Dr. Reddy's Finasteride

RedsoxFan1

I've been taking Dr. Reddy's Finasteride for about two and half months. I'm guessing this generic has already been discussed on this forum. If so, could someone please point me to that thread. If not, does anyone know anything good or bad about this generic? Thanks very much.

I am also on Dr. Reddy's 5 mg Finasteride, and although it is a very reputable and good company as far as pharma goes, there was recently a study done (I think one of our Mod's (Blake?) posted) to indicate that generic finasteride may contain significantly less of the active drug than one would expect, and therefore it may not be entirely effective. There was some concern that a non-generic Finasteride should be used to combat hairloss. I've been on generic Fin/Proscar for 5 years now, and while I think it has been working for me.....now I'm not quite sure and am considering switching (and paying more) for a non-generic version! Maybe one of the mods will have quick access to that article/thread.....and if not, I will try and do a search and find it for you!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hi Agent,

I think Jotronic (or Spex) created that topic and Bill discussed the issue with him. As long as generics contain the same amount of finasteride, they should be identical drugs. I think the issues comes with "less trustworthy" sources that sell medications with decreased amounts of the active finasteride.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

So it's probably safe to say that this particular manufacturer is not an issue for this particular concern? Hopefully not....as I am currently ingesting it and counting on it to work well for me! Haha

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I tried using Dr. Reddy's Finasteride about 3 years ago. But could not tolerate it at all due severe side effects, mainly brainfog. But recently I started using Propecia and no side effects at all. I lost a lot of hair over the past 3 years and I blame it on Dr. Reddy's poor quality medicines. Though it is a reputed company in India, I doubt its quality standards.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered more Propecia via RX.com through my Doctors office. She said do I want to try the generic version for $175 for 90 days compared to $235 for Propecia. She said a lot of people have switched to the generic, my doc would not promote something if it wasn't reputable but I stuck with Propecia instead of Dr. Reddys finasteride

Adding Nizoral, swapping from 12.5% cream to 5% Kirkland foam....... and switching from Propecia to Dr. Singh's finpecia made my hair get dramatically worse.

Now just over a month after changing everything back, my hair has rapidly improved.

I don't know if it's due to the finpecia or the combination of each 3, but I'm definitely happy paying extra for the legit stuff.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Been using generic finasteride from various manufacturers for at least 5 years up until a few weeks ago. For the first few years, my hair held steady and hair loss slowed. However, I noticed that within the last couple of years my hairline has definitely retreated and thinning all over. Recently I made the switch to branded Proscar to see if there is any marked difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i am on dr reddy finax from over 2 months , not suffered any side effects , or i do not think about them much dont know , but not any sexual side effects .

but i am only on 2 months now and know about long term , god save us and grow some hairs .

not seen any progress in my hair .

my hairs do not fall like hell . but 50-60 may be the whole day .

i am norwood 3 , diffused top , lost front and the front hairs do not grow know and very fine hairs on top

Boots online Propecia is good value for money. You can order it online via their hair loss service and if you buy 3 months at a time it's ?90 which is ?30 per month. I was paying ?45 per month before from my Pharmacy with a private prescription. I did get some Dr. Reddy 5mg once from Boots but having read the forums I never tried it, although the chemist said it would do the exact same job as propecia.