4440 grafts with Dr. Wong

BoomerSooner

They estimated me for around 4000 grafts and were able to get 4440. I have pictures and will get them uploaded soon. Let me just say that Dr Wong and his staff are great and made the process as smooth as possible. I am now on my 2nd day post surgery and am feeling pretty good overall. I can feel it around all my staples but it really isn't that bad at all. I was labeled as a NW6 and they were able to get my whole head covered, including my crown which they didn't think they were going to be able to do when they evaluated me on the online consultation. Overall, the whole process start to finish took over 12 hours which for me was the worst part. As far as the pain, there really wasn't much at all. Those dreaded numbing shots that some talk about were nothing more than little pricks and pinches. After around 11 hours, some of the shots began wearing off but after I told him, he gave me a shot in each of my eye brows and it completely killed all pain. I would suggest Dr. Wong to anyone that is debating on which Dr to go see. We (my wife and I) didn't have the best of luck once we arrived in Canada and they were tremendous on working with us. Some examples were that our GPS didn't work once we started driving after we rented our rental car. We weren't able to find our way back to the airport rental services so we had to do without. We called their office and Daria guided us to their office and said it wasn't any issue if we were a little late. Dr Wong than proceeded to let us borrow his until we were able to get ours fixed at a Best Buy. Another thing that happened was that my wife parked in the dental parking garage and after surgery, we went to leave and they had locked our car in there. One of Dr Wong's staff members, Lovely is her name, stopped to help us. She got a hold of someone that worked for the city and she waited over an hour and a half for them to show up, only to realize that this guy didn't have the key either to open it. So Lovely said she would drive us to our hotel no matter where it was, and she did. If anyone has any questions to ask me, please do it. I know there are some people that are bordering on pulling the trigger and taking the plunge. Go for it!

So I'm on day 2 post surgery now and the pain has definitely started to go away, not like it was a whole lot anyways. I have started to develop swelling in my forehead and temples which has made it a little uncomfortable but not too bad. The top of my head has started to develop some dry skin, which is completely normal I.believe

Stagger, I am leaving out today (Sunday). They do 1 hairwash for you the day after and then instruct you how to do it the rest of the time. My wife and I went and did a little trail hiking up around Grouse Mountain and such. What a beautiful area

Congratulations! Looks great!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Haha I'm not going to disappear. I think that the more people that post their experiences that the more it will help others decide to undergo the procedure. Today is 3rd day post op and I still have swelling in the temples and forehead but

overall I'm still very comfortable

Congrats. Your pain threshold seems a lot higher than mine, that's for sure! Glad that you got to explore Vancouver too. I would have liked to stay for another 1-2 days but unfortunately blew my budget in Hawaii beforehand :P

We did get to see part of the city and Granville Island though, which was nice. Maybe we can visit again (for a better reason) in the future. All the best with it

Awesome. Out of curiosity, did Dr W have any concern regarding your young age for such a big procedure? I'm curious as I'm about the same age with the same type of pattern.

KO, he didn't seem too worried about it at all. He said it should turn out to be a pretty good set of hair and he now has me taking proscar, which should preserve most of the hair I currently had. Unlike Propecia, you only take 1/3 of a pill of proscar 3x per week.

yea id say with another 2000 grafts bud and ull be on ur way to essentially a full head of hair.

I will say that Wong does some excellent work and they seem to specialize in big cases. wait a year or so and go back. they seem to pack those grafts very tightly to which is a plus imo!