please evaluate FUT 1000

hello

Please find my Pics before after surgery . i went hair transplant using through FUHT.

My dr shaiil at satya hair transplantation clinic in delhi.

i went for 1000 graft in my frontal position in the month of January 2013 mid.

Please find my pics before, after surgery and after 1 , 2 and 3 months respectively.

I don't know if the results are up to the expectation as every one says the proper results are visible after 8 -10 months .

Please check it and do reply is the growth is OK.

frontal.jpg.7238eca99ef805015f5e8901eec95f9b.jpg

frontal_2.jpg.67d89ff69ef8420e1c02b0c9808aea73.jpg

frontal_3.jpg.3bc2a34ff84b3d49b50e847bc7b9f7d3.jpg

4.jpg.dfdf4dd1d694ed4b44f213defeea36bc.jpg

5.jpg.0ba2511b48eb6fffe76de63b910c8067.jpg

it's so disappointing when Drs try for that kind of coverage with so little grafts. When we're a kid we have about 10,000 hairs in a space about the palm of our hand. We're trying to at least, imitate that. So to think that a doctor doesn't know this or tries to convince someone that 1000 covering half a scalp will be fine is just ridiculous.

Good luck with the growth friend. I'd recommend cutting your hair short and even and it improve the look cosmetically.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

it appears like u had more hair before surgery..may be because of shock loss it is appearing so

thanks aman mehra 11

for the most relevant answer.

so can i expect some recovery form this shock loss ? if yes usually how much time it takes ?

• 1 month later...

I looked through your pictures, and with the ones you posted today in the frontal area I'd say you've reached the point where you have the same if not more hair. It might just be the way your hair is combed but your crown looks thinner now though.

To answer your question, no, its not really ok. I do not believe that a reputable doctor would have given you 1000 grafts in that size on an area and told you to expect an improvement. There is really no way to judge this as a success or a failure because there are so few grafts. I am sorry if that is not the answer that you want to gear, but you just can't get decent coverage with those types of numbers.

You best bet is to hope you get good yield and get on finasteride. You look fairly young and have a NW6 pattern. You need 6,000 grafts IMO. Hopefully your grafts are growing and that they were not a waste. Really you will be the best person to tell. Luckily, it isn't pluggy and you won't be a repair patient as much as 2nd transplant patient that received entirely too few grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I actually don't see an improvement at all, sorry to say.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

There may be a very minor improvement.....but it is hard to tell, and as everyone else said here, you needed much more than 1000 grafts...... I would agree with what SamSpade said......cut it really short (buzzed) and just wear your hair like that. And or save some more money and go back to get a restoration when you can get enough grafts to cover most of your head......1000 grafts is just too small for the area you need coverage.

Just curious, what made you choose your surgeon? I realize India is a HUGE country, but why didn't you go to one of the recommended physicians who is on this site?! There are a couple surgeons there that are producing consistently good results, so I am just curious to know if you had a consultation with anyone else? I hope that you get some extra growth over the next six months, arayan01!! Best of luck buddy, and keep us posted!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Sadly,the result (june)is disappointing.Also the hair is thinning out all over.Have you seen a trichologist/Dermatologist yet regarding your hair loss?If ,in case,you haven't started yet,you might be needing a strict hair regimen of Finasteride(finpecia/finax),Nizoral Shampoo(J&J),Minoxidil(Tugain 5%/Mintop forte/coverit),Dutasteride(Dutas),Biotin supplements(like follihair).

The doctor might have transplanted very little no of grafts as per your wish,but looking at the 1/2/3 months' photos I admit I'm not a fan of the doc's work!The lightings are dim,but i dont think its ultra refined.Anyways if you plan on having an HT in the future,then go for 3000+ with a doctor with proven consistent results and dont hesitate to travel(within the country).And I dont think you need to wait 12-18 months before your surgery,but please dont rush into it.

FYI,there are around 150 Indian docs registered with AHRS,India but only a handful can produce consistent resultsDo your research well.I wish you all the best

Sadly,the result (june)is disappointing.Also the hair is thinning out all over.Have you seen a trichologist/Dermatologist yet regarding your hair loss?If ,in case,you haven't started yet,you might be needing a strict hair regimen of Finasteride(finpecia/finax),Nizoral Shampoo(J&J),Minoxidil(Tugain 5%/Mintop forte/coverit),Dutasteride(Dutas),Biotin supplements(like follihair).

The doctor might have transplanted very little no of grafts as per your wish,but looking at the 1/2/3 months' photos I admit I'm not a fan of the doc's work!The lightings are dim,but i dont think its ultra refined.Anyways if you plan on having an HT in the future,then go for 3000+ with a doctor with proven consistent results and dont hesitate to travel(within the country).And I dont think you need to wait 12-18 months before your surgery,but please dont rush into it.

FYI,there are around 150 Indian docs registered with AHRS,India but only a handful can produce consistent resultsDo your research well.I wish you all the best

Thanks a lot for your review and replies.

reason for going 100- strands.

1) i have sent my pictures of my hair at that time to all the doctors mentioned in the forum in India.

they all informed/recommended me that it will be around 2500-3000 hair strands for over all coverage.

so i went for 1000 in the frontal part as to check do things(Hair transplant) really work.

2) Reason for choosing the doctor

as it was located with in my city and from his website i think i got mis-judged .

but i have regularly updated him of my result as he asked me to wait till august September to sees some effective results.

i am applying,Minoxidil(Tugain 5%/Mintop forte/coverit) everyday.

Can you please re-comned some medicines for the improvement.:(

Arayan-

The Minoxidil should be a good start to at least address/halt the hair loss in your crown. As far as your other statement......I would agree that you should wait until August or September to judge the result. Maybe you're just getting some really late growth, but I must admit that it's not looking promising!

As far as choosing your doctor......location should never be a factor in deciding......especially when it comes to something so critical as a hair restoration surgery. Unfortunately, a lot of surgeons use the internet/his or her website to attract people to come in for a restoration with them. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of overall physicians in the industry produce consistently excellent results!

You seem like a really nice guy, and I'm sorry that it didn't work out so well for you with the first procedure. However, don't get discouraged. It is still very possible you'll get some extra growth....and if not, at least you only had 1,000 grafts done this time around......so you can use your remaining donor supply when you find a surgeon (preferably one recommended on this site) to perform your next procedure.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Arayan-

The Minoxidil should be a good start to at least address/halt the hair loss in your crown. As far as your other statement......I would agree that you should wait until August or September to judge the result. Maybe you're just getting some really late growth, but I must admit that it's not looking promising!

As far as choosing your doctor......location should never be a factor in deciding......especially when it comes to something so critical as a hair restoration surgery. Unfortunately, a lot of surgeons use the internet/his or her website to attract people to come in for a restoration with them. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of overall physicians in the industry produce consistently excellent results!

You seem like a really nice guy, and I'm sorry that it didn't work out so well for you with the first procedure. However, don't get discouraged. It is still very possible you'll get some extra growth....and if not, at least you only had 1,000 grafts done this time around......so you can use your remaining donor supply when you find a surgeon (preferably one recommended on this site) to perform your next procedure.

Best,

Mike

thanks a lot for your reply and recommendations.

ya i think this result is also because of hair shock loss also.

so i am waiting for Aug/September to see little bit improvement hope for the best....!!.