5,300 Procedure done with Dr. Umar

DS25

I just had a procedure done with Dr. Umar for around 5,300 grafts. The hairline looks great. He implanted hair in the back, to the side, scar area, and the front. He used beard and chest hairs. It has been over 6 days and I am healing well. All the crust has fallen out The hair grafted looks great and doesn't look like it is falling out. It is red and the scars from the previous procedure is showing. I have to go back to work and I was hoping for some feedback on how it looks. I was hoping for some solutions to cover up the scar? Do you think I can use hair fibers? Part of the procedure involved a crew cut. Regarding results what should I expect? How long before the redness goes away?

photo_1_before.JPG.e6dffe49fda4a3497f41d51b28cb72b3.JPG

photo_before_2.jpg.9246039e8eb4d71cf8d1b8991a3098ab.jpg

photo_before_3.jpg.afb7dc6322a533b6b21c996fa6844f9d.jpg

photo_before_4.jpg.8c8e4edd3ab6b00b68a4ed057413e016.jpg

photo_after_1.jpg.d03b04104aaaae331f53908841fb4295.jpg

photo_after_2.jpg.345bc1395bd817fbcbcde48ba10adfef.jpg

photo_after_3.jpg.b43cae3ac1521517e2756f6989418ed3.jpg

photo_4_after.jpg.eb8a04f9925b1dd6859363d3cc2d7b7b.jpg

photo_after_5.jpg.453309659f5c153318cdb9a552afbb9a.jpg

Congratulations DS25. It looks really good. It is pretty hard to conceal with such short hair. How long until you have to be back at work? You might just have to tell the truth or come up with a good story unless you have enough time for enough growth, It will be much easier to conceal in 8-10 days. I think it doesn't look too bad.

Dr. Rene Rodriguez, Bogota - Colombia 1940 grafts FUT Feb 2013

Minoxidil Foam twice a day

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

My Hair Restoration Website

DS25, it looks great. I think you will see a good amount of change. By the way, how many sessions you had for a total of 5300 grafts? Also, could you provide any details like what hair went where (chest/beard hair for crown, etc.). Happy recovering and hair growing. Thanks.

After my HT, I was wearing a cap at work during week 2. From week 3 onwards, Toppik was good enough to conceal.

I would suggest wear a stylish cap for a couple of weeks. Let people wonder why you were wearing a cap. If someone specifically asks, just tell them you had some procedure done on your scalp.

DS25,

Congratulations on your recent FUE with Dr. Umar. This looks like it's going to be a true home run.

You're probably not going to be able to fully conceal it for some time. If a hat is an option, go that route. Otherwise you may just have to let people wonder. I'm sure no one will ask.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

very impressive! more great work from Dr. Umar. its amazing how a patient can go from zero hope to a complete head of hair essentially via FUE. hail to the body hair Gods.... FUT scaring sure can do a number on people.

It's way too early to judge the outcome but I wish you luck. It looks like you got quite a bit of coverage.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Work wasn't that bad. I had some people ask about the redness but I blamed it on a bad rash and a sun burn. I actually got complements on the haircut. There were some that really noticed the redness. I had 4 sessions. I can't really say what went where due to the medication. Dr. Umar has been great at post up email. I will ask him on my next email hairless hero. I will update in two weeks with new pictures. Thanks for the support everyone. I would recommend atleast taking two weeks before going back to work. My procedure ended Friday and I went back to work this Friday.

I have been receiving some messages privately. I know what it is like when you have additional questions regarding doctors or the procedure. I have been there. For some reason I am not able to access my inbox on the the hair restoration network site. I can see the message on my regular email but I rather not give that out. I have created a new email address so hairlesshero if you can send me your message on the email below, I will be happy to reply back with answers to your questions.

Thanks

DS25

Email: DSDSDS2525@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

17 days and I am back for a post up. I am attaching pictures for feedback. I have lost maybe 20% to 40% of the transplanted hair. I forgot how important patience is in this process. I am still experiencing redness and starting to see small pimples in areas. I am taking Biotin, small doses of hair comp, green tea and special minoxadil by Dr. Umar. Do you guys think that is a good strategy for the post up healing? Does anyone recommend anything else. I just bought aloe vera for the itching.

17_days_front_photo.jpg.48e033a56d66d9e232ab6ee208fa531a.jpg

17_days_photo_back.jpg.6bb2502e0fe1b6b76d8771d826893997.jpg

17_days_side_photo.jpg.1b618561a4575e253a2a9256fa3d5a92.jpg

Hey, your case of a huge FUE procedure is quite rare for this forum, and I suspect many will have an interest in following it. In case you're in favor of it, you should create a blog on this site so it will be easy to track your progress.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

wow your scar in photo #3 looked really unbearable. Im glad you went to a good doctor and are taking steps to clear everything up. How big was your first procedure?

did the scar stretch or was it just always big?

your new hairline looks great.

That's great looking work!!!!

Atticus :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.