Temple restoration; 2987 grafts; Mike Beehner, M.D.

This 71 y/o male wanted his temples filled in and brought forward, and also wanted his front hairline lowered. On his first session we performed 192 DFU's centrally and 1464 FU's dense-packed. On his second session a year later, he received 1331 FU's. He had a total of 2987 grafts (6540 hairs/follicles).

The photos are lined up with the "before" photo, one with the plan drawn, and then the "after" photo a year later after his second procedure.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

img586.jpg.1ed1c171f192be46e668b3e1cdf914eb.jpg

img587.jpg.db044f3ddc35d96ad1f9c55541eed989.jpg

img588.jpg.4e9bd9b0f16437087a58c72eeb6b433f.jpg

img589.jpg.00cf8f9431b25f3a92d2e9fa5aa197a7.jpg

img590.jpg.a1dc2a3ba6bc2304a77ba94de1fd0e0f.jpg

img591.jpg.0f04e6de1ea4c3ba4fb1b2b023b06b58.jpg

img592.jpg.63d8780e00f8892a9047d6e05e81a0f5.jpg

img593.jpg.7b30693123e0695e2b526880421095f6.jpg

That guy has a killer head of hair for 71, before and after.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Interesting case, bringing forward the sideburns that much was super aggressive. It looks good but at the same time is sort of bizarre on someone his age.

I'm not positive, but looking at his before and afters I think he had additional cosmetic surgeries. I would guess a facelift and blepharoplasty (eyes).

Good for him. Great head of hair for his age and with a great donar, I'd of spoilt myself as well :)

Doc, I know uve always said to be careful when working on temple points. At what age would u say it's acceptable to rebuild them?

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Thanks for the kind comments. Regarding the question of the patient having other cosmetic surgery - yes, he had a little tightening up of the face without excision of tissue and also a blepharoplasty to remove some redundant tissue around the eyes.

Regarding how I performed what I would term "dense packing" along with DFU's, the DFU grafts (4-5 hairs each) were placed in 16g needle sagital slits in the front-center area, well behind the front hairline zone. The hairline, except for the "feathered" soft edge was transplanted at around 40-45 FU's per cm2. The grafts were slightly larger than in a typical case because of the presence of quite a few gray hairs along with the brown ones.

This particular gentleman's wife died and he was starting to date again and wanted to look as young as he could. I was perfectly willing to be aggressive for his sake in restoring the temples forward and lowering the hairline. I certainly would not do this in a 29 year old. Thanks again for the supportive comments and stimulating questions.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

Saratoga Springs, NY

Looks great! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.