3500 grafts in one day? A lot or not?

cloudy

I like to think of the things in small time increments for what you are taking about surgery. 3500 grafts at 5 seconds per follicle for harvesting and one person extracting, which should be the doctor, is almost 5 continuous hours of harvesting. The doesn't include incisions to be made. I prefer about 2000 tops in one day if I were the pt.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

3500 in two days is usually the norm. Ive no idea how Turkish clincs operate but from my experience clinics will rarely go above 3000 in a day but some inevitably will.

Interestingly.....Dr Feriduni in the past few months did close to 3,300 FUE in one day on a UK patient who documented here recently. I think that came down to his scalp condition allowing for easier extraction or something along those lines.

I'm assuming a 3500 FUE day would be close to a 12 hour session? Long day regardless!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Never underestimate the downtime involved with a HT procedure.

If you can get 3,500 grafts in one shot by a recommended and qualified surgeon, I think it would be better than doing it in two sessions of 2,000 and 1,500 for example.

But the more grafts also puts more stress on the scalp though.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm right at the start of HT downtime!!! :) I got 2,200 FUE last week. Two days were split in 1,279 grafts in day 1 and 921 in day 2. In comparison, 3,500 seems seriously big for one day.

There are lots of variables at play, and all these have to be considered when saying what is better. Some clinics are set up to operate in such a way, others prefer to spread things out a bit.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

It's a good team of Dr. Demirsoy, as according to Clemens Weber, he said it's a perfectly normal for Dr. Demirsoy and the team to do such a big procedure per day. I am a bit confused since I saw his works of, let say, 3300 grafts or more, usually done in two days. A bit worried for grafts survive rate for such a long period of time if done in one day...

Nevertheless his works are amazing!

2 weeks ago I had a fue hair transplant at the Medical Park Hospital in Istanbul. A small team using the motorized system transplanted 4000 grafts and the operation took about 10 hours in total. I am delighted with their work, lovely people, very professional and the price was fantastic. Highly recommended. Very well looked after, oh yes and Turkish airlines were excellent too.

Hi Cloudy, just uploaded some photos. It's difficult to see much progress after only 2 weeks but I am really happy so far. Photos are not the best due to the flash, but watch this space, as you know the progress takes months.