Anyone have SMP at Shapiro yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get Shapiro's group to respond to me. I emailed them a few times and got a couple of effortless replies. Couldn't even keep up a dialog. I basically just got the blow off. So strange. I am (was) an eager and serious customer. Pretty upsetting actually. I have no faith in a company that runs so unprofessionally. I guess I am waiting and hoping for someone else in the US with better customer service to pick up the "temporary" SMP soon.

Dakota, how was your luck in contacting them?

A very respected member "Hairthere" is opening up a clinic in NY very soon. You can contact him on here for details. Also check out some of his posts about it. I believe his clinic's people were trained by Beauty Medical in Italy who are considered among the best at temp SMP.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I contacted shapiro too and they were very reluctant in replying.after contacting like more then 5 times Then they say wife of shapiro does that and she is on vacation. I ask them do u have any cases they say tons of them and I have been awaiing for them to send me pics of patients they have done.

..his clinic's people were trained by Beauty Medical in Italy who are considered among the best at temp SMP.

Just asking there Cant Decide,

Who are the other clinics? If Beauty Medical are 'considered among the best' of temp. SMP, who are the other 'best' and in fact, who are 'the others' anyway?

Seriously, are you aware of any other clinics providing temporary SMP that are not just bolt-ons that Jotronic-Spex-Milena organized for the Fellers, Shapiros, H&Ws etc.?

Because if there are genuinely others that are 'considered' by this HT community I'd like to know.

Just asking there Cant Decide,

Who are the other clinics? If Beauty Medical are 'considered among the best' of temp. SMP, who are the other 'best' and in fact, who are 'the others' anyway?

Seriously, are you aware of any other clinics providing temporary SMP that are not just bolt-ons that Jotronic-Spex-Milena organized for the Fellers, Shapiros, H&Ws etc.?

Because if there are genuinely others that are 'considered' by this HT community I'd like to know.

I do not know where the others are besides the "Spin offs" that you mentioned.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

This is a proprietary pigment that Beauty Medical formulated. The only people offering it in North America currently are H&W (NuYuInk), SMG, and soon my clinic, SMP Looks.

Stop loss, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the procedure. Feel free to PM.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes It was like pulling teeth to get a response from SMG. I was told its a lady named Kasia that does the SMP . I talked to her a few times via email but didnt get the impression that my business was important to her.

Hairthere, when is your clinic opening up ? I'd be interested in discussing my options w/ you. Thanks!!

dakota3, Our optimistic goal was to open this month, but it is taking us longer to get everything together than anticipated. Realistically it will likely be sometime in October. I promise to announce official opening date on the forum. In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I can answer you there or give you my number to talk.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey fueonly, I got the same response, she was vacationing. Strange the whole operation comes to a halt when one lady goes on vacation. Anyway, I forgave that delayed response once again and asked to please contact me when she got back… 3-4 months later I guess she is still vacationing.

Dakota, Kasia is the exact same person I was commutating with, or should I say to.

Hairthere, let us know! Will temporary SMP be offered?

Hello,

I understand there have been some frustrations communicating with SMG regarding our Temporary SMP treatment. On behalf of Shapiro Medical Group; please accept our sincere apologies.

Dr. Ron and I were speaking about our SMP protocol just the other day and our need to address some concerns. Kasia recently got married and pregnant all within a short period of time, and to top it off, she doesn't have the capability to easily access patients' charts and photos so we definitely needed to make some changes. We're in the process of having two SMP technicians and we're going to handle SMP inquires like our hair loss inquiries with a thorough consultation with Matt or me. Hopefully, these changes will alleviate any further scheduling or communication problems. Thanks for your understand and patience.

Hello,

I understand there have been some frustrations communicating with SMG regarding our Temporary SMP treatment. On behalf of Shapiro Medical Group; please accept our sincere apologies.

Dr. Ron and I were speaking about our SMP protocol just the other day and our need to address some concerns. Kasia recently got married and pregnant all within a short period of time, and to top it off, she doesn't have the capability to easily access patients' charts and photos so we definitely needed to make some changes. We're in the process of having two SMP technicians and we're going to handle SMP inquires like our hair loss inquiries with a thorough consultation with Matt or me. Hopefully, these changes will alleviate any further scheduling or communication problems. Thanks for your understand and patience.

Now THAT is how you handle a forum concern.

Thanks Janna!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

cant decide is right janna this is HT network

i called clinic like 7 times then spoke with kasia she first said august then she said sep and now she is saying find another clinic and she is promoting other clinic which is not recommended on HT network.if you guys dont do SMP you should be straight bcz shapiro has good name when it comes to HT.

Janna i ask you smp and you told me ask on different thread

Janna this is HT network very transparent and very impartial

Janna please reply

i called clinic like 7 times then spoke with kasia she first said august then she said sep and now she is saying find another clinic and she is promoting other clinic which is not recommended on HT network.if you guys dont do SMP you should be straight bcz shapiro has good name when it comes to HT.

Janna please reply

Just to be clear, I was not being sarcastic in my post. I thought the way Janna replied was appropriate and classy.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Guys I hope I can help on this topic. I had SMP done with SMG in March of this year. Let me say first and foremost that SMG has always been very honest and upfront with me, but I do understand the confusion that has taken place.

I got married in the summer and wished to have the temp SMP done to add the ilusion of thickness for my "big day". I was in contact with Janna about a month or two before I had the procedure done, there were still some loose ends that SMG was trying to figure out like getting the SMP machine at the office on time for my procedure. I fully knew that SMG was just starting this practice at their own office and the only reason I was not scared or hesitant one bit was because of the stellar reputation and patient-doctor-clinic relationship that I have personally built with them. I trusted them to do this procedure just about a month or so before my wedding day, TALK ABOUT TRUST. Anyways it was to my pleasure that over the 2 day period I had the SMP done Dr. Shapiro and Janna decided NOT TO CHARGE ME for the procedure! Kasia was a professional and was previously in the HT industry in Europe i believe, so its not like they have someone with no knowledge of the industry. Besides being in the Ht industry (i believe she was actually doing HTs in Europe, NOT at SMG) Kasia was trained by Mileena Lardi and was using Mileenas temp ink that does not turn blue.

Currently I believe that 25% of the SMP is still in tact and it still adds to the illusion of density in which I am grateful for. Like i said, I knew this was a trial and error case and I would of been more than happy to pay for it knowing that if I had any concerns or complaints that SMG would take care of them. If I was concerned about SMG's patient care or professionalism I WOULD OF NEVER OF DONE THIS. I have pics of the SMP work that i can put up or if Janna would like to put up on this thread i giver her my full permission (just please blot out my ugly mug :))

I hope this cleared the air up and I understand the members confusion of the miscommunication that has taken place in the last couple of months. I cannot speak on behalf of Kasia's or Dr. Shapiro's personal life, only as a patient that has never been steered wrong. I DO NOT GET PAID BY SMG I am just very thankful for all that they have done in my life. I hope this is clarified quickly so all can benefit from this doctor and patient. Hope i helped

Forgot to add that after my wedding I was in europe for a full month and I was in the sun the whole time on the beach which I know does not help sustain the SMP.

Edited by Arrie
Added time in sun

You only live once...

Guys I hope I can help on this topic. I had SMP done with SMG in March of this year. Let me say first and foremost that SMG has always been very honest and upfront with me, but I do understand the confusion that has taken place.

I got married in the summer and wished to have the temp SMP done to add the ilusion of thickness for my "big day". I was in contact with Janna about a month or two before I had the procedure done, there were still some loose ends that SMG was trying to figure out like getting the SMP machine at the office on time for my procedure. I fully knew that SMG was just starting this practice at their own office and the only reason I was not scared or hesitant one bit was because of the stellar reputation and patient-doctor-clinic relationship that I have personally built with them. I trusted them to do this procedure just about a month or so before my wedding day, TALK ABOUT TRUST. Anyways it was to my pleasure that over the 2 day period I had the SMP done Dr. Shapiro and Janna decided NOT TO CHARGE ME for the procedure! Kasia was a professional and was previously in the HT industry in Europe i believe, so its not like they have someone with no knowledge of the industry. Besides being in the Ht industry (i believe she was actually doing HTs in Europe, NOT at SMG) Kasia was trained by Mileena Lardi and was using Mileenas temp ink that does not turn blue.

Currently I believe that 25% of the SMP is still in tact and it still adds to the illusion of density in which I am grateful for. Like i said, I knew this was a trial and error case and I would of been more than happy to pay for it knowing that if I had any concerns or complaints that SMG would take care of them. If I was concerned about SMG's patient care or professionalism I WOULD OF NEVER OF DONE THIS. I have pics of the SMP work that i can put up or if Janna would like to put up on this thread i giver her my full permission (just please blot out my ugly mug :))

I hope this cleared the air up and I understand the members confusion of the miscommunication that has taken place in the last couple of months. I cannot speak on behalf of Kasia's or Dr. Shapiro's personal life, only as a patient that has never been steered wrong. I DO NOT GET PAID BY SMG I am just very thankful for all that they have done in my life. I hope this is clarified quickly so all can benefit from this doctor and patient. Hope i helped

Arrie - Great post and thanks for sharing it!! I would LOVE to see some pictures.

One question. I know SMP tends to fade faster than some would lead us to believe but if you had it done in March 2013, and it is already 75% faded, that is just way to short a time IMO. So you would be at around 6 months at about 90% faded which I believe is the low end of what I have heard in terms of how long it lasts, In the best cases, 24 months and the low end would be 6 months I believe for 100% fade. So, I would think the average is about 12 months with 50% faded by 6 months. I am a rookie to this whole SMP thing so I may be dead wrong.

BTW: Congrats on your wedding!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I contacted shapiro too and they were very reluctant in replying.after contacting like more then 5 times Then they say wife of shapiro does that and she is on vacation. I ask them do u have any cases they say tons of them and I have been awaiing for them to send me pics of patients they have done.

It sounds like there's a miscommunication because we wouldn't have said we have tons of results because we don't feel we've done tons of SMP treatments. Getting good pictures have been a challenge and patients coming back for their feedback has also been a challenge. We can only go by how they feel about it over the phone.

We've done mostly scars and some thickening effects patients. We are taking the whole procedure slowly because there are so many variables and we had some concerns at the beginning with the ink fading faster than we anticipated on some of the patients. We've since started using a new machine it seems a lot better. In the meantime, we're encouraged by experiences of H & W and we speak with Joe and other SMP clinics reguarly.

Janna please reply

I believe Kasia referred you to H & W and Lelani of Ziering Medical because these two clinics use the same temporary ink and were trained by Melina of Beauty Medical in Italy. After speaking with you multiple times, she didn't feel she could achieve your goals.

Arrie - Great post and thanks for sharing it!! I would LOVE to see some pictures.

One question. I know SMP tends to fade faster than some would lead us to believe but if you had it done in March 2013, and it is already 75% faded, that is just way to short a time IMO. So you would be at around 6 months at about 90% faded which I believe is the low end of what I have heard in terms of how long it lasts, In the best cases, 24 months and the low end would be 6 months I believe for 100% fade. So, I would think the average is about 12 months with 50% faded by 6 months. I am a rookie to this whole SMP thing so I may be dead wrong.

BTW: Congrats on your wedding!!

Arrie is one of the concerns I mentioned regarding the ink fading sooner than we expected. He was one of the first patients we worked on and that's why we did it for free. He was happy to be our test subject. Since his treatment, we have been using a brand new machine that seems to work much better. We're hoping the ink will last 8-12 months before needing a touch up. This is one of the reasons why we want to go slow so that we don't end up with lots of unhappy patients who didn't get what they expected.

Here are pics of Arrie with his SMP treatment at Shapiro Medical.

Slide2-37.jpg

Slide1-46.jpg

Slide3-32.jpg

Edited by Janna

Now THAT is how you handle a forum concern.

Thanks Janna!

Thanks CD. Didn't detect an ounce of sarcasm.

Cant decide

I agree it does do wonders and i actually believe its best for the crown. Kasia with the supervion of Dr. Shapiro and Janna strategically avoided getting too close to the hairline, which I agreed. I will say that the 25% estimate I gave is just a shot in the dark I will try to post some pics of my current status, but I still can tell that the SMP does make a difference.

What i do need to say is that the effects in the picture from the SMP are a little more "fuller" due to the fact that I had some "gel" like substance and some ink from the actual procedure. The protocol did not allow me to wash my hair the first few days. As a result from the gel that Kasia used in conjunction with the ink from the SMP the actual hair looks fuller and thicker the first few days. Please don't get me wrong the thickening affect was achieved but I had to clarify that in the pick there is some "gunk" in my hair from the procedure.

You only live once...