Procedure Booked with Dr Hakan

james84

I have finally committed to booking a procedure with Dr Hakan at the end of may.

First of all thank you to this forum, has been a great help over the years and also Micky85 who has a great insight regarding FUE.

I will be having between 2200-2500 grafts FUE and i fully intend to document everything on here for you nice chaps to give me your opinions;)

Hair loss has bothered me for many years and really has changed me as a person, if successful i know what this could do for me. I want to be one of the forum members who's life has changed for the better due to an HT.

Am i scared and excited? damn right i am, as all i can think about is the procedure going wrong even though i trust my Doc.

To be continued.....

James84, Weren't you saying that you were going to Dr. Koray Erdogan?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

James84, Weren't you saying that you were going to Dr. Koray Erdogan?

No pal, although i have mentioned Dr Koray quite often on this forum as i am a big fan of the work he does regarding FUE.

Cheers pal. will let you know how i get on with the hat situ and covering up since i am a few months before you:)

I'm investigating bandanas now! They are a bit out of fashion though

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

James84, Ok so this is very interesting, you are going for Hakan and DENNY is going for Koray. Looking forward to see your results.

Just curious, what made you choose Hakan out of all the FUE Turkish surgeons beside his great cheap FUE rate. Please share. Thank you.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

James84, Ok so this is very interesting, you are going for Hakan and DENNY is going for Koray. Looking forward to see your results.

Just curious, what made you choose Hakan out of all the FUE Turkish surgeons beside his great cheap FUE rate. Please share. Thank you.

I was really impressed with both Dr Hakan and Dr koray's results so it was a tough choice pal.

Dr Hakan has been producing some great result on the forum and i have seen many others on international forums. It has helped with him being recommended on here and i have always received prompt and in-depth replies to my emails as i was quite wary of the Choi, however Dr Hakan seems very confident using this technique and assures me the work he can produce using this technique.

Very good, so you mean Hakan is doing manual FUE. What are Dr. Koray and Dr. Hakan FUE rates based on your last research?

My Hair Treatments:

Dr. Doganay uses an extraction tool called micro-motor with punches ranging from .7mm to .8mm in order minimize scarring to the donor area while harvesting follicular units. In his hands, transection rates and damage to follicular units during extraction and placement are typically minimal.

Dr. Hakan Doganay uses the Choi pen implanter for transplanting the grafts into scalp . With the help of several experienced nurses, follicular units are carefully loaded into Choi implanter pens which have the size between 0.6mm to 0.8mm. Dr. Doganay then carefully places all the grafts himself into tiny recipient sites using the pen implanter. (Taken from website)

Dr Koray uses manual FUE.

Dr Hakan= 2 euro per graft

Dr Koray= 2.5 euro per graft

These prices are recent but please don't quote me on this:)

Hey guys, as I can see when we talk about Turkey most of us are between Dr. Koray and Dr. Doganay. I also would like to thank this Forum (specially Hariri and Mickey) to help me with this hard decision. I am booked with Dr. Koray in July and looking forward to share my experiences with you.

The results produced by Dr. Koray, manually extraction and talking to him on the phone helped to decide for Dr. Koray. I hope I can share good results with you guys!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Glad you're sticking to it pal! Can't wait to see the results. Good luck with everything!

I am also going with Dr. Doganay in July so I shall also be documenting everything on here.

Same to you buddy!

Thank you Denny and James for the very kind words. You have both chosen elite FUE surgeons. After seeing their results AND prices, I cannot recommend any North American FUE surgeon anymore except for Dr. Umar.. Two game changer surgeons who have been practicing FUE almost since its inception and work on higher Norwoods where the US surgeons mostly feel that is FUT territory.

You guys are in the best hands. Hakan has been practicing FUE since 2002 which is only a few years shy since true follicular unit transplantation(not multi or mini grafts) was implemented. Dr Lorenzo himself(whom I consider the god of FUE) praised Dr Erdogan to me and he spent some time with Erdogan in Turkey and amazed. Congratulations to the both of you.

Edited by Mickey85

James,

Congratulations on selecting Dr. Hakan Doganay for your upcoming hair transplant procedure. As an active member on this community, I trust he'll give you the royal treatment :-). Please be sure to tell him we said hello and I truly hope you'll provide us with a detailed account of your experience and monthly photos so we can monitor your progress :-).

Hairy wishes,

Bill

Bill, I just wanted to ask whether it was Dr. Hakan who reached out to you for recommendation or you that reached out to him?

Either way, if it was him that reached out to you I commend him for being the first Turkish surgeon to actively pursue and present himself successfully on this forum where alot of the Turkish surgeons seem content with word of mouth where Western patients will never hear of them. If it was you that reached out to him I must commend you for making the daring but excellent choice of choosing not only a FUE exclusive surgeon whom has amazing prices but also an amazing FUE surgeon as well. His addition has really breathed new life and has given this forum a much more balanced feel now along with Bisanga, Mwamba, Umar and Feriduni's.

James,

Congratulations on selecting Dr. Hakan Doganay for your upcoming hair transplant procedure. As an active member on this community, I trust he'll give you the royal treatment :-). Please be sure to tell him we said hello and I truly hope you'll provide us with a detailed account of your experience and monthly photos so we can monitor your progress :-).

Hairy wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I feel it is my duty to provide the forum with a detailed account of my experience and monthly photos due to the fact of how much this forum has helped me within the last few years:)

I will give him a hello and if there is anything you would like me to do/ask whilst i am there please do not hesitate to ask.

Once again thank you for the kind words and support. Roll on May:D

Tks, Mickey! I am quite confident I took tje right decision! I made an extensive research and in the end I was between Dr. Koray and Dr. Doganay. After talking to some friends in Turkey and meeting some Dr. Koray's patients here in Germany I had no doubts he was the right surgeon for me! I also had a chance to talk to him on the phone and he explained me all the procedure. I was also very impressed to know he does not use micromotor and is involved in the whole procedureI will keep you all updated about my surgery and results! I am very excited with my procedure in July!

Tks, Mickey! I am quite confident I took tje right decision! I made an extensive research and in the end I was between Dr. Koray and Dr. Doganay. After talking to some friends in Turkey and meeting some Dr. Koray's patients here in Germany I had no doubts he was the right surgeon for me! I also had a chance to talk to him on the phone and he explained me all the procedure. I was also very impressed to know he does not use micromotor and is involved in the whole procedureI will keep you all updated about my surgery and results! I am very excited with my procedure in July!

I support your final decision. Most of Turkish hair loss patients I met preferred Dr. Koray over Keser and Hakan. His technique and repair capabilities made him superior than others. I do love Hakan work as presented in the forum but I'm sure if one day Dr. Koray is allowed to share his results, the community will be amazed of his work. ASMED clinc is a very well known HT establishment with high reputation in Istanbul, loads of Arabs here in the Middle East are going for him. Just by Googling his name you will see loads of results and great reviews. My old Hair Dresser told me yesterday (as he knows that I had strip in order not to cut my hair so short at the donor area) that there is an old customer of him who was NW4 had FUE in Turkey and had great results with great density that blew my Hair Dresser away. He even started to tease my hair transplant and unsatisfied results. He told me that he tried to check his donor and it was so normal looking and FUE scars where undetectable. I insisted on my Hair Dresser to ask that customer where did he had his surgery? Guess what, after waiting for a month, I found out that it was ASMED clinic.

My Hair Treatments:

Dr. Doganay uses an extraction tool called micro-motor with punches ranging from .7mm to .8mm in order minimize scarring to the donor area while harvesting follicular units. In his hands, transection rates and damage to follicular units during extraction and placement are typically minimal.

Dr. Hakan Doganay uses the Choi pen implanter for transplanting the grafts into scalp . With the help of several experienced nurses, follicular units are carefully loaded into Choi implanter pens which have the size between 0.6mm to 0.8mm. Dr. Doganay then carefully places all the grafts himself into tiny recipient sites using the pen implanter. (Taken from website)

Dr Koray uses manual FUE.

Dr Hakan= 2 euro per graft

Dr Koray= 2.5 euro per graft

These prices are recent but please don't quote me on this:)

I think there is a mistake here, you said that Koray uses manual FUE in the end, while Hakan Doganay uses extraction tool called micro motor in the first paragraph and in the second paragraph you mentioned that he uses the Choi pen implanter?

I think there is a confusion here. Please edit it for clearer info. Thanks for the price info anyways. Wish you all the best with Dr. Hakan, he is a talented FUE surgeon indeed with a very reasonable price.

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri, thank you very much for your support. I know you are very active on this Forum and also very enthusiastic with FUE so your comments are always welcome and very appreciated. I will keep you posted!