"Cant decide" Round 2 With Dr. Rahal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya Can't!! Long time no talk buddy! I think your plan sounds great! I really don't understand your need to finish so strong, as your hair already looks so terrific; especially when you see where you came from when you first started your journey. At any rate, I do understand that self-confidence is important, and I say "if you can do it, go for it". You've always been a huge inspiration to me with your results, and were one of the main influences for me to choose Dr. Rahal for my restoration procedure. Wishing you the best of luck for "Round 2", and can't wait to see the final result!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Heya Can't!! Long time no talk buddy! I think your plan sounds great! I really don't understand your need to finish so strong, as your hair already looks so terrific; especially when you see where you came from when you first started your journey. At any rate, I do understand that self-confidence is important, and I say "if you can do it, go for it". You've always been a huge inspiration to me with your results, and were one of the main influences for me to choose Dr. Rahal for my restoration procedure. Wishing you the best of luck for "Round 2", and can't wait to see the final result!

Best,

Mike

Thanks AE!! 4000 may seem like allot but I really want to try and get the density in the back to match the top as much as I can. Plus, my thinning crown is not small to begin with. Its strange, when Dr. Rahal measures the thinning crown, it comes out much bigger than it looks. I suppose I have a big head. Dr. Feller told me that once during a consult a few years ago :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

Greatjob - Yes I am a chemist but now I work as a VP for a small pharma company. It would have been nice to connect at the guest house. When is your procedure? Good luck with yours as well.

I'm almost 5 months post op from my last procedure, but I will probably be going back after the one year mark with what will hopefully be my last procedure. Happy for you though, you seem like a stand up guy, good luck (although I really don't think you need it)!!

Ok, I just had to say that I am getting really excited now about my procedure. I think this one will pull it all together and hopefully Ill be done after this.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it all buddy!! :-)

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks AE and Matt. August 6th needs to get here fast :)

I am doing laxity exercises for about 3 months prior to surgery although my laxity seems to be just about as good as it was before round 1, maybe a little less. I hope these exercises will allow the doc to extract that extra 10-20% that I am hoping for.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 4 weeks later...

I am wondering if anyone on here will be getting a procedure done by Dr. Rahal around my surgery date of August 6th. I am staying at the Brookline of course.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 3 weeks later...

About 3 weeks until the big day. I am looking for a big donor harvest (4000); Rahal thinks he can get it. I have been doing aggressive laxity exercises. Scalp seems very very loose. Hoping for the best and getting excited and of course nervous at the same time.

I can't wait to say goodbye to these crown laterals. Hate is not even the word to describe how I feel about them...

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Congrats buddy!! So excited for you. I know how much you've been looking forward to your big day!! Track down anyone else staying at Brookline same time as you??

Agent - I noticed your signature reads "I represent Dr. Rahal". Are you an official on line rep now?

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Can't decide.....best of luck dude.

You've prepared & did your homework so I know it will turn out well.

Is Dr. Rahal himself performing your procedure?

And what location are you having your surgery done?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Can't decide.....best of luck dude.

You've prepared & did your homework so I know it will turn out well.

Is Dr. Rahal himself performing your procedure?

And what location are you having your surgery done?

Thanks shampoo. Yes Dr. Rahal is doing the surgery. He is the only doc at his clinic aside from Dr. Peres who is relatively new and as far as I know he is only assisting in some procedures on a part time basis for now. Surgeries are only done in the Ottawa office.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Good deal......from what I've seen and heard Dr. Rahal is an amazing artist.

Keep us updated.

• 2 weeks later...

T - 10 days until round 2 with Rahal!!

Any final words of wisdom from those who have had their crowns done?

Ugly duckling phase is going to suck something awful...

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I don't think your ugly duckling phase is going to be nearly as bad as it was the first time around. I personally think my crown work reacted better to the transplant (wasn't as pink nearly as long)......the only thing that's not going to be fun is waiting longer for the hair to grow. For me, it came up as the same time as the rest of my transplanted areas in the front, but it grew much slower and is still slower to mature. But with your massive procedure the first time around, coupled with the fact that you're not going to need another procedure for A LONG TIME (probably ever), I think this time around should prove to be much easier. Excited for you....

My birthday is 10 days before Christmas.......and it always flies by!!!!! =)

Your results are going to be AMAZING. Your hair is already wonderful. I can't wait to see the results. Your donor amount makes me envious!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Thanks guys, it means a lot.

Spex - Thanks for posting those few videos recently. They came at a perfect time for me since I am on deck now :)

My wife snapped this pic a few weeks ago so I thought I would post it. It has been almost 3 years post op. I know its one pic at one angle but I have posted many pics on this forum so I think you all know that I am not hiding anything :). Not bad for a NW 6 after one procedure :)

I know many want me to post pics of my crown now but I just hate looking at (let alone snapping pics of it) it so I would rather wait to post pre and post op pics from the clinic when I go in for round 2. Due to my large melon, the crown area is not as small as I would like. However, I don't think it significantly detracts from my appearance even today.

5b32d9a808b2e_photo(40).jpg.c0394d49cc9d4b32e030ae8d80b0c055.jpg

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

T-5 days. Driving to Canada on Monday for the big day on Tuesday. My wife tells me that "It will be fun for me". Sick woman.....Actually, I think she is right :)

Scalp laxity stretches are getting very old but the scalp does feel like jello :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Best of luck to someone that "gets it" as far as settling for nothing

but one of the very best doctors on the planet. Keep us updated!