Rocking the buzz cut after HT? Natural look?

I made a post about this a while ago, but didnt get much feedback.

Basically - how natural will a moderate amount of grafts look if buzzed down to a 1/2.

If i turn out to not be a responder to Propecia, or it stops working in a few years any HT i get on the frontal third would look stupid, once the rest of my head goes.

So my glimmer of hope is - i can always get a moderate amount of grafts to get scalp coverage and buzz it down. As it would probably be too thin for a long or spikey style, but when buzzed down, hopefully stop me looking like a cur ball shiny head.!

What are people views on this? Surely this a realsitic option to being a cueball?

Any picture of people who had HT but rock the buzz look?

Ive been on FIN 3 months and am thiinng al over the top now, which i never was before. if Fin doesnt kick in and fix this, then what is the point of me getting a HT to the front like i was planning and pinning my hopes on!! Now im trying to convincing myself that i can always get the top back half topped up and then buzz it down... I need some encouragment here guys..

I had Micro Pigmentation done about 2 years ago. I am happy with the result, however am here in this form to get HT on top of my Micro Pigmentation; simply I miss my natural hair. Message me for more Information if want or e-mail and I can send you my current pictures. REMEMEBER do not get discourage, there is always answers to your questions out there. Much luv.

I had Micro Pigmentation done about 2 years ago. I am happy with the result, however am here in this form to get HT on top of my Micro Pigmentation; simply I miss my natural hair. Message me for more Information if want or e-mail and I can send you my current pictures. REMEMEBER do not get discourage, there is always answers to your questions out there. Much luv.

Why dont you post them on the SMP forum? Or do you have a thread already? If so can you point me to it

thanx

Im not intrested in Pigmentation, i want to keep it 'natural'

Considering high norwoods will struggle to get a thick head of hair, im suprised more people dont have the number 1 or 2 look! Especially younger guys.

I understand people have a HT to avoid shaving their head - but to me, the difference between a bald shiny head and a stubbley head is HUGE !!

So is there any reason this wont look natural?

If i dont respond to propecia, i will be chasing my tail for years. SO im really hoping for a get out of jail card here.

Nobody else considered the buzz look as a good middle ground?

@Number47 no I do not have thread; I did not know even know there was a SPM forum before you mentioned, well now I do after my little lookup. I can e-mail you my pictures or any other questions you may have. I am still enjoying my look with Scalp micro-Pigmentation or tattoo some people all it. I was 5 or 5a Norwood Scale. This was two years ago, Hair Transplant was way too expensive for me so I went with SMP. I dont regret, has not faded yet even little. I do not want sound like I am advertising or so. If you have any questions e-mail me; $price, the company did it anything. We are here to help each other and good through life. Much love

@ali1991 message me if you interested in SMP I will answer any questions you have, like I mentioned before am here to get FUE on top of my SMP. I am still searching the right doctor. I have made some e-mail contact recently, however have not made decision yet.

Patriot - you think scarring would be an issue with FUE? From what ive seen you can get away with a grade 1 or 2 without obvious signs. Although everyone is different.

To the person who suggested SMP - im not really feeling that, want it to all be as natural as possible.

Im really suprised that this isnt more commonly discussed, especially among younger guys with a high Norwood level. Think about it, those guys (or people who are on their way to a high NW) are never going to get a thick head or hair, and im sure a lot will only have a thin head of hair at best, after a few HT's.

So considering that isnt a great look (some might say worse than bald) there must be a bunch of guys who clipper it all down, so they down have a cueball, but also dont have a thin head of hair.

LIke i said in my OP, if im not a responder to FIN, or it stops working in 10 years or this lack of labido i have since starting gets the better of me and i come off.. I will need to address the increase in hair loss that will follow. So the light at the end of this miserable tunnel is - at least i can buzz it down, and still frame my face and avoid a shiny noggin.

WIll this look ok with HT hair? dont see why not

would u even care if you used a grade 2 and someone thought you may have some white dots on the back of your head or it looked a little sparse? I know I wouldn't, Im with you imnothere, Im getting fur into my scar just so I can rock a buzzed look when all is said and done

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

So you getting FUE in your FUT scar? Hope it works out for you.

I know most people get a HT so they dont have to shave their head - but to me, the difference between a bald shiny head and a clippered head with a hair line, is HUGE!

Alright, alright, clear the room you punks.:confused:. I OWN this topic.. :eek:

I have been trying the buzz cut on my ugly HTd head periodically since 1995 and I have this to say,

We OVERATE the density issue, (but see footnote)

Totally OVERATE the FUE scarring issue

we used to underate the angle of exit (hair angle issue) and now good docs solved it

But we still, critically,

UNDERATE the GEOMETRY issue, or more simply, the HAIRLINE DESIGN!!

and we UNDERATE, need I remind you, the strip scar issue!! (But I won't bitch about strip right here)

finally, I must add, SMP is a great bonus, but SMP or no SMP, the above holds true.

"But wait", you protest. "HT density will never match virgin density. The illusion is shattered at half an inch." Etc.. And you would be right. However, keep cutting shorter, shorter, shorter still and now , BAHMM! POW! look !! Issue solved.. You look great,, except.. Something is not quite right. Are you slightly looking Mr.Potato? Do you have some features that are unbecoming around your large bulbous forehead? Yes? And now the hairline needs work.

Stop worrying about the crown and vortex as much as those weird temples that all of a sudden look really awkward and make you look like dumb or dumber.

Good FUE helps you buzz because the FUE this out the donor area so it more closely matches the recipient area. Stubborn areas that present contrast issues around the humps can even be thinned to help, even, yes, even if they are marginal areas and on welfare aka.. Propecia.

Every time I buzz, I get that thrill..

Every time I buzz, girls say, why??

Every time I buzz, within four days, I drag my tail between my sorry ass and reluctantly have to grow it.. That WAS the story.. Now I got this hairline stuff worked out and worked on, my

boat is re floated and ready to conquer the seas. It doesn't change the fact that lots of hair growing up top, slightly bleached, is easier on the eye, but something about that buzz cut still rocks my world, and I will have that option.

The FUE scarring should not be an issue. All my extractions came from outside diameter punches of .9mm or less, mostly .8mm or less. Make no mistake, 1mm to ..9mm is a massive difference!! Do the math, cross-sectional area, but I would recommend .85mm as a compromise, at least on my gaelically whiteboy scalp, if you have machine extraction, and probably smaller if you have a manually doctor extraction. I would let a person like Dr. Lorenzo choose whatever he wants!

*Density issue. Yes, you don't want vast empty areas!! You do need SOMETHING there, but 20-30 /cm non-minaturized maybe enough or far less with SMP as long as it is in the correct zone. Your height may effect the design and the correct zone you need to call 'critical' or 'less critical' Color may also be a factor. This makes SMP matching tricky as permanent SMP is usually black or a washed out black -or else it is colored, but then that introduces abother can of worms)

Edited by scar5

yes im getting fue into the scar,i buzzed my head to level 2 (see my pics), scar was visible but not horrible. I don't mind having a scar, lots of people have scars on their head if you loo. But to have a straight ear to ear scar across the back of your head denotes a surgery. I would never evern want to shave my head with a bic or no guard but I think level 1 or 2 at the longest on guys that are balding looks good and you don't notice hair loss as much. Also I have a nice shaped head and it looks good on me, so have that going for me.

scar good write up also

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

OK!!

Ill try to be frank.

I wasn't happy at all with my buzz cut passed three days of the buzz, after " release euphoria" expired. By this I mean the great feeling of liberation u get when u have suffered because of lame ass hair, that u have to grow to cover the horrid strip scar. I was unrealistic and unable to accept that I would need length on my pluggy little hairs to cover the strip scar. WhenI buzzed it off, I looked in the mirror at the correct angle and I felt euphoria. I rubbed my scalp and felt the buzz and loved the feeling of release.

But after a few days, I came back to earth. I saw the damage of my folly from behind. And I saw how ugly my hairline was. I saw how this buzz showed every little feature of my ugly mug in stark relief to the bad hairline. I saw the nasty storks of hacked down mini-plugs. "Who was I kidding" kinda moments.

My response was to reluctantly accept the reality. I was no good thing buzzed.

So I bleached it. T hen I grew it. Then I decided to remove the nastiest plugs.

Result. Empty patches that were pink and white and exposed everytime I buzzed.

So I bleached again and grew again. If I could be patient for three months I looked pretty good, but I hated the lame thin crown and was determined to make these horrid ridiculous mistakes amount to something good.

Buzzed again. And got SMP in scars. Faded. Grew out.Buzzed again. Then all SMP, all over.

result. SMP made me grey. And silver just as my hair was going that way. Looked ten years older, but in reality better. but now the hairline was still stopping me. Blocking me.

So I got the hairline redesigned. And when it grows, and it already is, I will SMP into the new areas too, by the same guy who did the rest. and I am pretty sure I will look decent. Whether it is with a buzz, which is where the question mark lies, or with it grown out, which is already a good thing, albeit with a slightly thin crown, I will be OK. I think I am about done. I can say, with all the things I've been through, and believe me, this is a condensed version, that buzz works, without a strip scar, and even with one, at great expense, countless disappointments and apathy thrown in for a touch of adventure. (Warn people about strip scars btw, and all the reps pushing strip and trashing FUE from its inception) A buzz works even better with SMP, but I must put the caveat on the hairline design and execution of SMP. They are nowhere near the mark yet. But they are getting better.

To all guys out there, e buzz can be done, even on a butchered scalp. If you have a reasonably clean scalp, and that includes FUE scars, of which I have many and none, not one, not one single punch, presents any problem whatsoever.

For a buzz, nothing poops the party better than a linear ear-to-ear scar. And to all strip salesman out there, warm congratulations for all the forthcoming sales. Your time has come!! FUE is here!! Now u really earn your money!!

Edited by scar5

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, I am new to the forum. This is a really good topic and one that I can relate to personally. I havent undergone HT surgery so maybe my comments arent as relevant but I had an SMP procedure done about 1&1/2 years ago (not NHI but a different company) and my hopes were that I could keep my head buzzed at a 2 or even 1 guard, but no such luck :( I have to shave my head at a zero for it all to match and not look balding. My crown has very thin coverage, so that is the area that begins to stand out first if I grow it for a few days. Don't get me wrong, I really like the SMP improvement, but I am beginning to believe that I need to add ink density to pull off anything longer than a Zero clipper shave. Does anyone have an opinion about the added density of ink?

Also, Ive read on a couple of threads that SMP hurts, but I had hours of it with no Anesthesia and it did not bother me very much at all. I am no tough guy by any means and I have never thought myself to have a high pain threshold, but the fact that a few have said how painful it was makes me wonder if the insertion depth of pigment was deeper than mine. IDK. I know that fading will be an issue at some point so what I'm trying to do now is learn as much about SMP as I can and find a cheap, convenient option in getting enhancements.

• 3 weeks later...

So just an update, I am most likely going to my tattoo artist for a touch up. Could be risky but since its just darkening some areas rather than entire scalp, I should be fine. I need more Pigment "density" to pull off the buzz cut rather than just shaving with a zero- that's my goal and I know from experience when the scalp is darker you can get away with longer hair (of course many factors involved such as skin tone, hair color, etc). I promise to report back with photos showing each stage of my process and hopefully it works out and I can help others who are still searching.