Best FUE docs in North East?

New to the forum, and considering HT, but more strongly thinking of FUE. I'm a NW 3v-4, and only looking to fill in the frontal and forelock areas. I'm most concerned with the hairline detail and need relatively small session probably about 1500 grafts, to meet my goals. Any advice on the best FUE docs in the north east, since I've been reading on here that an inexperienced FUE doc can have poor results with donor damage/ loss.

Thanks.

Hmmm I would not limit myself to any particular region especially for FUE as it is not truly embraced yet by alot of clinics. The North East is fairly limited.

Feel free to take a look at our recommended hair transplant surgeons. Many of these physicians are FUE experts. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mickey,

There are actually a lot more excellent FUE surgeons than I think you give credit to. Many physicians recommended by our community are doing a lot more FUE with excellent results. Some of them have already begun presenting examples of their FUE results in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum. I will soon be encouraging more of our physicians to begin presenting FUE results so members can see the kind of quality FUE they're regularly producing.

Best wishes,

Bill

Whilst you are unequivocally correct Bill, i just do not see the North American surgeons doing the daringly large FUE cases and/or with convincing results. Feller doesnt perform FUE sessions over 1,000 grafts, Diep's only patient post result was not successful in my opinion, Rahal has had a string of bad fue results from patients, hasson and wong dont perform fue etc. The only north american surgeons that perform large and successful fue(in my opinion) are Umar and the doctor from Atlanta.

You know i love talking about FUE and i do see it as being a very viable replacement for FUT instead of just a supplement or for slight recession so i probably am not as easily impressed by the smaller cases that are put out. Until i see Bisanga/Feriduni scale and quality FUE sessions, my view will be that that North America is more skilled at FUT than FUE by quite some margin. You are certainly free to have your opinion about my opinion hehe.

I know Dr. Wesley has posted a few 2k plus FUE sessions. Dr. Vories has been posting a lot of large FUE cases as well that have looked pretty good and he is a FUE only clinic.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I know Dr. Wesley has posted a few 2k plus FUE sessions. Dr. Vories has been posting a lot of large FUE cases as well that have looked pretty good and he is a FUE only clinic.

Not too impressed with Vories consistency at the moment. Will check dr Wesoey's fue though.

Hmmm I would not limit myself to any particular region especially for FUE as it is not truly embraced yet by alot of clinics. The North East is fairly limited.
agreed. widen ur horizen. a HT just like a tattoo is forever. looking for someone local vs. looking for someone who is best can be the worst mistake of ur life.

dont get sucked into a particular area due to where you live. if u have to travel accross the globe to get a HT then do it. of course there are great HT doctors in the US but their prices are gonna be high.

but considering you need only 1500 grafts id be lookn to head out to Cali to see Dr. Umar. look to spend $12k or so or head over seas and get just as good results and spend $1800 + air fare and hotel so look to spend no more then $3800.

Being new to the forum, dare I ask: why are large FUE sessions so much more difficult then FUT?

Also if I'm only considering a relatively small session 1000-1500 grafts then is it important to find someone who does lots of FUE's?

Large FUE is more difficult than large FUT because the extractions take much longer and cannot be delegated to 6-8 techs. In FUT the strip is excised by the surgeon and given to the techs to cut and dissect whilst the surgeon performs the donor closure and makes the recipient incisions, then the implanting begins. In FUE , the surgeon has to individually punch and extract every single graft grouping, if you need 3,000 grafts, that is 3,000 extractions. Quite timely. Also FUE involves much more skill in my opinion compared to FUT and can take a long time to perfect and get a really great yield. Lots of FUT surgeons are comfortable with the yield they generate via FUT that the patience needed and time to get good at FUE is simply not desirable for them.

If you need 1,000-1,500 FUE grafts, it is paramount that you go to a really good FUE surgeon. 1,000-1,500 grafts can be 1/5th of your whole donor reserve and you do not want to chance it with someone who does FUE once a week or less. Just my opinion though.

unfortunately for many HT doctor its more about $$$$$ then pride which is why so few perform FUE. it takes longer and the learning curve is much more difficult to master and they cant perform as many HT's on a yearly basis which cuts into their profit margin.

not all doctors that go to medical school have the same intentions.

not to say there are not great FUT surgeons out there but FUT surgeons are a dime a dozen. FUE surgeons who perform large sessions sucessfully are rare cause its more difficult which is why there are probably less then 25 in the whole world that do it on a regular basis with great results.

agreed. widen ur horizen. a HT just like a tattoo is forever. looking for someone local vs. looking for someone who is best can be the worst mistake of ur life.

dont get sucked into a particular area due to where you live. if u have to travel accross the globe to get a HT then do it. of course there are great HT doctors in the US but their prices are gonna be high.

but considering you need only 1500 grafts id be lookn to head out to Cali to see Dr. Umar. look to spend $12k or so or head over seas and get just as good results and spend $1800 + air fare and hotel so look to spend no more then $3800.

Good advice.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Thanks for the responses,

It has been mentioned that feller does not do large FUE sessions, but does he do a lot of smaller sessions?

sure he does. I see no reason why he could not address ur 1500 or so grafts. he may not do LARGE sessions (4000+) grafts but he surely does 1500.

plan on spending about $18k. ur far better off goin to Dr. Umar imo. cheaper and maybe even better. I think they are both very skilled but feller is surely not $6k better.

its questionable if he is better at all. in fact, id say he isnt. Umar only does FUE, therefore he has more experience and he also does the largest FUE session in the world so large sessions are him are routine.

Edited by GNX1