Scar Repair FUE Dr Jose Lorenzo Farjo

Peperoni

Hi Johnny .......

Thank you for your message and I do apologise for not updating sooner but there is not too much to see at this time. I am 2 1/2 months post my 2nd procedure and I am currently in the ugly duckling phase.

I had alot more shedding this time around and also I have been blighted with subaceous dermatitis which is proving tricky to get rid of. It is alot better than it was but still there is some residual infection in some of the follicles.

I would love to know how the scars are coming along but I cannot see much with my hair at its current length - so I will finally get to see how they worked out when I can buzz it down at the 5 or 6 month stage.

Once I can get some decent pictures together and my infection has cleared, I shall post them on here as a 3 month update.

Take good care ....

Pepe ....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Peperoni. Were you developing cysts in the donor or recipient area? Did you treat it with either systemic or topical antibiotics?

Following my FUE, I had some deep fluctuant cysts that reoccured near my old FUT scar where the beard grafts were placed. I only used warm moist compresses for 20mins 3-4 a day and the issue resolved without further treatment. Since they were so deep and tense I though at one point an incision and drainage would be necessary but fortunately the compresses resolved the problem and there has been no recurrence.

Edited by hairweare

Hi Johnny .......

Thank you for your message and I do apologise for not updating sooner but there is not too much to see at this time. I am 2 1/2 months post my 2nd procedure and I am currently in the ugly duckling phase.

I had alot more shedding this time around and also I have been blighted with subaceous dermatitis which is proving tricky to get rid of. It is alot better than it was but still there is some residual infection in some of the follicles.

I would love to know how the scars are coming along but I cannot see much with my hair at its current length - so I will finally get to see how they worked out when I can buzz it down at the 5 or 6 month stage.

Once I can get some decent pictures together and my infection has cleared, I shall post them on here as a 3 month update.

Take good care ....

Pepe ....

Allright buddy :)

Is it dr. Lorenzo that told you not to Cut the hair for 5 Month?

If yes, why is that?

Dr hakan told me that it was fine to trim Down after 1 month

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys ......

I apologise that I have not had much to report on for the last few months but I have let my hair just do its thing and let time gently roll by.

In answer to some questions I received (and no notification from the forum by email) I did have Sebaceous Dermatitis which was little yellow areas around the new hair follicles and tended to scab a little. Anyway, Dr Lorenzo flew me some Clobex treatment shampoo over from Spain as you cannot get it in the UK and everything cleared up.

With regards to cutting my hair, the 5 month mark was the time I could use clippers on my hair as advised by Dr Lorenzo, but after 3 months I am fine with scissors.

Anywhoo, I am now at the 5 months stage after my second procedure and having sent the pics to Dr Lorenzo for review, then I thought I would pop them up on here also. They are side by side comparisons of where I came from in March of 2014 (first procedure) to where I am now at the end of 2014 having had the second procedure in July.

I am dying to see what my scars look like but seem a long way from buzzing down my hair to have a look at the moment and the wifey is not great trying to multi-task with a comb and a camera.

I hope to see the hair thicken out some more as the shafts mature but dont feel that any new growth is left to come out. I am very pleased with the results and once I can find a suitable hairstyle to compliment the new growth I will be a happy bunny indeed !

Hairy New Year To All .....

Pepe ......

15RW20_12.14COMP1.jpg.0aee072610e851ea50ba768cdbea971a.jpg

15RW20_12.14COMP2.jpg.0791e4bcacaad848b4abb7583c2f0230.jpg

15RW20_12.14COMP3.jpg.e87de119d569ee55c734e589edd10e71.jpg

15RW20_12.14COMP4.jpg.f61e0ee6770fa4aad792c37284349b05.jpg

Thanks Guys ......

Yes I am thrilled with the progress so far and very happy with the transformation .....

Fue 2014 ... that is with 6000 Fue over two sessions with alot of work done to my scars on the back of my head too ...... I did not expect to get quite so much hair and so the idea of a buzz cut may seem like a daft idea now. We shall see,

Thanks for your kind words .....

Pepe .....

I believe so Fue ......

I dont think I could have found a finer surgeon to make the best of what I had ..... he is excellent during the procedure and afterwards. His aftercare has been great and answered all my emails really quickly !

Roll on 2015 .....

This type of repair case truly distinguishes the great from the average or poor doctors. Lorenzo and his team are truly great, and they change lives for the better. I can't imagine how much better you must feel about life now, Pepe.

Congratulations on a truly great result. :D

Thank you Hadenough ......

It seems a long time since I managed to feel hair all the way through the comb and actually have something worth styling. I feel better that the hair units have gone and life is so much simpler. Having to be always conscious of how your hair looked every time you went out is something I will not miss for sure.

Thank you for writing and have a truly great 2015 !

All the best ....

Pepe .....

Congratulations on a truly stellar result. Those new to the forum may find it hard to appreciate how challenging your situation was being a NW-6/7 repair case. The work that Lorenzo was doing in Manchester has set the gold standard for what can be achieved with FUE and should end the debate in regard to high transection rates, excessive scar tissue, decreased viability etc., attributed to FUE. Your case provides proof positive that in experienced hands, with stringent quality control and conservative split procedure protocols, what otherwise would be considered impossible can be achieved with the proper technique and plan.

My case was similar but not nearly as challenging as yours. I am now 6 week s/p the second procedure where a composite total of 2900 scalp grafts and 800 beard grafts were placed from front to crown including a single ear to ear old strip scar 8 months apart. I am hoping that my end result will also be similar to yours and have more reasons now to be optimistic.

Edited by hairweare

Hi Hairweare .....

Wow you are certainly more eloquent than me when summarising what has gone on. Yes, I kinda figured that my case was going to be quite problematic from my very first consulation with Dr Lorenzo and at one point was afraid that little could be done. But so far down the line now that I am completely amazed at what he has managed to accomplish.

I will be rooting for you and your end result and keeping my fingers crossed that you will be delighted as I am with the final result. Thanks for all your messages of support and encouragement ....

Have a great 2015 and keep on growing !

Pepe ....

• 3 weeks later...

Very dramatic improvement Pepe, and still early in the process. You deserve this excellent result. Really happy for you.

Thank you Mickey ....

That is really kind of you to take the time to write ...

I am not really experiencing any new growth at the 6 month (I dont believe) but hopefully the hair is thickening out now and maturing. Sadly, I missed my 5 month check up and a chance to look under the microscope as my wife had an accident and I had to look after her.

Interestingly I did lose a hair about a week with a little skin attached and it was only about 5 mm long so there may be something more happening that I cannot see or feel. July will be my final result I reckon so fingers crossed up until then.

Have a great day ....

Pepe ...

Sorry I missed the five month update. What a huge turnaround from your starting position and only five months so more to come in. So pleased for you and I can imagine how you must be feeling to have turned the corner on those dark days.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you Garageland ....

I will keep on updating up until my 12 month mark when hopefully my final result will be in.

It was very kind of you to write and I love how much support their is on this forum. I have had Private Messages and I am pleased to help others too .... I am amazed at how far I have come and I have chatted with some great people on here.

All the best sir !

Pepe ...

Hi pepe,

I have just read your thread from start to finish and I truly think it has been an amazing journey you have been on, your latest pictures look excellent.

I am my self on a journey with dr lorenzo after 3200 grafts in December and another 2500+ grafts with him this year, after looking through your pictures it really does inspire people like me to stay positive in the middle of the ugly duckling stage, thanks for posting pepe it is very helpful. Happy growing and look forward to your next update.

Pma

Hi Pma ......

Thank you for your kind words ..... I feel sure you will get a great result and you already have a treatment plan in place already. I like the way Dr Lorenzo sees the bigger picture and has a path marked out for his patients. I was not thrilled to hear I needed two sessions and would have preferred it all done in one but I now see the wisdom in his decision. Mine was a complicated case and we had no idea how bad my scar tissue would be to work with. But I am very pleased at where I am now considering what he had to work with in the first place.

Yes, sadly the ugly duckling phase is a little difficult to live through but when you turn the corner and growth/maturity of hairs starts to kick in you will be pleasantly surprised. In my case I hardly shed after my first procedure and growth seemed really great but that was due to the geography of the placement on that procedure. After my second procedure I shed alot on the top of my head and yet seemed top have less shock loss but still with good growth.Everybody is different and sadly there is no exact science on how each individual heals/grows after their procedure.

I think after 6 months now since my last procedure there is pretty much no new growth that I can feel - but hopefully the hairs are maturing and getting thicker.

Good luck pma and thank you for writing and I feel sure that you will see some great results as the months tick by ..... enjoy the journey sir !

Pepe ....

Hi Pma ......

Thank you for your kind words ..... I feel sure you will get a great result and you already have a treatment plan in place already. I like the way Dr Lorenzo sees the bigger picture and has a path marked out for his patients. I was not thrilled to hear I needed two sessions and would have preferred it all done in one but I now see the wisdom in his decision. Mine was a complicated case and we had no idea how bad my scar tissue would be to work with. But I am very pleased at where I am now considering what he had to work with in the first place.

Yes, sadly the ugly duckling phase is a little difficult to live through but when you turn the corner and growth/maturity of hairs starts to kick in you will be pleasantly surprised. In my case I hardly shed after my first procedure and growth seemed really great but that was due to the geography of the placement on that procedure. After my second procedure I shed alot on the top of my head and yet seemed top have less shock loss but still with good growth.Everybody is different and sadly there is no exact science on how each individual heals/grows after their procedure.

I think after 6 months now since my last procedure there is pretty much no new growth that I can feel - but hopefully the hairs are maturing and getting thicker.

Good luck pma and thank you for writing and I feel sure that you will see some great results as the months tick by ..... enjoy the journey sir !

Pepe ....

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! Lorenzo really is world class. He has turned your situation around completely!

Be happy man and enjoy your hair! You deserve it after all you have endured over the years!

Congrats

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Why Thank You Splitting Hairs

I certainly feel like I have come long way in the last 11 months or so. My life is completely different to how it was and I am thrilled with where I am now.

Dr Lorenzo has done a fine job in my eyes and I cant thank him enough.

Thank you for writing - it was a very kind thought !

Pepe ...