Worried at work

I’m having my crown done with Dr. Konior up in Chicago right after Thanksgiving.

I’ve got to get back to work after about 5 days max, but I do not look good in hats and can’t wear one to work, church or out to dinner.

Anyone have experience with how long the little scabs on your head are visible to other people?

For me,the scabs did not form until about day 7 and then fell off at about 2 or so weeks.

How many grafts are you getting on your crown?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr Koniors work is about as clean as it gets, and he doesn't require shaving I don't think, so those points in themselves put you in the best possible position. You may have a few "interesting" moments, but also really depends on your crown situation pre HT. Dont sweat it too much, it will all be well worth it!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If you get scabs, they will probably still be there at day 5. Some people don't get scabs. Also, if you have some native hair in the area it may all blend in together and not really be visible.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

You should consider using a concealer, but you don't want that to be obvious. Don't scrub any scabs off or they will reappear and hang around longer than you want them to. Let them soak and after a week you can massage them, loosening them up, but they need to fall off on their own.

In a bald crown, unless you can comb your hair straight back, it might be hard to use a concealer, you don't want it to be more obvious than whatever scabs remain. You should consider a can of Toppik, maybe give it a try, for a spray concealer, perhaps a small amount of Prothik will help cover things up. The trick is to not overdo it, and if it is apparent, then don't use it. I don't think you will have to worry too much, most people don't really look at ones crown anyway, and the scabs will be gone pretty quickly. Good luck.

I had what I guess you would call scabbing, but not for several days and not what I expected. It was extremely clean. It was more like I just got dandruff. The scabs were individual and the size of a grain of sand. They just kind of flaked off.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly one week Post Op with Dr Konior. He is the Michelangelo of HT. Incredibly smooth procedure (2400 grafts on crown), no pain and very clean look. I returned to work on Monday and told fellow employees I had some sun damaged moles removed on my scalp, slicked by hair back to cover most of crown and used a little Toppik. Not one question or funny look. Worth the trip to Chicago!

• 2 weeks later...

19 days post op w Dr Konior (2400 grafts on crown). I was a little freaked out about going back to work before the surgery but as you can see by profile pic that I took today...no worries. I grew out my hair in front (prior to surgery) and afterwards combed it back with a little Toppik. I just wanted to pass this along since this forum gave me great advice to have a post op plan to conceal and get back to work. Of course, also helps to have a great surgeon like Dr K!

19 days post op w Dr Konior (2400 grafts on crown). I was a little freaked out about going back to work before the surgery but as you can see by profile pic that I took today...no worries. I grew out my hair in front (prior to surgery) and afterwards combed it back with a little Toppik. I just wanted to pass this along since this forum gave me great advice to have a post op plan to conceal and get back to work. Of course, also helps to have a great surgeon like Dr K!

Congrats how did your surgery go? Glad to hear things are going well at your work place and you're not feeling self conscious. Any pics of Dr. K's work?

Exactly one week Post Op with Dr Konior. He is the Michelangelo of HT. Incredibly smooth procedure (2400 grafts on crown), no pain and very clean look. I returned to work on Monday and told fellow employees I had some sun damaged moles removed on my scalp, slicked by hair back to cover most of crown and used a little Toppik. Not one question or funny look. Worth the trip to Chicago!

Great to hear! Everyone here knows Dr Konior one of my favorites. Including him. One thing, I'm sure you did, but check with Dr K about using concealers that early after a transplant.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website