Dr Rogers, London

TBH

Could anyone please give me some advice or reviews regarding Dr Rogers in London?

Thanks

Don't! Dr Rogers really doesn't have the best reputation, although it's always possible that he's upped his game since his name last figured in this forum. HT in the UK remains fairly dismal and expensive, and in London particularly so. If you really, really want to stay in the UK, there's the Farjos up in Manchester, although they're still fairly conservative in the numbers of grafts they attempt and I'm not convinced their yields are the best. They've recently teamed up with Dr Lorenzo from Spain who really is one of the best FUE practitioners, but expect to pay a lot for his expertise. For FUT, you'd be better off trying Bisanga, Ferudini or Devroye in Belgium, or Hasson & Wong in Vancouver.

Thanks for that, I did wonder, because I never hear his name mentioned on here. I've been quoted quite a bit of money for someone in France, for only a small portion of what needs doing. They don't quote number of hairs though, It's more a 'yeh, sure, we can do that, no problem' type consultation. And then come back in a year for some more. Is that the normal time between procedures for most people, A year?

Still amazed nobody in London worth their weight, after all these years...

Thanks for that, I did wonder, because I never hear his name mentioned on here. I've been quoted quite a bit of money for someone in France, for only a small portion of what needs doing. They don't quote number of hairs though, It's more a 'yeh, sure, we can do that, no problem' type consultation. And then come back in a year for some more. Is that the normal time between procedures for most people, A year?

Still amazed nobody in London worth their weight, after all these years...

I'd say a year is the minimum. I had my 2nd procedure after 15 months.

I think the problem with London is that everyone flocks to Harley Street, which means colossal costs for office rental and staffing.

Apart from the Farjos, there's also the Glasgow Clinic and the doctor there trained with Bisanga in Brussels. I've no personal experience of their work but a few guys have posted positive experiences in this forum, so you might want to check them out. I think the key thing is to find a clinic where there's a doctor dedicated to the one clinic rather than the situation were a clinic buys in sessional input from a variety of medics which invariably results in poor quality control.

Best of luck.

TBH,

This forum is an excellent place to find a top surgeon and educate yourself. You are in one of the best places to find one and most of the best Doctors are recommended on here and the others who are not, are usually mentioned and discussed by forum members and moderators.

Stick around and do your research. The surgeon feature is on the top right of the screen.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Very few of Dr Rogers patients post online I am afraid, there was a visit by this forum to his clinic quite a few years ago but there seemed to be no follow up by the Doctor.

The only clinic in the UK recommended on here is the Farjo clinic.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'd say a year is the minimum. I had my 2nd procedure after 15 months.

I think the problem with London is that everyone flocks to Harley Street, which means colossal costs for office rental and staffing.

Apart from the Farjos, there's also the Glasgow Clinic and the doctor there trained with Bisanga in Brussels. I've no personal experience of their work but a few guys have posted positive experiences in this forum, so you might want to check them out. I think the key thing is to find a clinic where there's a doctor dedicated to the one clinic rather than the situation were a clinic buys in sessional input from a variety of medics which invariably results in poor quality control.

Best of luck.

Thanks again,

TBH,

This forum is an excellent place to find a top surgeon and educate yourself. You are in one of the best places to find one and most of the best Doctors are recommended on here and the others who are not, are usually mentioned and discussed by forum members and moderators.

Stick around and do your research. The surgeon feature is on the top right of the screen.

Thanks, I've put this off so long, I just can't wait much longer for this, hair is falling badly

Very few of Dr Rogers patients post online I am afraid, there was a visit by this forum to his clinic quite a few years ago but there seemed to be no follow up by the Doctor.

The only clinic in the UK recommended on here is the Farjo clinic.

Wonder why that is, thanks anyway.

Was asking on the other thread about drugs after the HT and if it's possible to go on without them and it said you have to take Fin. Can minox protect existing hair, and does the HT hair stay with you as told to me by surgeon?

Tbh if cost isn't an issue then you won't go wrong with dr Lorenzo who's coming to Manchester to team up with farjos!! At fue I don't think you would find a single person on here who wouldn't use him given the opportunity!! Check out injertocapillar on u tube!! Belgium Also has outstanding drs for fue and fut, I personally used dr Feriduni who is world class and if you check out his website amazing results, then dr bisanga who again is fantastic at both!! Finally some fantastic results in turkey,for unbelievable prices, with 1 st class results!! If your from the uk, as an I, I'd follow that path!!! Good luck!

tbh,

It is not always essential to take propecia/fin to have surgery but it is strongly advised and in some cases we would be very cautious with surgery if the patient is not taking any preventative medication.

It depends on your own situation if you have not tried the medication and are loosing hair at the rate you are saying then you would be really best advised to give it a try. Some people swear in minox and say it has helped them personally I have not been inclined to take it all the time I am taking propecia.

The Doctor was right the new transplanted hair will stay with you, mine is still growing from 17 years ago perfectly well. Let me know if I can help any further.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Tbh if cost isn't an issue then you won't go wrong with dr Lorenzo who's coming to Manchester to team up with farjos!! At fue I don't think you would find a single person on here who wouldn't use him given the opportunity!! Check out injertocapillar on u tube!! Belgium Also has outstanding drs for fue and fut, I personally used dr Feriduni who is world class and if you check out his website amazing results, then dr bisanga who again is fantastic at both!! Finally some fantastic results in turkey,for unbelievable prices, with 1 st class results!! If your from the uk, as an I, I'd follow that path!!! Good luck!

thanks for that, I was quoted 7K for just filling in the front, which is a bank loan job whichever way I look at it. I've not got that money, And that's not the full job. So if I'm going to borrow that sort of money, I'd like to get it right first time round, and it's not someone who's particularly well regarded on here in all honesty. I'm happy to borrow that amount for a result, but not comfortable with the 'yes no problem, you'll be happy' approach when I've only ever seen one review and they weren't happy.

dr reddy seems to be doing great work also .worth considering

thanks, I saw only one short line on here about Dr Reddy so wasn't sure

tbh,

It is not always essential to take propecia/fin to have surgery but it is strongly advised and in some cases we would be very cautious with surgery if the patient is not taking any preventative medication.

It depends on your own situation if you have not tried the medication and are loosing hair at the rate you are saying then you would be really best advised to give it a try. Some people swear in minox and say it has helped them personally I have not been inclined to take it all the time I am taking propecia.

The Doctor was right the new transplanted hair will stay with you, mine is still growing from 17 years ago perfectly well. Let me know if I can help any further.

Thanks, you say strongly advised, What would you say to surgeons that say, don't bother, if it gets worse you can come back and have it done again? I don't really want to be bothered with either drug, but would you find it strange that any surgeon said don't bother taking either? Your transplanted hair, I assume would grow OK without drugs

Anyone know why Rogers didn't follow up on this forum?

Who quoted you 7 grand??? If costs an issue which it is with most, check out the Asmed results put on here today by Denny, great surgeon and cheap, Also doghany on here he's Recomended also very cheap! Both have outstanding fue results consistently!!!!

I agree with what Postdoc said earlier,

the only surgeon in UK that I would consider will be Lorenzo from Spain who recently moved to Manchester and joined Farjo's clinic.he is probably world's best FUE surgeon.but his UK price is very expensive.

I think the best option would be clinics in Belgium,namely Feriduni & Bisanga,they are world class clinics and their prices are "standard".

there is also Dr De Reys in Belgium who does quality job and is much cheaper than other Belgian clinics.

but if cost is still an issue there are at least 2 great surgeons in Turkey who are very cheap and do quality work,Erdogan and Dognay..

I would choose either of them over UK clinics regardless of their price any day.

Simple. If doing FUE follow these guidelines

Money not option = Dr. Lorenzo

Money option = Turkey

*Dr. Demisroy = 1euro/graft

*Dr. Doganay = 2euro/graft

*Dr. Erdogan =2.5 euro/graft (I think)

Dr. Doganay is the only Dr that is recommended on here right now, but the others have shown great results.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Thank you all, you know what.. I don't even know if the 7K was FUE or the other one? That's how little info I received from 2 appointments. Language barrier slightly yes, but not that much. Does 7K sound alot to you for just the front fill in, and a 4 hour procedure?

tbh, It sounds like you are doing research a bit backwards. You might want to start by really educating yourself on the types of surgeries that are available. Once you have a firm grasp of your surgery options, then look into various docs. Spend as much time as you need doing this. Consult, consult, consult. Then consult some more! There is no reason to rush into HT surgery. In the meantime set up a savings account and just sock some $$$ away. After a year of reading this forum and saving money you'll be in a much better position to have surgery. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

believe it or not, I've been looking for years, and visited 2 in the last year, neither of which are rated on here, but I've no idea of costs and what is right. ?7000GB for crown area as well as front I'd have thought normal, but just for front area to give more density, am not so sure

Thanks, you say strongly advised, What would you say to surgeons that say, don't bother, if it gets worse you can come back and have it done again? I don't really want to be bothered with either drug, but would you find it strange that any surgeon said don't bother taking either? Your transplanted hair, I assume would grow OK without drugs

Anyone know why Rogers didn't follow up on this forum?

It depends on your age and how much hair you still have to lose and as long as they made you aware that not taking the drug will certainly mean coming back again then that is ok. The transplanted hair will grow without any medication no problems the medication is to save as much of your native hair.

Can't answer the last question, why don't you schedule a consult with him?

---

thanks again.... they did just say, no need you can come back again and have it done. And I thought, yeh, who benefits from that... They do. I think 7K is a lot for just front section fill in. Anyone have ballparks of these things

I've seen Rogers a year ago for a consult, but had no recommends so didn't know what you guys thought. Be good to know if anyone had a good experience. Certainly be a hell of a lot easier than traveling IF he's good.