New here: 800 grafts for hairline... FUT or FUE??

I would go with FUE hands down. I had 600 FUE to the hairline. I like not having a smiley face scar in the back of my head.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I had FUT for 800 though she gave me an extra 100 to make it 900. Scar is hidden on top left quadrant and have to say -I'm still undecided on total results to hairline (some empty spots have me worried at 5 months) but the scar -or lack there for of is really impressive. Just shaved that area to #2 and everyone's digging my hair cut but no one sees the scar ;)

Honestly the healing process was no biggie at all. I really can't stress enough how the scar is almost a non-issue unless of course I shave my head to skin. I'm also an avid weightlifter and only waited 10 days until working out and probably 3 weeks before I went back to heavy. I would imagine if the scar was on the back of the head that the heavy lifting would have bothered it more but as it's on the side and higher up, I didn't notice it much at all.

Yes first and hopefully last :)

3 months is the general consensus. Any sooner can increase the risk of the scar stretching. The scar may stretch on its own regardless of the surgeon or closure, be aware of this as your body's physiology plays a large part in how it heals.

Yeah well that's also my business -strength and conditioning camps. Im a lifelong lifter so maybe my body's responses are more controlled as it's so accustomed to it.

The clinic said 10 days to 2 weeks for light lifting/exercise. Again Im fairly sure the placement of my donar area also makes a big difference -if it had been in the back of my head i'm sure it would have been more affected as that is more closely related to the neck and traps -muscles that fire for just about every move. I can't stress this enough!