring scar and terrible coverage on top is among the worst pain/depression i ever felt, i cant even explain.

Im seriously considering suicide, i have no plans but i do know that in oregon they offer euthinization for young adults.

i CANT TAKE it anymore. This is not an image issue, this is a heart broken dysfunctional problem im dealing with following this terrible ht.

GOD help me, please i just want this nightmare to end. I cry multiple times a day, and before my failed FUT even though i was a 9 out of 10 on the depression scale i never cried, but now there isnt a day i dont wake up heartbroken and shortly usually after i get out of bed i tear up unconciously. Please any members who can help me and guide me through this HT situation and help me get fixed, please dont be shy. YOU COULD SAVVE MY LIFE! PLEASE! im tearing up just typing this.please dont be afraid to reach out to me.

i have 1 foot over the edge, and im sowly moving the other foot in the same direction, if you know what im trying to say. This is my last hope to get myself repaired, but idk if i can make it there, i will try, but i cant be forsure about it, im not scared of death anymore, i prefer it and i think about it eevryday, please anyone to help me you will be saving my life.

Many sincere veteran forum members have been here to help you with all of your posts so far on this same subject, I think you have a lot of people trying to help you, so that should mean a lot and you should take strength from that.

You are not alone

Reach out to them via PM or on your previous posts if you need further help or clarification.

Hang in there and find a positive solution to get over this hurdle in your life

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

i try hrsp, i really do i try to hang in there, but im coming down to the end, i am, im coming out with complete honesty, im at a do or die situation, i have pmed a few and im awaiting some replys.

don't be afraid to dream big, dream about something you'd love to do after you get repaired

then get repaired and live your dream!

the repair vets on this forum will help you

they've been in the same situation as you and have successfully over come it

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

i actually saw my strip doctor after avoidong her like she was the devil a few days ago,

it was a short follow up apoointment not even 10mins long

she said that i had what looked like "normal density" in my problem areas, and this COMPLETE BS, im clearly either still having bad shock loss or its a complication of her surgical technique.

i brought my mom with me, who also agrees that my problem areas below the scar are thin and lack normal density/

my strip surgeon proceeded to just repeat that it looked fine to her.(its no where near fine, and its blatantly obvious)

then she just got up and basically told us to leave with out saying it.

she was completely useless, now im going to set up consults with honest fue doc that will give me an honesst consult unlike her misinformation that made me trust her that fut would be better for me than fue(even though i said i wanted fue and that i thought fue would be better)

thanks for your reply hrsp like i say they are greatly appreciated

i do dream big, all the time actually, but the scary part is, thta i feel like some of the coomplications from my last surgery cant get fixed, and this foils all dreams and makes me think otherwise, i cant explain how close i am, to leaving this life

I see thinning on the left side of the donor. The middle of the donor looks to be just scar tissue from the photos? I don't have a reason for the thinning... Could be shockloss from the cut in blood supply from the strip but that should have returned after 5-6 months.

It's not difficult to guess who the surgeon was. Without knowing any circumstances I feel you were just too young to get this done now.

18 months is the golden rule to allow things to recover so all you can do is not stress about it and wait. You're halfway there. No competent surgeon is going to agree to FUE into a scar until this time has passed.

I'm at 7.25 months and still have a bit of shock loss around my scar. One side is slightly better than the other.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It's not difficult to guess who the surgeon was. Without knowing any circumstances I feel you were just too young to get this done now.

18 months is the golden rule to allow things to recover so all you can do is not stress about it and wait. You're halfway there. No competent surgeon is going to agree to FUE into a scar until this time has passed.

I'm at 7.25 months and still have a bit of shock loss around my scar. One side is slightly better than the other.

A couple of prominent FUE surgeons accepted to fill in my scar when I was looking for a repair about 10 months post-operative. One actually encouraged the practice saying the earlier the better, something to do with the scar tissue's structure or blood supply(my memory is quite hazy). I do agree that the OP should wait however. I was hasty in my attempts to fix my scar but here I am today, still un-repaired but happy in my life regardless. Sadly, I think this scar will need alot of FUE grafts in it to convincingly disguise it...

To Matt's point, I'm four-and-a-half months out and at 2 months had shock loss worse than your photos suggest to one area of my donor scar. At first I panicked, but then I educated myself and eventually stopped obsessing about it. I didn't check it for about another month and when I did, it looked like it filled in somewhat although I can still feel that it is thin around that area.

They don't call this a journey for nothing. Every time something has come up for me - shock loss, acne, sensations or lack thereof, etc. - I either did a google search or contacted my surgeon and it's got me through. Most of what you experience others have as well and there are threads on them on various forums.

You've already contacted your surgeon - perhaps she perceives you as a worrier and doesn't want to make you more anxious. Your surgeon should be a voice of calm and reason. They've seen everything. You've sought advice on here. I'd also suggest you do a google search and find others who have experienced the same thing. You'll see you're not alone.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

thanks for your honest replys guys

idk what to do

if i should get a scar revision from smg or dr hasson, or dr feller, or even dr koinor

anyone have a reccomendation of a strip surgeon with the best donor closure?

i want to do fue into the scar but i feel like id be wasting too many fues into my wide scar that could be used up top.

the smaller the scar the more success ill have camoflauging and the more hair ill still have for a repair on top

but im scared of a wider scar...im in a rut right now with this decision with a revision or a fue

i dont want to further shock out/TE my donor area.

i hate my result on top, i realize its still early but..even my surgeon said "i like the way you wear your hair, its a justin bieber look"......even though before i entered her office i combed my hair sraight down to show the terrible results on top,

i feel like my life is over to be honest, and also if i was a canidate to be euthinized id go in a second

i feel like my life is over to be honest, and also if i was a canidate to be euthinized id go in a second

I know you are in a bad place at the moment man, but you have to snap out of it. I have been where you have but let me tell you, your life is far from over. You are 20 years of age living in a developed country. Depression often magnifies the flaws in our lives and makes them seem like the only things that exist. That is why I recommend you treat the core issue itself which could be your self-image concerns. Yes the scar is a problem, but I don't think the way you are feeling right now will be totally eradicated if you attempt to fix it. I had a stretched scar and a bad yield and went into a depression, but I resolved the core issue and now I am unrepaired but happy in life. Yes, we made mistakes and yes, our surgeons were unethical for not informing us of all the possible complications. We took a gamble and lost. It happens. Please don't feel like your life is over man...

FUE2014,

I do not believe Aaron said the physician was a recommended doctor.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looks like shock to me. Mine returned at around 6 months. Then for some reason the hairs were darker around the scar. But everything settled at around 12 months i guess.

Compared to mine, I would say it's shock but most likely stretch. Definitively something going on though. Who is your doc?

A last resort could be FUE in the scar and then buzz it all short.. Not ideal, but better than thinning with a visabale scar.

I feel for you mate. No loved ones who could loan you money for a trip to Europe?Turkey for some good FUE repair?

Aaron,

A few things:

1. I just merged your two thread so it is easier for member to read your posts and offer helpful advice.

2. After merging the threads, I saw your comments about depression and suicide. While I understand that you are in a very emotional place right now, these comments are concerning. If you do have any thoughts about hurting yourself or feel like you are severely depressed, I highly recommend seeking the counsel of a mental health professional. Obviously we are here to help guide you in the right direction with regard to your hair loss, but issues of depression and feelings of doing something serious should always be evaluated by a trained professional. Do you have someone you can talk to about these issues? Are you serious about these comments? I understand fixing this situation will help greatly, but I simply want to make sure you are healthy and safe in the meantime.

3. It does appear as if you are suffering from some shock loss in the donor region. Normally, temporary shock loss resolves by month 5 (sometimes month 6), but it does depend on when it occurred. Do you remember when you first noticed the donor thinning?

Please remember that this can be fixed. We are all here to help and make sure you receive the assistance you need (with regard to the hair loss). Please send me a private message if you would like to discuss any of this out of public view.

well my goal is to get fue up top to my frontal third and fue into scar, i have enough grafts for both... only have loss in my frontal third.

to future ht doc---its not possible for me to get euthinized so im not seriouss....