At what point do you call it a failure

Then again you can choose a surgeon who will only have you on the schedule that day and will devote his expertise and time to you throughout the entirety of the procedure. You may have to pay more up front for such an approach but in retrospect would it not have been worth it?

Hi

It wasn't the actual surgeon who was rushing around, he only did the placing of the grafts, with the implanter the place and incisions are done at the same time.

It was more his partner and the techs.

I will say they have been very good with responses and they have obviously offered a refund, but as you say I'm not fussed about the money... I wanted more hair.

Haiwreare - I would of thought all leading clinics would / should only operate on 1 patient per day. I'm not saying they are not, but I got the distinct impression they are, as some of the techs were being transported to different places as they use a few different clinics to do the work. I was in the car with them at the time and also when they were picking up and dropping off other patients.

I will confirm they have been good really for the after care, but I'm just not happy about the result and that's ultimately how you judge.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

The information that you just provided that "techs were being transported to different locations" makes me very reticent to advise anyone to go to such facility. How is one to know whether the "best" techs are assigned to your case as opposed to another? I am not knocking techs as I work with them myself and there are some who are quite skilled. But I have also noted over many years and procedures that their skills and motivation can vary considerably and thus when choosing a clinic or doctor consistency of results will also vary to the degree that the physician is dependent of his techs.

Hi Guys,

Some of the comments about "transporting technicians," performing multiple FUE procedures per day, and the doctor being involved with placement only are a bit concerning. I'm contacting Dr. Doganay and asking him for a reply. Hopefully, he will clarify. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sorry buzz to hear about your bad result .

You got a refund but it's still won't replace lost grafts.

Did you have any growth at all? Or have you any recipient pics?

Do they use motorised fue?

I'm of the opinion there's a lot more unsuccessful results than we ever see online.

With the advent if cheap procedures in turkey I hope it's not a trend that's going to start but I do fear.

Best of luck anyway and hope dr safai can get you where you want to be.

"""""I do feel bad as the clinic did ask me not to say anything and I have gone back on my word, however, I am just so angry and this has affected me in a big way psychologically and I just want to warn any potential patients.

Obviously they must have something to be recommended on here, but may be I & those I have talked to could just of been unlucky. However, I cant help bust notice most of their good results appear to come from the clinic themselves, rather than patients directly."""""

That is also disconcerting for me, the "don't say anything!" I mean i understand that noone gets it right all the time but this thing with i give you a refund and don't say anything means we will never know of the bad cases. I am not referring to this clinic only cause its obvious from other threads that this is happening a lot and usually the patient comes out only if he doesn't get the refund.

I mean how can this be addressed? Cause if it doesn't we will only always know half the truth. I think Future HT Doc should also ask them a response on this as well! asking patients not to share information doesn't sit well with me!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Blake, did you happen to get a response from Dr.Doganay regarding these concerns? I am seriously considering him for a procedure but some of the threads recently have been concerning with not so good results and the fact that they are rushing procedures too quickly

• 3 weeks later...

I concidered Dr Doganay for a long time, and almost booked a proceedure after the recommandation here... However, I felt they posted alot of results, but none of them was from forum poster here. And the results that have been posted the for last 6-8 months regarding Doganay have not been impressive.

I also tried to contact some of the "promoters" of Doganay by private message, but they never replied.

- the combination of both choi and micro motor says it all... not to recommend.