Dr. Koray Erdogan -Asmed Turkey ?

azazelgs

I saw his results while I was looking at Milena Lardi's smp on the italian forum.

I looked at his results and noticed that he is generally dealing with high nw cases. When patients have their hair long , his results looks 5-6 out of 10 but when patient have a shorter haircut , it really looks good. He only does FUE by the way.

The other thing that I noticed that in Beauty Medical's web page , there is his clinic's link. I don't know if they are affiliated , I mailed to them and they replied to me that they are closed until 25th October.

He got my attention in 2 ways; the way he deals with patiens (higher nw's for shorter buzz cuts) and his relation with Beauty Medical. I really don't know what their connections are , but if there is any , maybe he knows or already done procedures for smp+fue combo. That would be a big plus for me. However, there is no case of him doing smp+fue on the italian forum.

So anyone knows about him ? Anyone had a procedure? I'll try to get info from him, since he is Turkish our communication will be much easier:) Also , I go to Istanbul once in a month so once I got an answer , I'm sure I'll definately go for a consultation.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a procedure with him but from the correspondence that I have witnessed he is very honest and ethical in his approach(he won't give juvenile hairlines to an NW4 or dense pack fronts of 21 year old NW3s). I remember him telling an NW 4 that he was proceeding into an NW6 and that he looked like he had around 5,000 grafts but wouldn't give him complete density. He also said he would need 2 procedures as one would only complete the first half and the crown would not be dense packed. He actually wrote back to the individual personally which is always very cool. Great FUE Doctor for sure, up there with the best.

Edited by Mickey85

Mickey85,

Thanks for the quick response. I wonder how he approaches to the guys who want to have a buzz cut to frame his face for higher nw levels. It seems like he is dealing with nw5-6 's , i wonder if he can plan a ht for a smp combo also.

Mickey85,

Thanks for the quick response. I wonder how he approaches to the guys who want to have a buzz cut to frame his face for higher nw levels. It seems like he is dealing with nw5-6 's , i wonder if he can plan a ht for a smp combo also.

No worries champ. I'm actually a big fan of those who use FUE as a replacement for FUT. Doctors like Lorenzo, Koray, Keser, Eser etc. Not sure how he would approach a true nw5 or 6 but I'm guessing he would not give a low hairline and go for good coverage with the density trailing back toward the crown.

I've emailed Koray and am awaiting a response hopefully this week. I'll be interested to hear what his thoughts are on my situation.

I would love to do SMP + Fue in the one holiday (I would be travelling from Australia) but I guess this isnt really a possibility?

I've emailed Koray and am awaiting a response hopefully this week. I'll be interested to hear what his thoughts are on my situation.

I would love to do SMP + Fue in the one holiday (I would be travelling from Australia) but I guess this isnt really a possibility?

Would have to get the SMP done first if at all possible... Doing the FUE first would leave the scalp much too inflamed and sensitive. Even SMP leaves the scalp red and inflamed for a little while but most likely much less than FUE would.

Agree with mickey.

I am also waiting response from Dr.Erdogan, when he does I'll probably go to istanbul since it is one hour flight from where I live.

Also I am planning to go to milan for beauty medical to see the results. I was talking with spex about this and I thought I wouldn't jump on it without seeing results. So ill do a short trip to milan to see it.

Mickey, have you seen dr.erdogan's results in italian forum? There are many hairline examples for higher nw scales and seems to me that he doesn't do one type of ht to every patient, I guess he really listens what the patient wants and especially how they gonna use their hair and plan the hairline according to that. Its just a guess though , the scenario I want to believe in:)

Agree with mickey.

I am also waiting response from Dr.Erdogan, when he does I'll probably go to istanbul since it is one hour flight from where I live.

Also I am planning to go to milan for beauty medical to see the results. I was talking with spex about this and I thought I wouldn't jump on it without seeing results. So ill do a short trip to milan to see it.

Mickey, have you seen dr.erdogan's results in italian forum? There are many hairline examples for higher nw scales and seems to me that he doesn't do one type of ht to every patient, I guess he really listens what the patient wants and especially how they gonna use their hair and plan the hairline according to that. Its just a guess though , the scenario I want to believe in:)

Hey there, I have seen Dr. Erdogan's results on the Spanish forums. My only quibble is that alot of the end results come from the patients themselves in rooms that do not contain adequate lighting which can make things look denser etc. This is not the clinic's fault as sometimes it's very hard for a patient to come back for professional photos. I agree he doesn't have a hairline template for people of higher Norwood status, but I really doubt he would give a Brad Pitt hairline to a NW5 or 6, regardless of how much the patient wanted it. His designs are very nice, as are Keser's designs. Erdogan and Lorenzo are your guys if you are a higher Norwood rating.

Mickey, I was not referring to the length between eyebrows and hairline, just that the design of it. Lowering it makes things much more complicated and harder , but if the patient is going to support buzz cut , better hairline in terms of design and temple closure becomes much more important. I guess he is really listening his patients needs about it. Because I really don't see even some strip doctors do such a hairline with such a hairloss even with many more grafts than he applies. That's what I ment by the hairline.

Mickey, I was not referring to the length between eyebrows and hairline, just that the design of it. Lowering it makes things much more complicated and harder , but if the patient is going to support buzz cut , better hairline in terms of design and temple closure becomes much more important. I guess he is really listening his patients needs about it. Because I really don't see even some strip doctors do such a hairline with such a hairloss even with many more grafts than he applies. That's what I ment by the hairline.

Ahhh I understand now :)

You will struggle to find any HT surgeon in Turkey who will now perform FUT as it is deemed old practice throughout Turkey. Don't be alarmed if they only do FUE.

I had FUE by Dr Eser in Istanbul and the results are fantastic. I haven't heard of the surgeon you are mentioning, but i would recommend Dr Eser and Dr.Keser if you want clean, ethical work at great prices (although Dr.Keser is considerably higher price than others in Turkey).

Just be careful of procedures out there that seem 'too cheap'. The reason for those very low prices is because the majority of the work is done by technicians, hence keeping the cost low. It's better to pay a bit more and have the experienced surgeons do the extractions and incisions.

Take a look at my results and if you want any help on who/when/where/how in Istanbul, feel free to contact me and i'll gladly help as i have been through it.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 5 months later...

I am strongly considering to have my HT in July with Dr. Koray. Among all the doctors I have contacted, he was the only one who called me to explain my case. He believes he can give me a very good density and a beautiful front line. The results I have seem from Dr. Koray are impressive!

I was/am also considering Dr. Doganay but the micromotor and choi pen have no appeal to me.

For all my research in different Forums and talking to some friends in Turkey I got three names to consider: Dr. Koray, Dr. Doganay and Dr. Keser. These are the only three doctors in Turkey I would go for a HT.

I am running out of time, since they these doctors are 3 months booked in advance. I need to make my mind. Keep you posted it!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

• 3 weeks later...

Denny, how much does Dr koray charge in tax. His secretary Pinar does not seem to be very open and on prompting her, she said tax is 20%. This is absurdly high dont you think? I dont trust this figure considering Turkey has tax free medical tourism zones

I jusr want to clarify that I am in no way shape of form discrediting asmed, however, I feel he needs a solid representative who has a good command in english. There also needs to be some transparency. He recommended me 2600 grafts which is absurb considering I am a norwood 2, I am 24 and all the other reputable coalition clinics suggested a figure between 1200-1800 max. Its made me quite uncertain because I have no doubt Dr Koray is a top notch fue doctor. There is no doubt. His results speak for themselves but a hair transplant is about the whole package. Communication and transparency included. I think asmed needs to address this. Because I really want a procedure with Dr Koray.

Hi Fujita. As far as I know the price includes all taxes. I exchanged many messages with them and they did not mention any additional taxes. I already got an official proposal, which says I will pay (i) the number of necessary grafts times Euro 2.5; (ii). Euro 300,00 for post op medication and transfer; and (iii) Euro 300,00 for the PRP.

I will clearly ask about taxes and let you know if it happens to be different from what I said.

Fujita, I understand what you say. I have also sent my pictures to other reputable doctors and they said I would need between 2.000-2.5000 grafts. Dr. Koray was the only one who said I would need 3.200. We spoke on the phone and he explained to me the reasons he su0 and I agree with him.

For what I read on this Forum, he seems to be a very honest and trustful doctor. It all depends the results you expect. He is maybe more agressive in the number of grafts, maybe that is the reason his results are so impressive.

I prefer to have one procedure of 3.200 grafts than 2 procedures to reach the same result. This is only my opinion.

See my gut instinct was right. 20% tax figure is absurd. Man this sucks, because I love Dr Korays work but I cant help but think I was being led up the garden path there. These things make you want to save an extra grand or two and go to the likes of bisanga, feriduni etc. Lets see what pinar says to you. Because she gave me two cost breakdowns. One the standard 2.5 x grafts + 300 medical fees.

And when i prompted her on tax, she slapped me with a 20% figure. Surely thats absurd.

Lol curiosity killed the cat.

Boy, I just hope im wrong because I am quite abit pissed off right now

Edited by Fujita
typos

Yes, I agree with your point in getting it all in one go but my friend it is extremely risky on somebody who is young (24) with minimal hairloss (n2) because we dint have a crystal ball to see into the future. Plus there is a huge chance of shock loss. I ould give him the benefit of the doubt because i would like to believe he would have reduced the estimate had he seen me in person. Im just doubtful of the formalities side of his clinic. Needless to say, i dont have much confidence in pinar. Like I said, i hope im wrong. But she did not breed confidence in me.

Edited by Fujita
added sentence

It is good to see I am not alone. I had some problems in speaking with her on the phone. Everything changes when I spoke to Dr. Koray (who speaks fluent English).

I totally agree with you. This was also my concern. I want to save some for the "empty" times. I hope they never come! The chances to have a shock loss are extremely high. But you are aware that most of the cases (not to say all) your hair grow back after few months, so you shouldn't worry about shock loss but be ready for the "ugly duckling phase".

Dr. Koray is now changing premisses and he is working a lot. But try to speak to him on the phone and talk about your concerns.

I have just spoke to Pinar on the phone and no taxes apply to the price. Do not worry! :-)

Thanks bud for calling up and helping clear that up on my behalf. Says alot about you :) We will put down to the language barrier from his secretary. Its comforting to have a detailed explanatiom because I highly respect Dr Korays work and indeed the thorough explanatiom erased any doubts I had and echoec everyone elses view on dr Korays good ethics