3089 Grafts by Dr. Bisanga

Mrpsychedup

So having gone through a lot of soul searching and saving for the better part of a year, i managed to secure the funds for my HT and I just returned home from the procedure (was done in Belgium, I live in Denmark)

I have chosen to write a little bit about my experiences at the BHR clinic:

I arrived in Belgium the day before the procedure along with by girlfriend and checked in at our hotel (Catalonia Forum). What an exciting night it was - knowing that the next day I was going to rectify a problem that has been holding me back for close to 10 years. Anyways, of course I couldn’t sleep, so I just lay there waiting for the clock to turn 6.

We (Me and my girlfriend) got up, had a great breakfast and went down to the clinic. I was greeted at the door by one of Dr. Bisangas nurses, showing me inside and asking me to fill out some forms. Very nice and clean looking clinic. Then Dr. Bisanga himself came and got us in the foyer. Initial impression was great. Very cheerful and nice person. We had an initial talk about expectations and just a lot of signing papers and agreeing on the nature of the procedure. All in all a confidence inspiring session. He told me that I needed around 2500-3000 grafts and drew a natural looking hairline. Then it was time to start, and my girlfriend was sent home. After that a short photoshoot and then the shaving. I waved goodbye to my hair and was now led into the room where I would be staying for the rest of the day. I got administered antibiotic and a valium pill and then it was time for the "poking" as the doctor referred to the large amont of local anasteasia shots to my head. He numbed the half of my backhead, and then started poking holes while a nurse was standing beside him and counting them. Meanwhile we chatted lively about pretty much everything from soccer to religion (Tip to future customers, hes a BIG Chelsea fan!). After he was done poking holes in the back of my head, it was time for the extraction. The extraction was done by one of Dr. Bisangas nurses, all VERY nice and in good mood throughout the day. This continued until around 1, when it was time to eat lunch. My girlfriend came back and we had a nice lunch in a little room where we could be alone. A nice little break. Then back again. Bisanga returned and now started poking holes in my recipient area while still in a great mood – although a little too fond of “poking” me :) This took around 1 hour and then he did the “sides” of my new hairline. After that 2 nurses started placing grafts in my forehead. All in all I was actually surprised by how well I got through the first day. Not too painful and I didn’t look too bad. The day ended with me getting a “stylish” black bandana placed on my bloody head and being sent home.

What a scary night. I put socks on my hands and tied my hands together just to make sure I wouldn’t end up scratching my scalp and slept in a sitting position. I think I got around 2-3 hours of sleep.

Woke up again to a dreaded sight of my scalp being all bloody and a lot of extract looking like it was infected. I was later told that this was normal and nothing to worry about. Anyways, we went down to eat breakfast while wearing my “stylish” black bandana and then went back to the clinic.

What a difference day 2 was. Everything was so painful cause of swelling and soreness from the day before. Especially the part when I had to lie on the side of my head while a nurse was pressing down on my head and extracting grafts hurt like hell. But with a lot of “you’re doing great” and “best patient so far” encouragements from the nurses I got through the day. All in all the day was exactly the same as the first day. First Bisanga poked holes in the other part of my back head, then a nurse extracted grafts. Then Bisanga came back and poked holes in my forehead and finally 2 nurses placed the grafts in my forehead.

Post op was swiftly handled, and I left the clinic with a confidence inspiring speech by Dr. Bisanga of him expecting a high quality result.

Another dreadfull night of tied hands with socks on and very little sleep. We had booked an early flight home to Denmark, so we departed from the hotel at around 7 o clock. I’m not a VERY sensitive person, but with a swollen head and a “stylish” black bandana I was the object of quite a few glances on my 3 hour journey home. And what a relief it was to get back home and be able to start my post op procedures of spraying and washing the recipient area, and just being able to relax.

IMG_8552.jpg.12a67e024f7cb189afead8608c4417df.jpg

IMG_8557.jpg.d590dca2326bd3d3897876ed62a3ed94.jpg

IMG_8551.jpg.3034b75be7cc5d0a6bff5a08b0ee2630.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg.b746a59ed5e6465eca5b501c0f88434e.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg.6dc34ed60fc1124ae3a3ced653c1bee7.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg.dbc6af381eea5b7a5ede75d247f326f8.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg.f8600807367d1b3ddf543c320eb09fa5.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg.70ed1f661eb1357641e66232fbd333fa.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg.6ef4cc1e2c0bda58a203a4ec14132c30.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg.a9020612076b1167ae3ba39af2899303.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg.e375c62647e9af46321de9f9bdc222f7.jpg

IMG_8597.jpg.cf56ec3b7e501963f11626c93f4af7d9.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg.0bccf8352b70f025f64885ac2212ba83.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg.dc2fc9e13efa401440faaf716e4a2ed9.jpg

IMG_8601.jpg.f68ca7a77fd955233133a7d882689cc8.jpg

IMG_8602.jpg.63138ca47bd617aa56e5f53a12eecbf3.jpg

Congratulations on your procedure.

Dr Bisanga is an excellent surgeon , and great pre & post op pics.

Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Man, I should have forgot the HT ans rocked that look you have going there. Grow the back out and be a traditional Chinese warrior.

Well maybe not.

Looks good, looking forward to your updates.

I am also glad this was broken up into two days.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Man, I should have forgot the HT ans rocked that look you have going there. Grow the back out and be a traditional Chinese warrior.

Well maybe not.

Looks good, looking forward to your updates.

I am also glad this was broken up into two days.

Tbh, it takes a danish viking like me to pull such a look off! :)

/Sebastian

Sorry, I dont understand the word "belter" :)

/Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

belter - definition of belter by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

1. an event, person, quality, etc., that is admirable, outstanding, or thrilling a real belter of a match. 2. a. a rousing or spirited popular song that is sung loudly and ...

Belters - Belteroporic - Belter, John Henry

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

So today its been 6 days since my HT and heres how my healing is going:

I'm a little worried about the front of my head not healing all too well, but I guess a lot of the dried up blood and crust will fall off in time. In 2 days I?m going to start washing the front of the head with a shower and actually start touching it (masaging it gently) - damn its a scary thought :D

/Sebastian

foto(4).JPG.d99e3b229d8817f111aa72e14e410025.JPG

foto(5).JPG.be8f275744609507ece850846c2a6a1d.JPG

foto(2).JPG.7f26606ad312f8ccd16cd0796532842c.JPG

foto(3).JPG.5757182477f0b51f851d39a5f53d2499.JPG

foto(6).JPG.983d9b8031ceecdf93f9918cc8154a11.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hey Sebastien good lock for the HT. I was just wondering you wrote that 2 nurses started placing grafts in your forehead. Was it not dr Bisanga? I m surprised because i thought he did the entire procedure... Thanks and good luck again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Sebastian,

Best of luck to you! The work looks very impressive -- I think you're going to get a fantastic result. How is it going currently, could you give us an update?

Thank you for sharing your story.

Masato

• 1 month later...

Would be great to get an update but I reckon it's possible that Sebastien is more regularly on Danish/other Euro forums, given his location.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to come across Sebastiens case as he posted on another site as well. He updated a few days ago with his 5 month state and things are looking very good for him.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3