My FUE 2,200 + PRP, Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic

Sounds good. Swelling started for me later tonight or tomorrow. Stephen probably mentioned it but I would HIGHLY recommend doing the forehead exercises e.g. massaging the fluid out towards your temples. I did this literally every 30-60 mins over a 2 day period or thereabouts. It meant my eyes avoided any fluid, so no horrible swollen eyeballs like i've seen on other. Granted the side of your face won't look the best, but a small price to pay for vision. Oh and stay away from the whiskey for another while yet. :)

The first week I stuck religiously to the post op document, and think it helped greatly. Get as much Saline solution as you can off the clinic as this came in very handy after my initial bottle (would have ran out after day 3 i'd say). I had a balcony in my room and used it for as much fresh air to my head (no sunlight mind) as possible, and again I think this went a long way to me healing quickly.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was back with BHR and Dr Bisanga 3 days ago for a follow up session of PRP, a few days shy of my 7 month mark. This day last year was when I was in Brussels doing my consultation visit to the clinic. Crazy!

I was actually in Dortmund the day before with my dad, to watch Borussia Dortmund play (for anybody with any interest in sports of any nature or big events, you have to go to a game in this stadium once in your lives - incredible experience). So decided to pencil in a trip to the clinic seeing as it's only a couple of hours away on the train.

The visit went really well. Had some good chats with the guys and needless to say, they are very happy with the progress, if even a little surprised at where I'm at for 7 months.

The nice girl on reception (I forget her name) began by taking some shots. She actually had to ask me where was the work done as everything looks the same, no obvious difference in colouring between recipient and native. We had a laugh about it as that's obviously the kind of question a patient wants to hear.

The doc then came in and his eyes just opened up. He examined and said it was coming in great with obviously more to come. He then measured the donor area and said it could be still nearly regarded as a virgin scalp. Think he measured it 70-80-70. Obviously this is great to hear from a future point of view. The doc a year ago said I probably had a safe FUE bank of around 5,000, but thinks this could be closer to 6,000 now.

I also told him I am currently off Fin due to sides and trying Nettle Root. He said this is obviously a factor and hopefully everything stays as it is. He also mentioned the possibility of Keratene so I may look at that soon.

PRP then administered. Just something to note.......anesthetic is very much used! I certainly felt the jabs a lot more this time around......having valium etc in my system the last time certainly dulls the senses.

Spoke with the doc for a bit on PRP in general. He said it can be hit or miss, so therefore they do not market it as a treatment as such. Some people react very well to it, whereas others might not. It is typically only used in conjunction with patients with diffused loss (me), and women make up a high percentage of this category.

Spoke with one of the other ladies in the clinic as I was wrapping things up, telling her about the forum updates etc. She joked saying that patients like myself cause the clinic some problems. People see the early growth online, and end up ringing in at 4-5-6-7 month mark asking what the hell is going on (but obviously much more content closer to the 12 month mark).

The last of these pics is with wet hair as well as being combed down, so obviously very harsh. It's a massive improvement on my wet hair pre op, and I now no longer mind getting caught in a rain shower etc.

5b32dde182e96_DSC_0003(Large).jpg.63a7364754efa34b86a3907d210a6037.jpg

5b32dde19d036_DSC_0008(Large).jpg.1352be4e5801635171f2538f9c9b97b9.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg.a3955104b2b5ef881159921d5e284e99.jpg

IMG_6575.JPG.d5e0c095bd188dd3d42737be23ac0a77.JPG

IMG_6576.jpg.71c707ecc0dfd3804ce572bc9791a39a.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg.d1435a296118725a416def38edd55aee.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg.015fe81ba24e3cab943c8ad941d58071.jpg

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

sweet results at only 7 months! looks thick and easy to style.

what is the overall objective of the PRP therapy btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Jonnydrama

Thanks for the update and really glad things are going so well at this stage and making a real cosmetic and practical difference for you and look forward to the updates and here when needed.

Let me know how things go with the nettle root also as many do ask me about benefits of it and so far from patients I know it does seem to be working well, self included.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

He also mentioned the possibility of Keratene so I may look at that soon.

can you go into more details on this? This is an alternate drug to Propecia, or another form of treatment? (shampoo etc.)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

sweet results at only 7 months! looks thick and easy to style.

what is the overall objective of the PRP therapy btw?

Thanks hsrp10. I believe the idea with PRP is that it can have a positive impact on significantly weak follicles, as opposed to areas of complete baldness. It can strengthen the weak follicle and essentially make it look far healthier and fuller. There are one or two examples that SL actually posted where women used PRP solely and saw significant aesthetic improvements. It is also mentioned that it can possibly improve the healing process post surgery.

Again, the fact that I had this in conjunction with actual surgery, it's difficult to say exactly how effective it has been for me, but it certainly has done no harm. I just wanted to add as much to my armoury against hairloss as possible.

can you go into more details on this? This is an alternate drug to Propecia, or another form of treatment? (shampoo etc.)

Essentially, yes, I believe the idea behind it is to use it as an alternative to Finasteride, but reportedly does not have the same kind of side effects as Fin. I've looked into it a little, but will research it more in due course.

Current Regimen:

Hi Jonnydrama

Thanks for the update and really glad things are going so well at this stage and making a real cosmetic and practical difference for you and look forward to the updates and here when needed.

Let me know how things go with the nettle root also as many do ask me about benefits of it and so far from patients I know it does seem to be working well, self included.

Thanks sl, will do mate.

Brilliant, you really would hardly notice you've had any work done at all! Have you noticed the nettle root working for you? And what sort of sides were you getting on Fin?

I don't think it'll be a case of me noticing it working Bearded, more a case I'll begin to notice if it isn't, if you know what I mean. I just want it to maintain healthy hair for now, as opposed to me expecting to see any extra major regrowth etc. I guess time will tell if it as effective as Fin was etc.

Re the Fin sides, it was basically reduced libido. I took the stuff for 2-2.5 years with no difference, then I began noticing things. This may have been a result of me being on Roaccutane too at the time. I reduced the dosage and it made things better, but for now I just want to give my body a break from the stuff.

Current Regimen:

• 3 weeks later...

Bisanga was at the top of my list when I was researching HT docs and if I ever do any follow-up work, I'd seriously consider him again. Always like seeing his work. Thanks for posting.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Thanks Since, it seems to be getting better on a weekly basis too which is fantastic. I'm now actually waking up in the morning with that 'out of bed' look, and I actually like how it looks and sometimes consider just going with that look on a non working day. I NEVER had that luxery. It's a joy to style now too and usually takes about 90 seconds to do so.......as opposed to 10-20 mins spent on it in the last few years as it was all so light and unconvincing.

On a seperate note entirely......was out for beers last weekend and one of my mates arrived in to the pub with a hat on (not uncommon for him). What caught me by surprise was when he took it off, he had quite obviously gotten a HT withing the past week or so, as his frontal half was quite red.

I'll certainly bring it up in conversation with him soon when we are next in private.......but my first thoughts were 'I really hope he went to someone good'!

Current Regimen:

Looking really good ~! by 12 months its going to be superb. You must be very happy with it.

Very happy indeed Johnboy. Like you say, I'm not even at 8 months, so probably 70% there.....but already it has had a huge impact on my confidence. In the past two months I've attended so many daytime events that previously I just did not like the idea of due to sunlight/wind/rain etc. Now I simply just get up and go with no fear of feeling exposed and that feeling is priceless to be honest.

A few weeks back I was on a stag party in another city with around 20 mates and we were in a night club where lets just say the talent was quite high. This random girl comes over chatting and after about 20 seconds actually changed the subject by saying that I have great hair. She caught me offguard a little as the only previous comments over the last 7-8 years have been of a negative nature......so it blew me away. I asked if she was joking abd she said no, she was dead serious.

I could get used to this! :)

Current Regimen:

Hey man! I am very happy to see your great results after only 7 months. The best is still about to happen! Enjoy it! You deserve it! Keep us posted!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Thanks for the kind words Denny, much appreciated. Hope yours is coming along nicely........your thread is due an update btw! ;)

Current Regimen:

• 4 weeks later...

Great news Johnny and glad to see it's going well. Sadly mine with HDC has been poor a second time round, I'm 7 months in and have noticed minimal difference. Current in Turkey and when I went for a Turkish shave the barber there knew and asked if I had had a hair transplant done! Not great for the confidence and obviously it was noticeable. Time to hunt for a different surgeon for the future. Keep growing matey! Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of recent activity guys......have had a full-on two months but hope to get pics up over the next day or so. Have just gone past the 9 month mark and it's still coming along great!

Current Regimen:

Great news Johnny and glad to see it's going well. Sadly mine with HDC has been poor a second time round, I'm 7 months in and have noticed minimal difference. Current in Turkey and when I went for a Turkish shave the barber there knew and asked if I had had a hair transplant done! Not great for the confidence and obviously it was noticeable. Time to hunt for a different surgeon for the future. Keep growing matey! Greg.

Sorry to hear Greg! I've been a fan of HDC so a little surprised to hear. Obviously you are still somewhat early in 7 months, but ya you would still like to see some kind of difference by now. There are lots of great docs like you know though, so keep the head up!

Current Regimen:

Waiting for the pictures and glad to know everything is doing great with you! I updated my thread, as requested! ;-)

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

• 3 weeks later...

10 Month Update

So I finally go about updating my thread and Saturday, and the server ends up taking a hit and it vanishes into thin air! :)

Sorry again for the delay.....but here's a few pics just after a wash/dry and with it just all pointing upwards, and a few with some gel in it which would be more like what it looks like on a daily basis.

There is no comparison in my confidence from now to 12 months ago. Absolutely the best decision I've made to date I reckon as I now feel back to myself with no more worrying about weather conditions / lighting etc.

20140620_091342.jpg.5efbe86be9c8ebe259e6a1186891f86b.jpg

20140620_091359.jpg.06d98a2ee35494132315363cec35f7e1.jpg

20140620_091423.jpg.4f8212bc52920f03c15f54b9ada5895a.jpg

20140620_103013.jpg.0aa98928cd00cb4d47fd5c8fc162d4f2.jpg

20140620_103022.jpg.9c91b40adb1bb2669d6e7e440657bc6e.jpg

20140620_103106.jpg.933c8ed0e28cf30e072ea82a58f580b1.jpg

20140620_103144.jpg.8d6eb867aef0845e41f52d93502ea24b.jpg

Current Regimen:

Wow what a difference, great result . Congrats

Cheers Stinger. 6 months away from your own Op......that's the long part! It will be all uphill from there though!

Current Regimen:

looking very good man

are you still off of propecia and using nettle root only (DHT blocker)? that come with any sides or shedding?

go dense or go home