Who would perform on a 20 year old?

I was born with a junk hairline. It's probably like an NW2 now, look:

e8TD57r.png

It's KILLING me. I won't be happy until I have a straight juvenile NW0. I need those temples filled in, not to mention the temple points as well as mine we're always crap.

I'm on:

- 0.5MG DUT M/W/F

- Nizoral

- RU58851 50MG a day applied to the temples (this is supposedly the strongest topical anti-androgen)

Family history:

- Dad is like an NW2 or maybe 3

- Maternal grandfather looks like this:

45D95Yo.png

- My maternal UNCLE is like an NW6. He's the only legit bald one in the family. I think it's because he used performance enhancers.

So who would perform on me? How much would I need to dish out, $20K? How many grafts? Will I get denied because of my young age?

Looking forward to the replies.

This is not going to go down well... Your signature alone tells me all I need to know... Stating that it is "killing you" and that you WON'T be happy UNTIL you are a NW0 are clear indications against a procedure, especially given your very young age, likeliness of future loss and very high expectations.

This is not going to go down well... Your signature alone tells me all I need to know... Stating that it is "killing you" and that you WON'T be happy UNTIL you are a NW0 are clear indications against a procedure, especially given your very young age, likeliness of future loss and very high expectations.

Because I really value my hair and have a specific goal, those are clear indications against a procedure?

Is that a joke?

Because your goals are not in line with what is wise, ethical and practical. You could exhaust 2000 grafts to give yourself an nw0 hairline and be left with only 4000 left for future sessions if you lose more hair. Given that the average non balding individual has 30,000 grafts on the top of their head, you are cornering yourself by using 30% of your eligible donor grafts on lowering an already good hairline. Your donor grafts are very finite and your desire is not wise. Ethical surgeons will turn you down.

You may lose more hair as you age, and you will be left with circa 4000 scalp grafts left to fill in the loss. Lowering your current hairline is not a wise choice. All the best.

You should do some research, transplanted juvenile hairlines and 20 year olds is not a good combination.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

agreed with above posters, there are things worse than being 20 with high hairline/temples.

the clinics that would agree to do the procedure are the ones that will likely take advantage of you and are the ones to avoid (i.e. promise you the world and only take your money)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also, stating that being a NW0 is all that matters in life and that your current situation is 'killing you' points to some form of body dysmorphic disorder...

I would wait until about 26-27 years old and then maybe start looking at option. Certainly not at 20. Your hair looks good man! Enjoy life!

I 100% agree with what everyone is saying, especially Mickey. This reminds me of a case on here right now in this thread:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172143-19-years-age-norwood-2-3-there-anybody-out-there.html

The young guy on this thread sounded similar to you right now, he got some great advice that he ignored and went ahead with a procedure anyway with a sub-par doctor and is now in a bad situation.

Also, stating that being a NW0 is all that matters in life and that your current situation is 'killing you' points to some form of body dysmorphic disorder...

I would wait until about 26-27 years old and then maybe start looking at option.

I didn't come here for a psychology analysis Mickey boy. If I wanted a psychological analysis I would schedule with the psychologist down the street.

I came here to discuss the best bang for the buck surgeons, who would perform on me. Because I will find them and go to them.

Whether YOU think I'm a good candidate is irrelevant. In fact I'm probably a better candidate than you. Let us remind ourselves that my family history isn't so bad, and the fact that I've been nuking my body with the strongest topical and systematic anti-androgen's since the age of 18 must mean I'm more dedicated than most of this forum.

Let us also remind ourselves that numerous people on this forum have gone ahead and done surgeries, and don't even use any treatments except for Minoxidil, which doesn't even attack the underlying cause of MPB.

So what's going on here?

Didn't the 10 year Propecia studies show 90% were baseline and even better?

Why am I getting told my hairloss is going to progress, when I'm on DUT?

Seems like telling kids to "wait until your 30 and past your prime" is the cool thing to do.

• Like 1

Agree with all the comments so far.

None of the best doctors out there will give you a NW0 hairline. Period.

Getting a NW0 now will just make you look goofy later in life. You can't bank on fin/DUT stopping the rot forever.

There are some that will operate on young guys (usually ones like yourself who have committed to long term finasteride/DUT use). At best they will give you a ~1,000 grafts and a NW2 hairline.

Dr Charles is one guy I've seen who's a bit more willing to do procedure on young guys. I can't think of many others.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Are you saying I've progressed more than an NW2, based off that picture?

Hard to tell without more photos but I would guess you're getting towards a NW3.

NW3 = you're dead to society. You're walking corpse.

I'm entering walking corpse territory?

I need a Dr. Armani pronto. Remember Dr. Armani performing aggressive juvenile hairlines on young men? I need his 2014 equivalent to operate me.

That's who I need right now.

Anybody who says otherwise clearly doesn't understand the importance of a good hairline.

lEHArUa.gif

WTF?

Type II Hair Loss: Mild temporal recession giving a triangular appearance which tends to be symmetrical (the same amount of hair loss on both sides).

Type III Hair Loss: This represents the minimal extent of hair loss sufficient to be considered as baldness according to Norwood. Most type III scalps have deep symmetrical recession at the temples that are bare or only sparsely covered by hair.

Give us some better photos.

2.jpg.4f5dfd3a4ba24507286a97c91d5803c7.jpg

3.jpg.6a75617d6a8d8df7855d2d0d9d12519b.jpg

NW3 = you're dead to society. You're walking corpse.

I'm entering walking corpse territory?

I need a Dr. Armani pronto. Remember Dr. Armani performing aggressive juvenile hairlines on young men? I need his 2014 equivalent to operate me.

Anybody who says otherwise clearly doesn't understand the importance of a good hairline.

It's not a case of we don't understand the importance, it's just the simple fact we have a limited donar that can be moved and if you go for a juvenile hairline now and yr hairloss progressing you won't have the grafts left to address future hairloss.

Were on yr side fella, we all want to be a NW 0, unfortunately what we want and what's available is 2 very different things.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I don't have a camera on me but I self-assessed and compared to the NW scale, I'm an NW2 max.

Then you don't need surgery.

Then you don't need surgery.

An NW2 isn't that good. This is what I want:

nw0.jpg

Also where does this myth "you'll look goofy with a youthful hairline when you're older!" stem from?

No you won't. You'll look younger, and better. Clinton and Reagan do not look goofy. They look good for men of their age.

To answer your question, no worthwhile surgeon will operate on you.

You will however be able to find some hack who will take your money. Go to whoever has the shortest waiting list and offers you the biggest discount ;)

An NW2 isn't that good. This is what I want:

nw0.jpg

Also where does this myth "you'll look goofy with a youthful hairline when you're older!" stem from?

No you won't. You'll look younger, and better. Clinton and Reagan do not look goofy. They look good for men of their age.

If these types of hairlines were realistic do you not think doctors would be planting them on everyone? Of course they would, were it feasible.

Hair transplants are taking hair and spreading it out over a wider area in order to give an illusion of not being bald. If you have a chance of being a high Norwood then no one in their right mind would give you a NW0 hairline.

You will look goofy when you have a band of hair at the front of your head and the hair behind it and on the sides of you head has receeded back an inch with bald scalp in between.

Clinton and Regan just won the genetic lottery and kept 90% of their hair.

There is a reason Armani fell from grace, because planting extremely agressive, dense hairlines on really young guys is unethical and stupid. Search around, there are Armani patients around the forums who are in their late 20's now and regret their decision.

You obviously didn't come here for advice but instead approval. Not a single person in this thread has told you what you want to do is wise, there's a reason for that. However, that obviously doesn't matter at all to you, your mind is made up and there is nothing anyone can say to change it. I remember when I was a young immature fool who thought he knew everything.

Anyways if you want a HT go down the list of recommended doctors here and start setting up consultations, you can also do them by email by submitting them pictures. Maybe one of them will agree you are a suitable canidate, although I doubt any of them will transplant a juvenile hairline for you so your expectations will likely not be met.

There is only one piece of advice I have for you that I hope you take to heart and that is if you consult with all the recommended doctors and they all turn you down, whatever you do, do not search for some random unknown doctor that agrees to take your money it will ruin your life.