Fue asap

*Update*

I am booked in for 3000 FUE with Dr Bhatti. Emphasis will be placed on the frontal 1/3rd working back towards the crown.

I'll post my experience and results in the coming month's.

Edited by HairFunk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLOW DOWN. You are moving way to fast.

" Histogen or Anderans gets released in 4/5 years time to halt any further loss"

1. Your betting on something that has proven 99% to not happen.

2. 4 months on your meds is to early to tell. We don't know whats going in that department. Maybe Fin will restore your hair, and we never have to talk again : )

3. Worse case scenario, all things fail, and you need a HT. You are on your way to a NW5A.

1500 Fue is not going to be enough. Maybe, maybe you can restore a high hairline with 1500 fue, then what? Your expected future loss a NW5A, FUE is not going to be practical. You will need a strip, and a lot of grafts.

First step, know this "A HT is never going to give you the super awesome 19 year old hair." Your hair cannot be made super thick with a HT like you were 19. You need to think about who you will be at 34. You need to consult, with at least 3 to 5 doctors. Send your pics, get some feedback. Get a in person consultation, need to find your donor and scalp laxity.

You are ready, I get it.. but lets continue to gather some data.

The plan was 3 HT's

1 (Hairline now)

2 (Mid scalp 3-4 years)

3 (Crown 5-6 years)

Hopefully Fin will completely stop further recession altogether and the other procedures will not be necessary, but Fins long term effectiveness doesn't prove with most - so a tall order!

I'm staying quite optimistic about Histogen and Anderans and am looking forward to the new trial info this year.

Not sure why you would want to go hrugh the process 3 times and pay 3 lots of costs.

Looking at your hairloss, i'd say you need 3,500-4000 grafts to rebuild the hairline and dense pack the remainder and can have that in one session.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

champ i think you need to step back and look at things from another perspective. you say you are ready to jump on the plane and you have spoken to a surgeon. is this surgeon good at fue? you say you will ask if he will do a big session on you but the number of good fue surgeons who can do big sessions ie 3000 grafts are in the single digits. before signing the papers and chancing your 4000 precious grafts, i say look at some results posted here by clinics and more importantly from patients as patients are more honest about their results. check other forums from europe which feature more patient results from he fue doctors in europe. a ht is not something you should merely chance on the first doctor you hear about of the one that is local to you.

Cheers bud

I'm hoping to have surgery with Dr Bhatti. He seems very passionate and knowledgeable about FUE. I've been following some of the lads on here my age who have had 2500-4000 grafts with great results.

Cheers bud

I'm hoping to have surgery with Dr Bhatti. He seems very passionate and knowledgeable about FUE. I've been following some of the lads on here my age who have had 2500-4000 grafts with great results.

thats fine champ. however, i went to a surgeon even more renowned than bhatti and my results were absolutely terrible... almost every complication thay could occur, did occur. but its up to you. you seem adament and i have tried giving you another side of the spectrum. best of luck.

I appreciate the advice, thanks.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, do you have a link? I hope all get's resolved!

no worries buddy. i implore you to take your time though. hair transplantation is a business and people can get blindsighted into thinking the results are guaranteed and the doctors will have their backs if the results do not flurish because doctors are meant to be all ethical right? sadly there is alot of fine print and disclaimers that you do sign prior to the ht.

i dont have a link to my results.. i wanted to initially but i saw too many links thay initially praised the doctors, his techs, the reps, the receptionist etc only for the patient to be unsatisfied and berate the doctor and his clinic or for the patient to disappear altogether either due to signing a nda or out of grief and not wanting to see all the good results here. i was waiting for my results but at around month 7 i gave up even while the clinic told me its still early days. im at the point where the results have settled and it looks no different than it did at 7 months. i was fed spin after spin everytime a legitimate concern was expressed. im too bitter to post my results, hell i cant even look at the before and after because some sections are worse in the after photos... sigh... wish i just enjoyed what i had and didnt bother at all with a ht...

" im at the point where the results have settled and it looks no different than it did at 7 months. i was fed spin after spin everytime a legitimate concern was expressed. im too bitter to post my results"

haha, me too. I don't think your bitter, you obviously back here and wanting to give back, and help someone avoid the pitfalls you fell into.

" im at the point where the results have settled and it looks no different than it did at 7 months. i was fed spin after spin everytime a legitimate concern was expressed. im too bitter to post my results"

haha, me too. I don't think your bitter, you obviously back here and wanting to give back, and help someone avoid the pitfalls you fell into.

Thanks buddy, it does help to hear that, it really does. It angers me when certain individuals here(namely one) try to discredit me by blaming my self-publicized depression(resulting from the surgery) for causing my thoughts and views to be skewed and therefor wrong. I am completely honest about everything because I do not want ANYONE to go through what I went through.

See, by you saying you were feed the same spin by a clinic after you expressed concern, it alerts others in being aware that 1) they are not alone in feeling that way or 2) this stuff does go on. Clinics and Doctors are not infallible, far from it. They are not deities that should be worshiped. It is sad that the majority of failed cases go unreported. The things I have been told privately about several surgeons has me cringing.

Funk,

Do you feel like you've researched the procedure thoroughly and feel confident with your decision to book? Personally, I think one of the most important aspects of surgical hair restoration is research. Like a few others stated, sometimes taking a step back, researching for a few months, consulting with several physicians, and moving forward with appropriate knowledge and confidence makes all the difference.

Now, if you feel like you've put in adequate time and know you've selected the best hair restoration treatment plan, then I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll keep the community updated. However, if you still feel like you have a few questions and would like to garner some more experience before moving forward with surgery, please spend some time on the forums and ask as many inquires as necessary. Additionally, I (or any of the other Moderators) am available to answer any questions via private message.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Funk,

Do you feel like you've researched the procedure thoroughly and feel confident with your decision to book? Personally, I think one of the most important aspects of surgical hair restoration is research. Like a few others stated, sometimes taking a step back, researching for a few months, consulting with several physicians, and moving forward with appropriate knowledge and confidence makes all the difference.

Now, if you feel like you've put in adequate time and know you've selected the best hair restoration treatment plan, then I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll keep the community updated. However, if you still feel like you have a few questions and would like to garner some more experience before moving forward with surgery, please spend some time on the forums and ask as many inquires as necessary. Additionally, I (or any of the other Moderators) am available to answer any questions via private message.

Good luck!

Thanks for chiming in and reiterating what alot of us have said Blake. Excited patients really don't know what surgery entails and that alot of the effects are irreversible. One thing I tell people who are down about their hairloss and are rushing into surgery is that they only have a virgin donor once and grafts are finite and precious. Money can buy surgery but it cannot buy grafts. I can totally understand someone wanting to fix their situation, I wanted to fix mine. But one must be aware of all the potential ramifications that can(not will but can) arise and are often irreversible.

HairFunk has a good plan, except it does not allow any room for error. What if the 2nd HT doesn't take, or the 3rd? He is also planning on medication that has not even come out yet.

His hair loss is aggressive as well. He is 27 going easily toward a NW5A. He wants his youth thick hairline back that will not happen. He will get a great 1st HT, and then after going through further loss, the HT will become see through, because of his hair type. Does he know his 3 part plan is 30 thousand dollars minimum via Strip, and much much more via Fue? Is Fue a viable option for this guy? Personally I don't think so.. Should he restore his hairline to its former glory. I don't think that will work either.

We need to ask the question for him that he is not going to ask. And YES, one of those is what if the HT sucks. What's next? Cause I'm telling you when your HT sucks, its a different ball game.

I think a HT is good step for this guy if the Meds do not work. Stick with the meds hope they take. If you can't wait, will help guide in you in the right direction, and make sure all your variables are covered. The sales people should not be the ones convincing you. You should be going to them knowing you want them. Look at results period.

Edited by nativeremdies

BTW I am not a doctor. I simply have a picture of a doctor to give me the "illusion" of much more credibility. I am very much PRO HT, as you can easily see the impressive transformation. I just want to steer people in the right direction so they are happy in end

Cheers chaps.

I've been lurking the forum considering the pro's and cons for some time now. Believe me I know i'll never have my teenage hair back ever, but if I can keep some hair on top - i'll be more than happy to follow a few strategic HT's!

Dr Bhatti has swiftly replied about tackling my entire top with FUE. He estimates 3000 grafts to thicken through to my crown. If I can preserve my donor area should DHT inhibiting fail and Histogen etc not make the market, then further donor/body hair could be used whilst I use a temporary concealer should the 2nd HT happen.

The figures are realistic. 3000 FUE inc Tax = roughly 234780 Rupees + 1000 British Pound for flights from UK, accommodation, medical visa etc… the total can be done for around 3850 British Pound.

See the pic: This is the area in question to be done in 2-3 months. Who knows maybe Finasteride will bring some back... but i'm doubtful.

I'll certainly keep everyone updated!

Thanks

Edited by HairFunk

That is an amazing price.

Hairfunk, have you considered leaving the temples and just enforcing the existing hair you have now?

Recession is manly, for example look at Jude Law...

Lets say you get that hairline, and the meds don't work. If your hairless does not stabilize you will need a 2nd HT.

You have a lot of existing hair that will disappear. That hair line will need another HT.

Body hair and bear hair is "recommended" for the crown, I have read.

5b32d733b596e_HairFunk.png.dcfdadec62b64bee3f640e0873f23f1f.png

Edited by nativeremdies

Yep certainly have! I'll be lowering my hairline by very little to be honest - an inch at the most and filling in the sides a little. If you look at my picture of when I was 18/19 I had a naturally receding hairline then. Hopefully when finished it will be similar with a higher mature hairline.

I think this is my favorite Dr Bhatti transplant: 4000 FUE.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html

great results that patient had with dr bhatti. why would he stop posting after 5 months though. wish he would post his results now.

does dr bhatti use a motorized punch?

motorized.