4000 FUE grafts with Dr. Maral

another

Hello

For me its been now 11 months since I had 4000 FUE grafts hair transplant with Dr. Maral in Istanbul.

First 4 pictures are taken just 2 weeks before the hair transplant and the rest of 14 are taken today.

2 weeks before the FUE

IMG-20130327-00516_zpsb4f93787.jpg

IMG-20130327-00510_zpsce80ffc1.jpg

IMG-20130327-00511_zpsada8ff48.jpg

IMG-20130327-00506_zpsb00273dc.jpg

11 Months post op FUE 4000 grafts

12_zps5e81eabe.jpg

13_zps41a60266.jpg

8_zpsabba7b56.jpg

7_zps554c27d9.jpg

6_zpse5b45cb9.jpg

5_zps826a435a.jpg

4_zps09bbdc09.jpg

3_zps68b7443f.jpg

11_zpsb3727c2e.jpg

2_zps3698d677.jpg

1_zps399fa0c0.jpg

10_zps4876b1de.jpg

9_zpsbfce8796.jpg

14_zps9ae88971.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 4K grafts I would expect a little better result. It's good that the hairline is thick, that implies a good graft survival rate, so the extraction method is solid, at least for single hair grafts. I guess the focus was to repair the hairline and the front view from horizontal angles with single hair grafts. To me the hairline looks a little too perfect, but not bad.

Has anything been transplanted on the top?

If there have been any bigger 2-4 hair grafts placed on top, I think they didn't survive.

I personally would not be pleased with this result... 4,000 grafts should have provided much better density...

What do you think went wrong? I've seen this happen even with top surgeons, that hair just doesn't grow enough, and it always seems to happen to the same hairloss pattern, and same hair texture from what I have seen. Any ideas on what is going on? Is it lack of taking hair loss meds while having aggressive MPB, therefore as HT hairs grow in, native hairs fall out, and you are back at square one even 12 months after your HT?

What do you think went wrong? I've seen this happen even with top surgeons, that hair just doesn't grow enough, and it always seems to happen to the same hairloss pattern, and same hair texture from what I have seen. Any ideas on what is going on? Is it lack of taking hair loss meds while having aggressive MPB, therefore as HT hairs grow in, native hairs fall out, and you are back at square one even 12 months after your HT?

I have not been impressed with Dr Maral's work on a whole so I'm tempted to put this down to surgeon/clinic error. Extracting grafts via FUE is not easy and it does take alot of skill and time to master. With the top clinics with bad results, I put it down to human error alot of the time. Physiology does play a part but ask yourself this; If the clinic blames physiology for a bad result, then why do they offer a repair procedure on the same patient? Physiology is a fixed factor. I do believe that even the top clinics have good and bad days. Maybe the techs are not as focused that day or had a late night the night before. Maybe the surgeon had something on his mind and was not totally on the job etc. I have seen top clinics produce a bad result, only to fix it up the second time around which does point to human error playing a big part on bad results, no matter who the surgeon is.

I think a surgeon is far better targeting a smaller area with 4000 grafts on higher Norwood patients

instead of trying to spread them over the entire surface area as coverage is just too light in my opinion. I have seen some recommended surgeons do it and I question their reasoning for it.

Another,

Dr Maras should have just tried to hit the frontal to midsection in one surgery and then target another area with a second surgery and possibly reinforce the first surgery if necessary. A transplanted crown alone can eat up a high percentage of a donor supply and look thin.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

If that was Dr Lorenzo you would pretty much have the illusion of a full head of hair by now.....problem is there is about $20,000 difference in price between him and Dr Maral for 4000 grafts....as with everything in life, you pretty much get what you pay for and hair transplants are no exception

Amazing! this doesn't look like 4000 graft at all sorry friend but your doctor didn't plant 4000 grafts. I really don't want to make you feel bad but this doesn't look good. For some reason all dr maral clients are excited first 7 months but the actual reality is this after 1 year.

Looks like no more than 50% grew? This is not the first time a Dr. Maral patient has posted this kind of poor result in this forum. But I understand his fees are very cheap and patients who cannot afford to pay more will still be attracted to surgeons like Dr. Maral. Good luck!

Hello all,

Thanks for your comments.

I appreciate everyone's honest opinion whether they are positive or negative.

Please note, it is not my intention to show my result in order to give a bad review about Dr. Maral.

I think my HT is not failed and as we can see there is a positive result. Of course I do notice that the result is not good enough with 4000 grafts but as we know every gene is different and there are so many factors from the patient's side also that can affect the final result.

I didn't go to Dr. Maral because of the cost but because some of my friends done HT with Maral Hair Klinik and their results were excellent. Based on the results I have seen and after doing further research I have decided to go with Dr. Maral.

I have paid 1800 Euros for my HT, my savings for HT was 5 times more.

I don't think I will go for second HT as I cannot be bothered with the constant reminder about the progress and after-care. Also not to forget thinning of the donor area.

I am 50% happy with my result, as said I was expecting better result with 4000 grafts.

You say the HT was a success and honestly that is all that matters, customer satisfaction. If you are happy then nothing else should matter. With $9000 saved up, maybe you should have gone to Dr Doganay or Dr Erdogan, but I understand that having friends that underwent successful HT's with Dr Maral influenced your choice, and that's perfectly understandable. Thanks for sharing your results by the way.

Thanks Jimmy

Yes for 50% it is success if this is the final result stage otherwise may be there is still chance for more growth.

I think the same thing could have happen with $9000 if it is the gene that rejects the grafts, its hard to know at this point.

Thanks Jimmy

Yes for 50% it is success if this is the final result stage otherwise may be there is still chance for more growth.

I think the same thing could have happen with $9000 if it is the gene that rejects the grafts, its hard to know at this point.

I fully understand your point of view and I agree with you.

The success of a hair transplant is not only the new hair rate, but also the patient's perception of himself/herself after a long enough period of time.

Some patients are going to be happy even with a objective mediocre result. Why? Because it will still be an improvement compared to before the HT.

Some patients will never be satisfied even if the surgery would be close to 100% success and they end up with a head full of hair. Why? Because they had different expectations which most of the times are the reflex of different inner issues, mostly psychological (appearence dysphoria).

I shall say you should always be realistic when about to undergo a HT surgery, because it will never give you back the density we had when we were way younger.

For 4k grafts, like you said I would be between 50% and 70% satisfied. Surely I would have something to comb and touch on my head, but I would personally plan a follow up surgery to attempt to cover the crown area.

Unfortunately, the crown area has one of the lowest success rates in the world of HTs and its not fully medical explained why.

But thank you kindly for sharing your experience with Dr. Maral.

There's been some bashing on him lately but I still believe we can appreciate this result.

Hello all,

Thanks for your comments.

I appreciate everyone's honest opinion whether they are positive or negative.

Please note, it is not my intention to show my result in order to give a bad review about Dr. Maral.

I think my HT is not failed and as we can see there is a positive result. Of course I do notice that the result is not good enough with 4000 grafts but as we know every gene is different and there are so many factors from the patient's side also that can affect the final result.

I didn't go to Dr. Maral because of the cost but because some of my friends done HT with Maral Hair Klinik and their results were excellent. Based on the results I have seen and after doing further research I have decided to go with Dr. Maral.

I have paid 1800 Euros for my HT, my savings for HT was 5 times more.

I don't think I will go for second HT as I cannot be bothered with the constant reminder about the progress and after-care. Also not to forget thinning of the donor area.

I am 50% happy with my result, as said I was expecting better result with 4000 grafts.

unfortunately you are not the only one with poor results from Maral Klinik. This is your first operation and your donor area looks very good and don't you think you should have get more than 50%? I can't believe this. 4000 grafts should have given you far better result friend. I think a surgen should be able to create a natural looking hairline and yours is not looking natural. If I had 5 times more than euro 1800 then I would go to a better surgeon.

I wonder if anyone can tell by your pictures if this is really 4000 grafts. There must be some experts here that can give a rough number. I think you should wait for some times and try for second and final operation but for god's sake not with dr maral. I am really sorry if this sounds hard for you.

another consistently poor result from this clinic

thanks for sharing your honest pictures, even dr marals cheerleaders on here cant back this one up, 50-70% success one mentioned earlier? really?? 50-70??? c'mon!!! 5-7 more like! sorry to to d op

the last guy who shared his honest pictures from dr marals clinic had his thread locked , hope the same doesnt happen here

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

another consistently poor result from this clinic

thanks for sharing your honest pictures, even dr marals cheerleaders on here cant back this one up, 50-70% success one mentioned earlier? really?? 50-70??? c'mon!!! 5-7 more like! sorry to to d op

the last guy who shared his honest pictures from dr marals clinic had his thread locked , hope the same doesnt happen here

So all the other people that spent month sharing great results from Maral's clinic are worthless morons for you?

What a disrespectful asshole.

I'm surprised how you're even on a hair loss forum if you're not even aware of how bodies and tissues can react to a surgery.

Even 20k USD surgeons can achieve terrible results.

Why am I even discussing with you? I'm wasting my time here.