Who here has traveled to Turkey from the USA for FUE procedure and can share...

Yea I agree with all of you. It is hard to believe and also unnecessary. However, there is another video where he measures it with a tape measure. It's definitely NOT an inch. I know that much. And like someone said they use metric there. I believe it is hakan and I would love to hear from him on this. It appears to be the Choi implanter pen.

I saw a case of his where he did a total of 8500 grafts. There is a video of it. I believe 1500 were body hair. Still, that means nearly 7k were standard donor fue. The guy basically show no signs of ever balding. Perhaps there are thin spots but it was some transformation.

We need more clarity on this for sure.

I would like to hear from him as well, because I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here, due to the fact that as far as I know 120 grafts/cm2 is not possible. If that's not true then I would love to know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from USA but a Canadian national. Travelling to Turkey was probably one of the easiest and most pleasant trips i've had. I am originally middle eastern and travelled from Kuwait to Turkey so my flight only lasted 3.5 hours. Yours would be long and boring (anywhere between 10-12 hours i believe).

Airport security is no issue, never stopped/searched. Very easy to get into the country as you can apply for an e-visa online which i did. Took me 5 minutes to fill out the form and pay, was approved instantly. You could always do this at airport but i did not feel like waiting in line.

With regards to safety, i too was worried about the riots/protests when heading there last month. Turns out they only happen during certain times and in very small areas (e.g. taksim square) so i never saw a thing. I'm pretty sure the protests have cooled down since last month. Also i would not worry too much about where you are coming from. It makes no difference if you are from the US, Europe, or even a neighbouring Arab/Non-Arab country. Turkey is one of very few "open" and tourist friendly countries in the middle east, kind of like Dubai.

The people are very generous, friendly, and polite. I'm sure you will have a pleasant experience.

*edit* Oh and they have some very tasty sweets there lol. bought some from the airport on my way back OMNOMNOM :)

I have heard of some horror stories about Dubai.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Come on guys???? Why would you need 120??? My dog doesn't have that much hair!!!

Not that it's necessary just impressive skill wise. I've seen what *appears* to be some amazing transformations on some high NW patients from him.

You sure your dog doesn't have fur?

And my dog has hair, and pretty good hair at that!!! ;)

:) mine has fue but yes they are dense packed! Lol.

Watch the video we are talking what appears to be 120 grafts placed in a 1cm2 box with the choi implanter. Perhaps this is body hair and so they are packing more in because of lower yield. I have no idea but I would love for a hakan rep to shed some light on the situation.

Would be great if this forum had a tagging feature like fb, does it??

Here is a screen shot after the grafts are implanted with the ruler. There has to be something we're missing, because if he is transplanting at 120 grafts/cm2 and getting good yield, then then he has figured out a way to transplant above native density, which I don't see currently possible.

Capture555.PNG.60a9fd6e27d52a815a9806e73a3e3125.PNG

I have heard of some horror stories about Dubai.

One of my uncles spends probably more time in Dubai then he does in the states, he has never had any problems. Dubai is probably one of the richest cities in the world. It is probably one of the most tourist friendly places in middle east, and is one of the largest business hubs.

I hear horror stories about USA every day, so?...

Istanbul is safer for tourists than most American cities and so is Dubai...

From crime, yes. The horror stories that I have seen in Dubai have mostly been cultural horror stories. Yes, places like Detroit is MUUUUCH more dangerous than Dubai, but you can kiss your wife on any beach in the US without being fined or going to jail. Two men can hold hands in any U.S. city without going to jail. You can get a hotel with your girlfriend and have unmarried premarital sex in any U.S. city without being imprisoned or fined without going to jail. These all go for Western Europe as well.

Its not that the place is not safe. I have not heard of much crime there, but I have read several stories about Westerners getting into trouble with the police over something that is considered criminal in Dubai, that may be normal where they are from. It pays to study up on where you are going to travel to. Those are the types of stories I have heard about, which would still concern me personally.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

4 pages, still no testimonials with pics from real life experiences traveling to turkey for FUE?

To be fair, Turkey has only recently come on the radar of sites like this from the point of view of Euro/US based people entertaining the idea of going to Turkey. Chances are people are putting plans in place but I wouldn't have thought huge numbers have actually travelled so far.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Two men can hold hands in any U.S. city without going to jail.

Most men in the middle east do hold hands while walking or talking to one another. Sounds awkward but that's how tradition is like here, it is also acceptable and you will often see it in shopping malls, gay or not. Also greeting each other by kissing cheek to cheek just like Italians. I get what you're trying to say but i just felt like pointing that out :D

You can get a hotel with your girlfriend and have unmarried premarital sex in any U.S. city without being imprisoned or fined without going to jail.

True, this is a real concern if you choose to bring along a girlfriend. We occasionally hear about non-married couples being deported/banned from the country for this reason. With regards to booking the same hotel room though, you won't really have any issues in Turkey or Dubai. It is considered illegal however the cops and hotel staff turn a blind eye towards tourists.

Bottom line is this, avoid going on an alchohol fueled sex marathon with your girlfriend and im sure you'll be fine in either country ;)

Most men in the middle east do hold hands while walking or talking to one another. Sounds awkward but that's how tradition is like here, it is also acceptable and you will often see it in shopping malls, gay or not. Also greeting each other by kissing cheek to cheek just like Italians. I get what you're trying to say but i just felt like pointing that out :D

True, this is a real concern if you choose to bring along a girlfriend. We occasionally hear about non-married couples being deported/banned from the country for this reason. With regards to booking the same hotel room though, you won't really have any issues in Turkey or Dubai. It is considered illegal however the cops and hotel staff turn a blind eye towards tourists.

Bottom line is this, avoid going on an alchohol fueled sex marathon with your girlfriend and im sure you'll be fine in either country ;)

Yeah, I knew that they hold hands, an I started to change that, but I was trying to keep it PG so I just left it.

:D

View Spanker's Website

come on, there must some? How do turkish doctors get on the recommended list if there aren't any real life forum users with testimonials?

oh, and I was wondering. do these doctors speak fluent english? is communicating with them going to a problem for prospective english speaking patients? this is something i just thought of...communication is very important.

Most of them do not speak English unfortunately. But they hire people to translate. I know Dr. Demirsoy does that through his rep. I am searching them a lot nowadays. As I am considering Turkish doctors for consultations and potential surgery...

Most of them do not speak English unfortunately. But they hire people to translate. I know Dr. Demirsoy does that through his rep. I am searching them a lot nowadays. As I am considering Turkish doctors for consultations and potential surgery...

so during the consultation there will be a translator there? hmm.

come on, there must some? How do turkish doctors get on the recommended list if there aren't any real life forum users with testimonials?

oh, and I was wondering. do these doctors speak fluent english? is communicating with them going to a problem for prospective english speaking patients? this is something i just thought of...communication is very important.

How many times must I say that I am a patient of Dr. Doganay IN TURKEY lol.

Dr Ayhan who works with Dr Doganay speaks English and translates for him. It was fairly easy to communicate with everyone through Dr Ayhan. It also helped that I had done a tonne of research so I didn't have as many questions as some others would have.

Any decent company will have a client advocate allocated to you who will be there to help out and translate throughout your stay.

In response to why Turkish surgeons aren't on the 'recommended list' on here... the ones i spoke to simply said along the lines of 'i don't need to pay to an external community to promote my work, my work speaks for itself and i am never short of patients' i suppose

makes sense

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

How many times must I say that I am a patient of Dr. Doganay IN TURKEY lol.

Dr Ayhan who works with Dr Doganay speaks English and translates for him. It was fairly easy to communicate with everyone through Dr Ayhan. It also helped that I had done a tonne of research so I didn't have as many questions as some others would have.

I saw your reply. Just checked out your photos. You seem to be healing well. Looking forward to updates.

Are you the only actual patient of Doganay on these forums? What made you decide to go with him? What was his facility like? Clean, professional?

Are you the only actual patient of Doganay on these forums?

No Hariri also just had a procedure done and is going back this month for another. A few others are currently booked in for later this year though.

What made you decide to go with him?

I liked his work and how he was responding to questions on the forum. The price was very attractive too. Plus my girlfriend came with me so she got a holiday out of it as we stayed in Antalya for a week and a half after my procedure.

What was his facility like? Clean, professional?

I can't really comment on this as such as they are in the process of moving. I had my procedure done in a room they were renting out at the hospital which they weren't too happy with. Everything was clean and professional though.

My only problem with Turkey was the way they drive. Nothing like having no seat belts, driving in the middle of lanes and general lack of consideration for other drivers to put you at ease before an operation...

I'm in Antalya Turkey this very moment one day after my transplant with Dr. Hakan. I will be posting my full experience in the coming days with images...but I will say it feels totally safe here and I'm an obvious American. The biggest danger I have experience is being tempted to buy a sweet leather jacket that wasnt in the budget.

Dr. Hakan told me he prefers 60 graphs cm2 because there is not enough oxygen to supply mush higher amounts and the other graphs and they needlessly die. 70 cm2 max.

Istanbul was very cool to visit and of course the price is hard to beat. I will post my results soon, very interested to hear everyone's feedback.