Restoring my temple points?

Just looking for some advice on how to approach restoring my temples.

1- Should I bring the side areas (right below where the hairline ends) forward a bit?

2- Should I do anything at all to the 'points' right above my sideburns?

The 2nd question is of major concern and where I am very unsure/hesitant. The Left temple (1st 3 pics) has receded worse than the Right one, but they both seem to be going.

Worried if I restore them now, they might start to recede further over the next couple of years, leaving me screwed, as you can't cover up that area at all.

Anyway, this is a tricky area for me. I would greatly appreciate some help/guidance from some of you. Freaking out over doing this correctly.

Thanks!

Also, as a quick summary, I am 31 yrs old. This would be my 2nd HT. 1st one was back in 2006. Here is a link to those old pics:

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

5b32d6eac0b7e_LeftTemple1.jpg.251850203e95bc4b9579143256d778ba.jpg

5b32d6eadfce0_LeftTemple2.jpg.f9c9cc610df54623e7a22095d8bebd64.jpg

5b32d6eaf1a33_LeftTemple4.jpg.637d9f34fb5dcb20890375c3480cbbab.jpg

5b32d6eb14b31_RightTemple1.jpg.9deff2049f9244013eff42124083ebcb.jpg

5b32d6eb26d86_RightTemple3.jpg.a58fb0bae05e395ffe3c261777a15780.jpg

5b32d6eb3bdfa_RightTemple4.jpg.2e2d260c0122ac4ef45a5c5f0c32c086.jpg

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

Tough one, but as your hair doesn't look abnormal I would say wait it out a few more years.

Which Dr did the first HT? How many grafts?

Did they say if you had good donor, lots in the bank?

Are you on meds?

Family hair loss history?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Tough one, but as your hair doesn't look abnormal I would say wait it out a few more years.

Which Dr did the first HT? How many grafts?

Did they say if you had good donor, lots in the bank?

Are you on meds?

Family hair loss history?

Thanks for the reply. I ahd it done with Dr. Law in NYC. About 900 grafts. I am currently using Rogaine daily and Finas EOD. The men on my mother's side all have hair loss history. None at all on my father's side.

I've had multiple consults recently and have been told I have good donor hair.

So you think I avoid doing the sides/temples for a few more years? Or are you saying wait a few more years on the entire transplant?

Thanks for the reply. I ahd it done with Dr. Law in NYC. About 900 grafts. I am currently using Rogaine daily and Finas EOD. The men on my mother's side all have hair loss history. None at all on my father's side.

I've had multiple consults recently and have been told I have good donor hair.

So you think I avoid doing the sides/temples for a few more years? Or are you saying wait a few more years on the entire transplant?

Maybe improve the density of the hairline and even up the temples, without filling them in too much,

But who knows. In 5 years time other areas may need improving. I wish a had a crystal ball!!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

In my opinion I do not think it is in your best interest to bring your hairline down any lower or do any grafting into the area above your sideburns. By just adding density to you pre-existing hair it will give the appearance that you will have a lower hairline without bringing it down. A couple of problems that you might run it to with lowering your hairline at your age is that it will take a lot of grafts to achieve some good density and you might need those grafts later on if you lose more hair which can happen. Also if you do lose more hair in your 40's, 50's ect.ect. the lower hairline might not look as good as a more conservative one. Again I would just add more density to what you already have.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

You got 6 good years out of 900 grafts. That is a pretty sweet deal.

I would not plant anywhere that doesn't have hair now.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would not tuch those temples or hairline for that matter. It looks fine to me and you need to save your donor.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

In my opinion I do not think it is in your best interest to bring your hairline down any lower or do any grafting into the area above your sideburns. By just adding density to you pre-existing hair it will give the appearance that you will have a lower hairline without bringing it down. A couple of problems that you might run it to with lowering your hairline at your age is that it will take a lot of grafts to achieve some good density and you might need those grafts later on if you lose more hair which can happen. Also if you do lose more hair in your 40's, 50's ect.ect. the lower hairline might not look as good as a more conservative one. Again I would just add more density to what you already have.

Stuart,

I agree with you and wouldn't lower my hairline. My plan was to add density to the existing hairline, and use some grafts on the sides to bring my temple points forward a bit. My biggest conflict was addressing the 'points' right above the sideburns.

You got 6 good years out of 900 grafts. That is a pretty sweet deal.

I would not plant anywhere that doesn't have hair now.

Yea I am very lucky. Hoping to get another 6-7 years out of my next procedure, maybe more.

I would not tuch those temples or hairline for that matter. It looks fine to me and you need to save your donor.

So you guys recommend not touching the temples at all and just adding density to existing hair/top area?

If I were you, I would not do anything but if it really bothers you, I would add some density to the front third, but keep it very modest. Maybe 1000 grafts or less.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452