dry hair

So lately, my hair seems drier and even a little lighter than normal, in the donor area too. I use head and shoulders daily. What do you use to keep your hair health looking?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I have been having the same issues lately, dry hair and dry scalp.

Seems my normally oily dandruff is now kind of hard and my hair is dry.

I would like to use a conditioner but they always aggravate my scalp.

I bought some aloe vera gel to apply to my hair and scalp. Will post if it works or not.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Btw. when I was using Nizoral 2% everyday (not recommended!) I bought the following two conditioners but never used them much.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle moist deep conditioner

Free and Clear conditioner

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

When my hair gets dry, I use a hydrating shanpoo and conditioner 3-4 times a week and it works wonders. The one I use is loreal.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I'll have to check out the hydrating shampoo. Thanks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 5 months later...

I use Pro Natural’s shampoo and conditioner. Mine's almost like hay 2 months ago before I started using Pro Natural's, but it's now back to its bouncy, shiny and healthy self. lol. I'm still using it up to now. It's the argan oil. It works like a magical elixir for hair. They're available online. Try it and then tell me how it goes. :))

• 3 weeks later...

How often do you wash your hair? If you're doing it every day, maybe try washing every other day, letting you hair's natural oils come out. If that doesn't work, I've tried Jason's organic conditioner. It's pretty inexpensive and in a lot of stores.

• 1 month later...

if your hair gets dry, get a hair "impact" idk the english name. however you leave it in for 30 min, then wash it out. if you need help ask any female friend or relative they usually know that kind of stuff :)

PS apply shampoo while shower, wash it out, applie conditioner (leave in for 5-10 min while cleaning your body) then just pull water on your head, you should still feel that u have conditioner in your hair when you walk out of the shower, when you pull your hand throught your hair is should feel feels soft and easy and silky, no resistance.

I also changed away from head and shoulder to elvital because of the same reason.

I have heard the same thing about H&S when used daily

It's not as harsh as Nizoral etc. but I wouldn't use it every day, just washing with water a few days a week can make a big difference for dryness

go dense or go home

I need to pick up a more gentle shampoo. I've been using head and shoulders or selsun blue for many years.

View Spanker's Website