H&W NuYuInk© SMP Result - Shaved Effect

It's interesting for me to see how people could be so disgusted by the results. I've seen MANY guys who have this exact same REAL hairline. If not exact same, pretty damn close.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

The abrupt nature of the hairline was his idea because he wanted to replicate the "shaped" hairline that some younger African American and Middle Eastern men have. This is a technique carried out with a razor where the hairline is shaped to be clean, tight and without irregularity. To have such irregularities would look sloppy in the eyes of this client. In some cultures outside of North America even beards are meticulously groomed to be "perfect" in shape and length. This is similar.

AH! that makes sense. Thanks Jo.

"It's interesting for me to see how people could be so disgusted by the results. I've seen MANY guys who have this exact same REAL hairline. If not exact same, pretty damn close."

Well, there only seems to be one person "disgusted." Everyone else was either positive about it, or commented it was an improvement in his looks with some reservation about the aggressive design. Scar is entitled to his opinion although I'm not certain why he is hellbent on shoving that opinion down everyone's throat.

And I concur, I have been scouring the internet looking at pictures of guys with the "shaved look" as I want to study natural hairlines. What I noticed is that guys with zero hair loss can have very straight lines (including caucasians), and you do not perceive much in terms of fading sometimes. Then there are guys who have loss and the lines are more broken up and they do fade in terms of density. I believe both looks can be achieved with SMP, it's just a question of satisfying the client's needs without going overboard. I can see why some people would think this result goes too far but I think Jo gave an adequate explanation.

Scar5, I think it's great that you are being critical. I personally welcome it and think it can be helpful. BUT.... please try and ease up on your approach. Clearly there are non-agenda driven posters on here who like this result. And most importantly, the client likes the result.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Guys,

No one is disgusted, we, all the readers are happy and grateful for the post as it gives us a good opportunity to discuss it, or even read it. We have had several posters who agreed it looks unnatural plus a stout defense from those who are invested in the Milena product, so don't be calling me out as a radical minority!:)

And I have an agenda too..

I wanna push you guys to improve, I need SMP for heaven's sake!

A few things.

a) Plenty of people have these hairlines, look at say the hip-hop artist Drake. The hairline itself doesn't have to be a problem, it is the density of color as it approaches the hairline that is one problem. I don't know how to fix it other than thin out the density of dots in a cunning way and change the color grades..

b) A customer can be completely over the moon with a result in June and horrified in December, so fragile are we SMP punters. I know I can't speak for the guy. And yes, he will get better.

c) I don't buy it when the SMP providers say, 'They wanted it that way'. No one wants to look spray painted and detectable.

d) He is a promotional product, posted up here to increase revenue to the poster, nothing wrong with that as it a commercial forum, and he is being backed up with interested parties. I am one of many who have failed to crack the truth egg with SMP so far, so I am trying to use this guy in my critical review.

e) All things in moderation, so I will leave it now.

Good luck to him. He has a good head shape and would be a fine candidate for a modest FUE and that combined with SMP should serve him well.

And he can use a Q-Switch laser if he wants to soften those edges.

a) Plenty of people have these hairlines, look at say the hip-hop artist Drake. The hairline itself doesn't have to be a problem, it is the density of color as it approaches the hairline that is one problem. I don't know how to fix it other than thin out the density of dots in a cunning way and change the color grades..

Look at Ludacris (before the corn rows). He has very geometric patterns and no gradation of color whatsoever. As Jo said, this is very popular in non-caucasian cultures. In fact, there's a product called Blackout used in black barber shops to create that exact effect. For some people hair is an art form.

c) I don't buy it when the SMP providers say, 'They wanted it that way'. No one wants to look spray painted and detectable.

I'm not sure how you can make an assumption as to what the client wanted. Ironically, "spray painted" is exactly the look that is popular in some places. The "natural" look you're talking about would be considered unkempt and out of fashion.

I said I'd leave it and move on..

So..

I'm not sure how you can make an assumption as to what the client wanted. Ironically, "spray painted" is exactly the look that is popular in some places. The "natural" look you're talking about would be considered unkempt and out of fashion.

Why did I make that assumption?

Why didn't I make the assumption that he wanted a Bigen Blackout? Which is very popular among people in the states now, and as black-urban fashion affects every corner of the world, it grows, and why not, because it doesn't try to be 'natural', it is playful and bold at the same time..Anyway...

The reason I made the assumption is because this guy came to Hasson and Wong looking for a transplant. I don't think he came to buy a bottle of Begin. Hasson and Wong, mind you, are at pains to express realistic hopes about the thinness of transplanted hair and about the need to accept the inevitable 'illusion' effect. They also stress compromise. It is what has helped make them so famous, and Jo such a great ambassador for them. They grow loads of hair, and they turn away customers who don't fit the mold for their big strip jobs.

So anyway, there it is.

I said I'd leave it and move on..

So..

You can move on if you'd like, I choose to comment on this public forum.

Why did I make that assumption?

Why didn't I make the assumption that he wanted a Bigen Blackout? Which is very popular among people in the states now, and as black-urban fashion affects every corner of the world, it grows, and why not, because it doesn't try to be 'natural', it is playful and bold at the same time..Anyway...

Your sarcasm fails because what you're saying is actually correct.

They grow loads of hair, and they turn away customers who don't fit the mold for their big strip jobs.
I couldn't care less about your opinion of H&W but to assume that everyone wants the same hairstyle is ignorant. Edited by xtatic5

Jotronic why should one pay 500/per zone to you when his hair and many others are doing same job in 500to700dollar for all three zone midscalp frontal and crown

I want to know how u r different I mean is it ink or what

Tamid in LA does good job in 700 u can see on utube their are tattoo artist all over is doing this in really very economic price. I don't think one has to be surgeon to do this

I want to know how u r different I mean is it ink or what

fueonly, We are doing micropigmentation, not tattoos (Milena's product is a pigment, not an ink). I would be VERY wary of going to a tattoo artist to have this procedure done. You may think the pricing is more reasonable, but the cost of having to get a bad job removed with laser is more costly, painful and can produce scarring.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

"Why not I pay 1$ to Bhatt and get all hair rather then paying pigment for 500per zone"

That's certainly another option for patients who want to wear their hair buzzed. $1/graft is a very low price per graft for FUE. If you go that route make sure you see plenty of examples of his work (fully grown out) before committing to surgery. Best of luck.

Their is lot lot of example and he does fue for head hair and body hair in 1$per graft and after 3000plus he gives discount.he openly discuss his techniq and yes their is lot of example and result of his.i want to see result of smp with more results but I think instead of paying any clinic 500$per zone I will definitely go for Bhatt fue and that make sense to get hair rather then dot in 1$

FUEonly,

Like HairThere said, FUE is definitely a viable option. Keep in mind that FUE and SMP are often used in different situations or in conjunction with one another, but it is important to figure out which one fits your needs and proceed accordingly.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Their is lot lot of example and he does fue for head hair and body hair in 1$per graft and after 3000plus he gives discount.he openly discuss his techniq and yes their is lot of example and result of his.i want to see result of smp with more results but I think instead of paying any clinic 500$per zone I will definitely go for Bhatt fue and that make sense to get hair rather then dot in 1$

I'm not sure what the price of Dr. Bhatti's fue work has to do with smp or this result. I have noticed that recently you are trying to talk about Dr. Bhatti and his prices in every thread, kind of puzzling.

Futureht thanks for replying.dr bhati giving 1$pergraft nd results are good he just need to improve hairline artistry nd I think with time he will.i have seen this forum is a very good medium of communication nd to express nd share opinion of others.i will say even if I have lot of money I will go with bhati n nt with other doctors who charges 7$.thats astronomical and now fue is becoming rage with time.

FUEonly,

Good luck! I hope you'll keep us updated with your progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great job I talk about bhati bcz clinic is charging 500$per zone and 1500 will b without scar and with scar it will be 2000$ for smp.i said I think instead paying for black k dots I will pay 2000$and will get 2000graft from bhati. Hair I will take over black dot for that price.