Need help, now confused by new information

About my situation.

I am almost 31 years old, suffering from hair loss since about 2 years. Finasteride has helped me to stabilize the loss, no sides.

Here is my story.

I have been researching online for about 6 months. Strip is out of the question, I want to keep my future options open. I have focused on the Belgian doctors, they seem to have a lot of FUE experience.

My research focused on:

• · Patient experience
  • · Before and after pictures
  • · Direct contact with the clinics

On my initial list: Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba

I made up my mind about going to Feriduni based on all my criteria.

However I recently read a patient review about dr. Feriduni stating that the doctor is hardly involved during FUE treatments, it is virtually all done by his techs.

My questions : should I discard Feriduni based on this fact, or should I just concentrate on the results of his team of technicians?

Both Mwamba & Bisanga worked on me in separate surgeries as trainees under the great FUE doc of Georgia, USA.. I had poor growth and donor scars, but don't listen to me. I'm just a very experienced FUE patient. Everyone else will tell you how great they are.

I went to Dr De Reys in Belgium because I found out that he does all the extractions himself.

Some guys here says 'technicians' are really important but I wanted an actual surgeon to do the work - afterr all that's what I'm paying for!

I don't buy the fatigue thing either, a trained experienced surgeon knows how to pace himself - that's the job.

IF anythign I'd be more worried about people without medical training cutting away on my head!

Anyway here's my journal:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys-5.html

Good luck!

Will

Just had a procedure done with Feriduni and can recommend him as I too looked into all the above!! He does the injections and the cuts for the hairs to be implanted and the techs do all the extractions and placement, but there a right unit who know what there doing, I asked him in my consultation what part he would do and he explained the above, saying down to fatigue and also that the ha were very well trained and experienced and could extract and place as well as he could!! Hopefully he's right!! Time will tell!! But I know for sure if the result isn't what should be expected he will put right whatever he can, he is a very talented surgeon and seems a very honest decent man!! And then too factors are why I chose him!!

I am looking for results, consistent good results.

Sorry william, but De Reys is not anywhere near Feriduni . All docs that I consulted with said that Fatigue is a major issue during hair restoration and they would not recommend anyone without an extensive team of trained technicians. Furthermore I read he does his surgery in a kind of farm house. Consults are in the living room etc. Not my idea of a professional environment, sorry.

So Feriduni here I come!

Hi Haircrumble23

I have just been to Dr Feriduni last week and i would not worry at all about the techs doing the extractions and placement, the doc does all the incisions which is very important for the hairline design etc, he also keeps checking that all is going ok. His nurses are very experienced, some with 12 years of doing FUE. I would recommend him any day of the week, he is one of the best docs in the world....

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169997-3259-fue-1-day-dr-feriduni-march-25th-2013-a.html

I am looking for results, consistent good results.

Sorry william, but De Reys is not anywhere near Feriduni . All docs that I consulted with said that Fatigue is a major issue during hair restoration and they would not recommend anyone without an extensive team of trained technicians. Furthermore I read he does his surgery in a kind of farm house. Consults are in the living room etc. Not my idea of a professional environment, sorry.

So Feriduni here I come!

i would not rule out dr De Reys simply because his practice is not a modern, minimilist, futuristic clinic at all. my surgeon's clinic resembled a a space ship(exageration) but his techs were careless and he was incompetent. I find it refreshing that with De Reys you are paying much less per graft and an actual surgeon doing most of the extractions(with a manual punch) incisions and implating. I'm going to be pushing for him to be recommended on this fine forum. i hold him higher than basically any north american FUE surgeon.

Both Mwamba & Bisanga worked on me in separate surgeries as trainees under the great FUE doc of Georgia, USA.. I had poor growth and donor scars, but don't listen to me. I'm just a very experienced FUE patient. Everyone else will tell you how great they are.

you are a valuable member with you experience here but let me ask you, is it possible that both Mwamba and Bisanga have progressed their skill at FUE since leaving their mentor?

About my situation.

I have been researching online for about 6 months. Strip is out of the question, I want to keep my future options open. I have focused on the Belgian doctors, they seem to have a lot of FUE experience.

On my initial list: Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba

Haircrumble,

I like your reasoning for deciding on fue and I think you are on the right track in considering docs in Belgium (not to say there aren't good fue docs elsewhere). I don't have experience with feriduni or mwamba so can't comment on them. I have had fue with Bisanga and can vouch for him.

Generally speaking, you can expect to have techs work on you to some degree. I would, however, expect the doc to punch each and every graft and to make each and every incision for placement. I would not have a problem with experienced techs extracting the grafts once they have been punched by the doc and placing the grafts into the incisions made by the doc. Also, the processing of grafts will be done by techs.

Feel free to hit me up if I can answer any questions or help in any way. Good luck with your research and I hope to see your updates once you decide.

Edited by Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Sorry if this seems a deviation from the doctors in the topic, how about canadian doctors like dr. rahal? does he do the extractions himself?

Negative. He does not do all the extractions by himself. I have been told be several individuals who had FUE with him that a tech shares the extractions.

For now I am sticking with dr F and his team.

Bisanga seems to be heavily promoted, and from the looks De Reys is being pushed as well.

Dude you posted that he was on your list and you asked questions. What do you mean by heavily promoted? Best of luck to you!

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

For now I am sticking with dr F and his team.

Bisanga seems to be heavily promoted, and from the looks De Reys is being pushed as well.

You can choose any surgeon you desire. Feriduni is among the best surgeons in the whole world. Bisanga is also up there with Feriduni as they both are amazing.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, I am back.

Since I could not make up my mind who to choose I decided to take a break and wait.

However a couple of weeks ago while visiting my local doc I brought up the subject and asked for his advice. He basically told me to go with experience and results, not with a ‘known’ name.

Taking that into account I dug up some information that I gathered and re-contacted most clinics. Surprisingly the Prohairclinic people seem to be the most experienced, offering FUE since 2004. I checked out their results and I truly believe they are just as good or even better than Bisanga, Dr. F.

Finally I made up my mind and Belgium it will be : Prohairclinic.

I am very confidant I made the right decision and you will find out more about the procedure spring 2014!!!

• 3 years later...