Doc suggestions for large FUT HT ?

pakid21

I know the thing to do on here is to say " do your research, meet with multiple docs, feel comfortable with who you go with, don't price shop, etc..." But, if any of you would be so kind as to list the top tier, IN YOUR OPINION, of docs that have credibility with doing very large FUT Ht's, more so on younger males, lets say 5k g's or more? I'm not asking to rank them in order as I know that's not the thing to do on here either, but instead of spending alot of time trying to figure out who has the best rep for this could someone throw out some names that are somewhat known for this? I think I've read on here Hassan n Wong have done a good bit of larger ones with pretty good results?

H&W

Feller, Shapiro and Konior are also very good but I think H&W are the standout for large FUT

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

IN YOUR OPINION, docs that have credibility with doing very large FUT Ht's, lets say 5k g's or more? could someone throw out some names that are somewhat known for this? ults?

For "very large" sessions these would be my favorites:

Hasson/Wong

Rahal

Feller

pa kid....how old are you?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Having said that, from what I learn, the success of megasessions are contingent on your donor and laxity. You MAY not be a candidate for megasession IF the two criteria are not met. Just my 2 cents... Hope this helps...

Hasson and Wong regularly do very large sessions providing everything is in order. You age might be a hindrance though. Dr. Konior does some very refined large sessions also but maybe not 5,000 in one session??

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 27 m already a NW 5-6 ish IMO, so time would be of essence and i am willing to have conservative results on first HT, not expecting to go back to NW0 at once or anything, a final result of a NW1-1.5 would even suffice in my mind, but i have been turned down by certain docs because of age, the number i've always been told is "we don't like doing patients under 27), i just turned 27 this month so i figured no or never as in a year or 2 ill be creepin up on a NW 6.5 - 7ish . I thank you who through out names of credible docs for larger session. I am going to consult with h & W asap, any other suggestions or input would be greatly accepted

pakid do you take meds like Propecia or Minox?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a 27 m already a NW 5-6 ish IMO, so time would be of essence and i am willing to have conservative results on first HT, not expecting to go back to NW0 at once or anything, a final result of a NW1-1.5 would even suffice in my mind, but i have been turned down by certain docs because of age, the number i've always been told is "we don't like doing patients under 27), i just turned 27 this month so i figured no or never as in a year or 2 ill be creepin up on a NW 6.5 - 7ish . I thank you who through out names of credible docs for larger session. I am going to consult with h & W asap, any other suggestions or input would be greatly accepted

I am a little concerned with some of your statements. Post up some pics so we can have a look. If you truly are a NW 5-6 I think your expectations of being transformed into a NM 1-1.5 may be unrealistic. Most NW 5-6 don't have anywhere near enough donor to be turned into a NW 1-1.5 with good coverage and density. If these are your expectations you might not be a suitable candidate since you're more than likely not going to be satisfied with your results if your expectations are not within reach

I don't think age will be a problem as you are past your mid 20s, the bigger concern is that you're not taking medications, and something you'll likely need to start. If you don't want to take medications, you probably shouldn't get surgery done.

Frankly since your loss is very aggressive, I'd suggest considering dutasteride.