Got to Hang Out with Dr. Konior on the Lake Last Week

Spanker

Well, Dr. Konior took a mini-vacation and came through my neck of the woods, so we were able to hook up and do a 4 hour fishing trip. Can't remember how many we caught it total, but live-welled a few for some pics and released them at the dock. The trip was short enough that I feel confident that the fish are alive and well right now looking for something new to eat. We mainly fished top water but I was able to land a couple small ones on plastic worms and a crank bait. He beat me out for the day....I think I told him "age before beauty." :)

We were able to talk about our kids, our wives (all good things) :), life lessons, and of course a little about hair. One of most interesting things I learned about him that I will share is that he worked his way through school doing construction, so with my military background we both have "blue collar" roots.

I put on a beard and shades for privacy (there's an app for that) and I didn't want to leave him out, so I gave him a beard too. :cool:

I really enjoyed the trip, getting to basically just hang out and be "guys", joke around, and be in the outdoors. Both of us have very busy schedules and I thought it was great that we were able to hit the "pause" button and find time get together. I wanted to share a different side of the hair industry with you guys of people just being people outside of the office. Hope you enjoy.

ktrip1.jpg.c90a65e95c0ff16a9ad85b6d6982fb92.jpg

ktrip2.JPG.7bf84829d9e81055dd65b1fd69bc6385.JPG

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Bumping because the post got hung up which buried it due to needing moderators approval for a trigger word.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks fun! Thanks for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for sharing Spanker! I hope to meet Dr. Konior one day myself. He seems like a very likeable and down-to-earth guy.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have met him in person as well, and besides being an amazing surgeon is also very down to earth and tells great stories. Looks like the trip was a fun one.

Nice bear hair grafts btw :-)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I didn't know that Dr. Konior was a member of ZZ top. Is there anything the man can't do?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dr. Konior is awesome. He's helped me with a few articles in the past, and I've always been highly impressed not only by his knowledge and skill, but also by his approachable and helpful nature.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...