Any one know where I can Minoxidil without Propylene Glycol

Originally posted by mmhce:

BTW. Nothing is wrong with it. These are just slightly different mixtures.

whats wrong with it is that it causes the irritation and pimples. it can get so bad to the point where people just stop using them, like myself.

whats wrong with it is that it causes the irritation and pimples. it can get so bad to the point where people just stop using them, like myself.

You are abnormal (outside of the first standard deviation).

take care...

Originally posted by mmhce:

You are abnormal (outside of the first standard deviation).

there's always an a*shole on every thread.

u just continue making a fool out of yourself, no need for me to reply.

there's always an a*shole on every thread.

u just continue making a fool out of yourself, no need for me to reply.

For someone who takes his name after an esteemed scientist, you seem quite unaware of statistical terminology.... icon_frown.gif

Do you even know what the normal distribution is, or a "bell" curve?

IT is YOU, who does not need to reply to this.

Don't bother...really!

take care...

Mmhce,

Actually, your comment can easily be seen as insulting, even though you didn't intend it to be.

And frankly, Einstein is right. Propylene glycol can irritate the scalp so badly that its use can cause more harm than good. The Rogaine foam doesn't contain this ingredient, which is why it's a good alternative to those who experience this kind of irritation.

Watch how you word things and you'll avoid thse kinds of things in the future.

Bill

Thanks Bill icon_smile.gif, I'll try to be a bit more careful with my words, (perhaps with a bit more explanations, to avoid retaliations)

I have always acknowledged that Einstein is right (even from the beginning), but I maintain that a small portion of subjects, have adverse reactions to proplyene gycol, which is what he misinterprets as being insulting, (quite unfortunate icon_frown.gif )

As a matter of fact the FDA recognizes proplyene gycol as a direct food substance.

Thanks for your input, Bill.

take care...

Thanks guys. I guess nobody knows where you can get minoxidil without pg.

Thanks to Bill though re the suggestion of Rogaine foam. I have to tell you the Rogaine with the the glycol is soooooo unbearable. Itchy beyond anything. I have read bad reports about the foam somewhere but I will start my research again on it and clarify things.

Cheers Bill and all who replied. icon_smile.gif

I have known a few people that were allergic to propylene glycol. sorry, don't know where you can find minox without it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guest wanthairs

i agree----

I absolutely cannot use regular rogaine with the propylene glycol.

I use the foam. No itching, no redness, no reaction

• 2 years later...

I am using Dr. Lee's last bottle of 5% minoxidil free of propylene glycol. I am searching an alternative and find this post. MinoxidilMax is the only company that I could find to carry this type of product. Can anybody share any experience with it? I know Rogaine is free of propylene glycol. But it makes my hair look like shit.

The stuff minoxidilmax sells the fast dry essegen 5% is the same spec as dr lees standard minoxidil i know because they made it for me i told them how i wanted it and they sold it just to me they realised it was really good so they started selling it to everyone the soloution part is 50% alcohol, 30% p glycol and 20% alcohol rogaine and kirkland liquid have 50% pglycol, 30% alcohol and 20% water that's why it itches.

BUT! things seem really weird at minoxidilmax they used to be really helpful before their site shut down now it has reopened they ignore emails constantly it's almost as if someone else has bought the site and is running it poorly which makes me think they're probably not making the minoxidil right too so i have not risked buying from them since they shutdown. Also they used to sell minoxidil test kits so you could check the contenet but they do not sell them anymore which makes me wonder my. Take from this what you will but i think something is not right there now.

The only certain way to get definite minoxidil without chance of buying fakes is through rogaine, regaine and kirkland. The Rogaine foam is the only certain way of getting legit minoxidil without p glycol, but for many 5% isn't strong enough as a lot of us old Dr Lee customers have been using 12.5% minoxidil, it's a real shame about Dr Lee because he was the real deal his products were brilliant and he was so helpful i learn't a lot from him. Anyway if 5% foam isn't strong enough just use this simple technique in my thread below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164966-simple-way-make-minoxidil-stronger.html

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

@Bonker, EssenGen-5 Fast Dry still has propylene glycol in it, so I don't think I can use it. As I said before, since Rogaine foam makes my hair look like shit, it is just not an option for me. I ordered one bottle EssenGen-5 NO PG yesterday and received an email notification today that the order was shipped. I will see how it compares to Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil without propylene glycol that I have used for many years.

I will update after I use it.