First Wash after Hair Transplant?

Hi, I had a transplant three days ago. Today was the first day I washed my hair a d grafts. I just started to notice areas where the grafts may have fallen out. I don't know if its from the minor swelling I have or what. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Hi, I had a transplant three days ago. Today was the first day I washed my hair a d grafts. I just started to notice areas where the grafts may have fallen out. I don't know if its from the minor swelling I have or what. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

I am not a doctor nor can I provide medical advice, but if it helps, I was just told by the doctor that it is normal for the hair to start shedding beginning already at the first washing (after three days, like you), but that the grafts will remain safely inside. Please double check with your doctor.

Got the 411 from the dr. It's when the scalp is dry the skin spreads out. Have to keep it watered with a spray bottle. Also got my staples removed yesterday. Going to get sutures removed Friday of everything looks good back there.

Cheers

Actually both. They just took staples out yesterday. I have to go back Friday and see if sutures are ready to be removed. I have been wearing a neck brace for sleeping and around the house. Is it common to have both? Btw Dr K did all my work. He and his staff have been nothing but the best! I could not ask for more.

Cheers

5 1/2 days post op. not sure why pic upside down. Lol.

Looks very neat. I'm 3 weeks behind you with Dr K buddy. Would be great if you started a specific thread about your experiences...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I should have. Am pretty new to this blog stuff. Are you going back to Dr K for some additinal work?

1st HT. My photo is just to confuse people - that's how my hair was in 2001. Sadly no more!

Got ya. Well you sure picked the right dr! He is nothing but professional and his staff. Just make sure to follow his instructions and everything should go smooth. How many graphs are you getting? Approx.

Cheers

Got ya. Well you sure picked the right dr! He is nothing but professional and his staff. Just make sure to follow his instructions and everything should go smooth. How many graphs are you getting? Approx.

Cheers

4,000 approx. If you click my profile name you can find some photos. Hair is probably a bit worse than it seems in some of the photos due to angles/nanogen.

Should look good. You're in good hands with Dr K. You're coming all the way from the UK?

Sent you a PM so as to avoid de-railing your thread...

Nice one Topsoil! The work looks very clean, and that is going to produce an excellent scar!! Dr. Konior is a great guy/surgeon, and you will be thrilled with the result once it all starts growing in! Please keep us updated with your progress along the way!! How many grafts did Dr. K harvest during your procedure?

Congrats on your restoration!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looking good. Looks like we had very similar transplants from Dr. K. Happy growing.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

has anyone experienced redness and dry scalp from minoxidil foam. I devolved a large red burn type mark on my forehead where i was attempting to re-grow some hair (never worked) before transplant. I stopped using minoxdil until two week before my transplant, and the red mark faded but not all the way. after surgery i was fine until day 10 when i used Nioxin (no-medicated) shampoo to was my hair for the first time. The red dry mark returned. I never had this problem with Nioxin before (been using for over 10 years). I contacted Dr. and he said everything should be fine to just stop using Nioxin and change to a gentler shampoo.

Its day 11, i changed shampoos and the red mark seems to be fading very little. Has anyone experienced these type of problems before and if so any ideas. and do you think graphs will be ok? the hair wear the red patch is seems to be fine.

003.jpg.cd336a54afcf5140c2dfa3fd48223453.jpg

004.jpg.b134d90802229ae82f1a730fded1a7b0.jpg