Hairmax laser comb

It is true that FDA clearence only says it causes no harm, it does not mean that it is effective. I have had patients who clearly had positive results and others who really had no visible results. I tell all patients considering laser treatment this information and let them decide if they want to take that chance.

Is it possible for patients to use it on a "trial basis" before investing a large amount in purchasing one?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for sharing, Dr. Charles!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It would be great if patients could even rent these devices for a trial period before they commit the larger investment.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

From reading up on it. PEople say it can help primarly as a post transplant tool in reducing redness , preventing shockloss and helping the new grafts take by improving vascularity.

I think there are some studies online that showed it helped in some of these aspects. However in terms of regrowing hair generally the consensus is its not effective.

That's very interesting Dr. Charles because I have heard of similiar experiences regarding improvement to hair texture and even potential gains in caliber which IMHO is critical.

I wish there were more clinical studies with laser technology to confirm any and all changes to hair growth, changes to growth cycles, and even hair shaft diameter.

Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Gillenator

Hi Gillenator and Dr.Charles.

These are my thoughts as well. Low level lasers are used for healing wounds and are therefore it makes sense that it helps the donor and recipient site repair more quickly and pomote healthy growth.

I used a Raymax throughout my first few months after my HT and was an early grower, the redness (scar tissue) reduced quite quickly and th general health of my hair appeared good.

Prior to my HT, i used it for a few months and people commented on how healthy and thick my hair was looking, though i agree, i didn't see any growth of new hair.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Spend your money on the "proven" methods in treating hairloss.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Gillenator and Dr.Charles.

These are my thoughts as well. Low level lasers are used for healing wounds and are therefore it makes sense that it helps the donor and recipient site repair more quickly and pomote healthy growth.

I used a Raymax throughout my first few months after my HT and was an early grower, the redness (scar tissue) reduced quite quickly and th general health of my hair appeared good.

Prior to my HT, i used it for a few months and people commented on how healthy and thick my hair was looking, though i agree, i didn't see any growth of new hair.

Rob

Glad to hear of your good experience and although you may not have noticed new growth, you very well may have improvement or gains in hair caliber. ;)

Gillenator